Poll: Which had the better LFR?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    What? Your telling me we didn't do it to help our team we did it to hurt others?
    no, you didnt do it to hurt others intentionally. you did it at the EXPENSE of others. LFR was created with the intent that 25 random people be put together to accomplish a goal. giving each individual the fair and equal chance to be rewarded for their effort. you went above and beyond the intent just to game the system that didnt have a failsafe for the people who were there under the intended premise.

that is your problem. that is why loot rules were changed for the better. you didnt want to hurt people intentionally. you simply wanted the gear they shoulda gotten a fair shot at.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

I make the job comparison to show the fact that if I put forth the effort to do something regardless of what area in life it is, that doesn't make it wrong for putting forth the effort. if others make the choice to not give the same level of effort.
    Anyways it was only for the first few weeks, and like I said maybe ten times total at the most. You guys can dislike it, and Blizzard changed it because their was enough whining and moaning about it, that doesn't mean I did anything wrong.
    You are making the incorrect assumption that it was your efforts that allowed the group to kill the bosses.

Any other group of players could have been there in your place and the bosses would still have died most likely.

It may have been faster with you there, but all that matters as far as loot is concerned is that the boss died.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    they shoulda gotten a fair shot at.
    This is all really a matter of opinion and I have the unpopular one, but it doesn't really matter. Everyone had the same choice to que up together or alone, we made the choice to que up together, like I said 10 times and I want to say in total we got 2 Maws, 1 Gurth 1 Agi Trinket and 1 Str Trinket plus a 2 piece for a shaman. Some people benefitted from a super quick run that had no issues, some didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

I feel that people tried more in Cata, and didn't bother to AFK. But I really believe the only people that AFK are those that are just trying to either get quest items or gear their alts (and are mostly normal mode or higher raiders).

This is all really a matter of opinion and I have the unpopular one, but it doesn't really matter. Everyone had the same choice to que up together or alone, we made the choice to que up together, like I said 10 times and I want to say in total we got 2 Maws, 1 Gurth 1 Agi Trinket and 1 Str Trinket plus a 2 piece for a shaman. Some people benefitted from a super quick run that had no issues, some didn't.
    This is a horrible way to look at it. You can't say haha I chose to do something against the intent but didn't have preventative measures for it and everyone that did it right did it wrong!

You're so focused on yourself that you refuse to look at it from the point of view of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    no it isnt an opinion. you gamed the system that shoulda had something in place to make sure you couldnt. the other people didnt have the choice to QUEUE up with others, since that was not the original intent of LFR. you are the reason Blizzard created personal loot. so congrats and thanks to you and others like you, WoW has a better system in place. but next time just ask for it instead of doing so intentionally at the expense of others.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    no it isnt an opinion. you gamed the system that shoulda had something in place to make sure you couldnt. the other people didnt have the choice to QUEUE up with others, since that was not the original intent of LFR. you are the reason Blizzard created personal loot. so congrats and thanks to you and others like you, WoW has a better system in place. but next time just ask for it instead of doing so intentionally at the expense of others.
    He was rewarded for playing with a group of friends. In a game that should reward you for playing with a group of friends. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    He was rewarded for playing with a group of friends. In a game that should reward you for playing with a group of friends. I don't see anything wrong with that.
    Because LFR wasn't intended to be just for the people playing with a group of friends, that's what Normal was for.
    LFR was intended for everyone to be able to jump into and get a fair shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    There's a difference between being rewarded for being in a group and being able to screw over other people in the raid because your friends are there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Kara View Post
    Ahhh! That might be a huge reason why I felt cataclysm was better. Dungeons were actually a choice.
    Cataclysm dungeons weren't a choice when it came to gearing up a freshly dinged 85. These days you hit 90, do timeless isle forever, 785 scenarios, maybe spam dungeon queues for days to buy pvp gear, maybe get a piece of prideful as well, just so you can gear up enough to enter flex.

In comparison, the 4.3 dungeons awarded 378 loot, the normal difficulty loot from 4.2 (firelands)

In 5.4 we didn't get new dungeons, or the option of obtaining 522 gear from dungeons in some way.

Dungeons weren't a choice, but they are now, just not in a good way.

If its a openraid or oQue pug, most likely it will be common to have the RL post the loot rules at the very beginning that way the rules can be enforced later on via GM if someone tries to get shady with it.
    Same could've been said of Wrath ICC10 pugs, but they were exploits galore.

IMO Blizzard should introduce a system where the RL requires the group's consent to change loot rules, unless it's a guild group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.