Poll: Would you support Blizzard removing LFR

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Wouldnt it be better to remove the trolls and elitists from LFR instead of LFR from the game?

- anybody who trips special LFR mature language filter* in /p /ra /i /s or /y gets a warning, for second offense muted for the rest of instance
    - for an afk during bossfight you get a warning... automatic kick and dungeon deserter debuff for 24 hours for second offense
    - if non-tank pulls when whole raid is not alive and present you get a warning... 48h dungeon deserter for 2nd offense (tanks get 2 warnings)

* includes also derogatory remarks of somebody's gear or play skill
    You can't just 'remove' players either. Certain game design promotes certain behavior. LFR in its current inception is a strange place. While on paper it's supposed to act as sort of a raid safari, it's actually used for a number of different reasons by various different kinds of players. Very casual players use it to see content. Casual players looking to progress further use it as a gear springboard. Normal and heroic mode raiders use it to fill missing tier pieces and to get trinkets. PVP players might use it to get easy access to trinkets and others just want to farm pets.

This creates a big discrepancy of gear and boss mechanic knowledge in a single raid and an atmosphere where almost no one wants to be there with each other. Heroic raiders are annoyed because people are dying to content they outgear and have been farming for weeks. Casuals are annoyed because they're not in a rush and don't care about maximizing their dps, and so on.

LFR currently caters to too many people for what it's supposed to be. I personally wouldn't care if they removed it, although a solution that keeps everyone happy would obviously be best. It's good to try and get the community to work closer and better with each other, but LFR is achieving the opposite effect.

Quote Originally Posted by twelvedogs View Post
    sure, they'll remove the only way a large chunk of the player base sees a large chunk of the content... to prevent a bunch of players who don't want to and don't have to run LFR from running LFR
    Small edit for emphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Templis View Post
    You can't just 'remove' players either.
    Yeah, you can. With very clear rules that enforce better behavior like for example the three things I listed there would cut out trolls within few weeks. It's lot less fun pulling the trash before Garrosh when you get two day dungeon deserter debuff after second time.

Which reminds me to add fourth... If you pull something and leave the group within ten seconds you also get 24h dungeon deserter debuff with no questions asked.

Yeah, you can. With very clear rules that enforce better behavior like for example the three things I listed there would cut out trolls within few weeks. It's lot less fun pulling the trash before Garrosh when you get two day dungeon deserter debuff after second time.

Which reminds me to add fourth... If you pull something and leave the group within ten seconds you also get 24h dungeon deserter debuff with no questions asked.
    I'd much more like to force the most bad people into proving grounds before they can que up again something like
    "You performed terribly in your previous LFR please complete proving grounds begore queing for Lfr again"

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I'd much more like to force the most bad people into proving grounds before they can que up again something like
    "You performed terribly in your previous LFR please complete proving grounds begore queing for Lfr again"
    And that is exactly why LFR in WoD requires silver from PG.

Trolls and professional asshats is what's wrong with LFR, not underperformers.

Neither of the above two solutions will do anything but antagonize and alienate players further. If you get disconnected from LFR you suddenly have a 24h cooldown. Adding gates to LFR is nonsensical since it is supposed to be absolutely entry level given the difficulty.

Deleted

LFR does not require PG silver, only 5Hs require that.

Quote Originally Posted by Templis View Post
    If you get disconnected from LFR you suddenly have a 24h cooldown.
    DC would not trip any of those things I outlined above.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    LFR does not require PG silver, only 5Hs require that.
    Not confirmed, but they've talked about PG achievements being requirement for using the raid finder, not just item level. It could mean using higher difficulties or all difficulties, or different achis for different difficulties.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not confirmed, but they've talked about PG achievements being requirement for using the raid finder, not just item level. It could mean using higher difficulties or all difficulties, or different achis for different difficulties.
    They talked about letting you use Proving Grounds to bypass the item level check, not gating it behind Proving Grounds entirely. The only reason they're doing it with 5-man Heroics is because matchmade groups in Cata Heroics were an unmitigated disaster until 4.3 introduced the easier Hour of Twilight Heroics. Fully-premade groups can still queue without the medal and you can solo-queue for the MoP-easy level 100 Normal 5-mans which will be sufficient for gearing up for LFR.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Yes! Remove it. Cause the players who are not willing to put time and effort into the MMO game should NOT see the same content than the ones who are..

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Have legendary quest chains been confirmed for WoD? I think that system has been absolutely horrid in this expansion. Basically put up a several month long barrier for new characters to get into raiding. Been super alt unfriendly and new player unfriendly. Hopefully they will get rid of that system.
    In one of the recent chats, the dev acknowledged the alt problem with the LQC, and said a new LQC in WoD would not require alts to repeat the steps.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-438

"Having to redo the grinding parts of the legendary quest chain again on alts also wasn't great, so in the future this would be something that you can skip on alts."

