Poll: Which had the better LFR?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Well, Blizzard obviously didn't agree with this mentality - which is why they changed it. In the end, it's of course a matter of one's own opinion, but personally, I'm definitely glad that they did.
    And that personal loot will probably be even more common in the future.
    Yup, and now you have deterimination. Honestly, I am not sure we ever wiped in our runs in there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    So all the DPS should have to wait 30-40 minutes just to drop to wait another 30-40 on top of the deserter debuff because you wanted to funnel gear? That's the issue with that design.
    Our que with friends... Once again we did the leg work for maybe 4 items that may not even drop. We invested the time and effort, we didn't roll on everything we could, just what we were planning to funnel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

The only mistake MoP had with LFR was using it to replace heroic dungeons in my opinion.
    I agree with this, and as a dungeon enthusiast, I'm happy to see that they're bringing them back as a part of the content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    Yup, and now you have deterimination. Honestly, I am not sure we ever wiped in our runs in there.
    I'd prefer wiping to every boss a few times and having an equally fair shot at gear afterwards over killing everything first try and seeing items funneled into one of your players any day.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-05-05 at 03:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    All forms of LFR are the same to me. A useless cesspit.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Our que with friends... Once again we did the leg work for maybe 4 items that may not even drop. We invested the time and effort, we didn't roll on everything we could, just what we were planning to funnel.
    Just because you could get a full group in there to ensure loot would be for your team doesn't mean everyone could, or should have to.
    Everyone else in that group invested time and effort too, yet they have to deal with the fact that everyone and their brother is rolling on an item they might need to just because one person in the guild needs it? It was a faulty system, one that saying "You should of just dropped then" isn't a defense to.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Kara View Post
    In cataclysm we didnt have bonus rolls, and the loot was tradeable.
    You mean when people needed on things they already had in order to use it as a bargaining chip for loot they did want?

No thanks.

Never once did we troll anyone. I really can't think of us ever being a jerk to anyone in the thing. Ensuring that a few alts who were going to be brought in later on had a chance to be more productive is fine, that's not being a jerk.
    If we had the option of walking in with only us, we would have but it wasn't so we made the best of it. There was no reason for us not to either, except for somebody elses lack of desire to sit through a que timer again when seeing we had 5/6 healers and they still needed the Maw.
    There exists you're problem. You refuse to see how you impacted others. You want to blame them for not doing what you did. You do something wrong and feel you're justified and that anyone else who doesn't deserves what they get.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    There exists you're problem. You refuse to see how you impacted others. You want to blame them for not doing what you did. You do something wrong and feel you're justified and that anyone else who doesn't deserves what they get.
    How did we do anything wrong? Once again, we put forth the time and effort to perform a task. There is nothing wrong with that, all because you dislike it doesn't mean its wrong.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

LFR DS had a nightmarish loot system, everyone needed everything, there were honest to god people who would try to hand out items to people who they decided "deserved" them. Not to mention the outright exploiting and griefing. And people taking 10 people to LFR to monopolise loot. Fucking horrible, thank god that's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

How did we do anything wrong? Once again, we put forth the time and effort to perform a task. There is nothing wrong with that, all because you dislike it doesn't mean its wrong.
    This just makes me very sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just makes me very sad.
    Sorry you dislike the concept of a group of people joining together to accomplish a task for their benefit.

Because you're saying "Screw you" basically to the people who also put forth the time and effort.

Hence why Blizzard changed it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Fucking horrible, thank god that's gone.
    Yup. And thank god that it will most likely never return. This way, the whole discussion about if loot funneling is ok or not becomes irrelevant.

Sorry you dislike the concept of a group of people joining together to accomplish a task for their benefit.
    But thats not what it was. It was for the detriment of others, and you close your eyes to it. That is why it is sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    But thats not what it was. It was for the detriment of others, and you close your eyes to it. That is why it is sad.
    What? Your telling me we didn't do it to help our team we did it to hurt others?
    Question. At my job I work hard. I actually have enough production they were able to give me a raise and eventually lay off another full time employee and a part time employee because I was able to manage enough of a work load that they were expendable. I assume I have my eyes closed at that also.

They had 2 bosses of free loot, and a pretty good chance at getting free loot on the last two. Once again all because you don't like it and think we were being mean by doing it, don't mean we were.

What? Your telling me we didn't do it to help our team we did it to hurt others?
    Question. At my job I work hard. I actually have enough production they were able to give me a raise and eventually lay off another full time employee and a part time employee because I was able to manage enough of a work load that they were expendable. I assume I have my eyes closed at that also.
    I wish people would stop comparing this to a job, because it's not, it's a game. The fact is, no one is "putting in more effort" in LFR really, just because you're pulling more, other people are still doing the same thing as you, hitting buttons on a keyboard.

They had 2 bosses of free loot, and a pretty good chance at getting free loot on the last two. Once again all because you don't like it and think we were being mean by doing it, don't mean we were.
    Just because you think it's fine doesn't mean it is, and clearly with the fact that Blizzard changed it means that it wasn't the right way to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish people would stop comparing this to a job, because it's not, it's a game. The fact is, no one is "putting in more effort" in LFR really, just because you're pulling more, other people are still doing the same thing as you, hitting buttons on a keyboard.

Just because you think it's fine doesn't mean it is, and clearly with the fact that Blizzard changed it means that it wasn't the right way to do it.
    I make the job comparison to show the fact that if I put forth the effort to do something regardless of what area in life it is, that doesn't make it wrong for putting forth the effort. if others make the choice to not give the same level of effort.
    Anyways it was only for the first few weeks, and like I said maybe ten times total at the most. You guys can dislike it, and Blizzard changed it because their was enough whining and moaning about it, that doesn't mean I did anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Yup. And thank god that it will most likely never return. This way, the whole discussion about if loot funneling is ok or not becomes irrelevant.
    I'm sure it never will.

Though I have misgivings about allowing the RL to select the loot system for all flexi style raids in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I'm sure it never will.

Though I have misgivings about allowing the RL to select the loot system for all flexi style raids in WoD.
    If its a openraid or oQue pug, most likely it will be common to have the RL post the loot rules at the very beginning that way the rules can be enforced later on via GM if someone tries to get shady with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike the personal loot system that creates vendor/shard wastage. I am all for the system otherwise.

having bonus rolled the same pair of boots of sha 4 times had me throwing my slipper across the room! having 5 peices of tier head slot items drop and get no trinket after 2 months is just stupid.