As for new players, that's working as intended. Blizzard doesn't want people not sending them $$$ for most the expansion, and just jumping in at the end. So there's a cost if you do that.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2014-05-06 at 02:28 PM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    In one of the recent chats, the dev acknowledged the alt problem with the LQC, and said a new LQC in WoD would not require alts to repeat the steps.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Tweets-DLC-438

"Having to redo the grinding parts of the legendary quest chain again on alts also wasn't great, so in the future this would be something that you can skip on alts."

As for new players, that's working as intended. Blizzard doesn't want people not sending them $$$ for most the expansion, and just jumping in at the end. So there's a cost if you do that.
    For new players, I might agree it works as intended. The problem becomes returning players that played before. People that played before and the is startig again do not want to be behind a 2 month artificial roadblock to play with friends. The biggest problem with it is that it is completely out of your hands. It is not like you can put in extra time and catch up. You simply do the grind every week and wait for the next week.

Having a time gate in the current tier may be goodish, but it gets quite insane when you have multiple tiers to catch up through. For example in 5.4, the sigils, valor and secrets feels way overkill for the legendary chain. Simply requiring to complete those raids and getting the runestones feels like it would be enough.

I would actually much prefer if the grind was limited by time spent in-game, not time passed irl.
    For example, instead of having a quest like the 6k valor points requiring 6 weeks to complete, make the quest require say 15 hours of grinding or so to complete. That way you can decide to spend one day, one week, six weeks or twelve weeks to complete that grind. As a returning player if you wanted to catch up you would have the option to do so by simply putting more time into the game instead of being a helpless bystander just waiting to be able to catch up.

I think the entire subject is tricky, there is a lot that could be done in it.

Ofc not. It just needs some polishing.

I have found that the majority of problems in LFR are caused by 'short timers', people who only show up long enough to run lfr until the final boss of the tier dies and then they unsub and run off to the games they would rather be playing. These people show up a few weeks before the tier drops to gear up to qualify for the next tier and turn LFR into a wipe fest until a month later when the final boss dies. These players have no intention to learn strats, gem, enchant, reforge or learn rotations. They just don't care. Once the boss goes down and they leave the competency in LFR sky rockets until a few weeks before the next tier when they come back in preperation of the next tier when it falls to shit again.

No raid guild wants these guys as they have no intentions of helping the group gear up for the next tier and are in the wind as fast as possible.

The rest who raid in LFR and use it for an end game tend to farm it every week, want to complete an armor set and know the mechanics, try and want everything to go as efficiently as possible and are not the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepra View Post
    Yes! Remove it. Cause the players who are not willing to put time and effort into the MMO game should NOT see the same content than the ones who are..
    Then adjust raiding accordingly. Give it a reduced budget and move all the conclusions to major story arcs out of raids and into 5-mans, scenarios, and world content. Design item sets for 5-mans and give dungeons and world content the lion's share of the development budget. There's your choice: keep getting raid development propped up by LFR, or go back to Firelands and Dragon Soul every tier while we get brand-new art a la Well of Eternity.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Blizzard would probably even lose a lot less subs if they'd remove Heroic (or Mythic with WoD) difficulties.

Does anyone here really think that they are that stupid, or is this thread just another occasion to vent about something some people don't like?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The people who want it removed want the game returned to an elitist paradise. These are the people who have not figured out that being elite (the best at something) is not the same as being an elitist (who believe they deserve special recognition and rewards based on a percieved superiority) and that being an elitist has never been used as a compliment. "Oh him? He's great, he's a real elitist.", said no one ever.
    Before I got into heroic mode raiding back years ago with 24 others, I used to sit in SW or Org and oogle at the gear others had, and that's what made me want to get better at my class and raid with an organized group. Being an "elitist" as you call it doesn't necessarily mean being a jerk, talking down to others, or not helping those who need education on their class. There's too much generalizing in the WoW community. Ya, I know.. welcome the internet, but still. I am a very nice, helpful, compassionate 25M heroic raider. I got there because way back when I oogled at the guys wearing those purples and wanted them so bad. I did not have LFR to queue for.. in fact there really wasn't a queue system at all at the end of BC. Now, I still raid with those same people.. we have a great time.. and it's just an amazingly rewarding hobby. Not everyone with a 576 ilvl (such as myself) is a jerk and an elitist. In fact.. quite honestly, most are not.

in some way I want it gone

- - - Updated - - -

but then its kinda handy for gearing alts and such

Why do so many people forget that it's going to be a gearing alternative to doing Heroic Dungeons in WoD? I'd rather have the option of not doing H Dungeons to get some gear, to be perfectly honest. I got really burned out on them in Cata, which is why I didn't do them much at all in MoP. Having LFR as an alternative means I can switch back and forth between the two for gear before I get ready to try and do Normal with my guild.

Also: If you don't do LFR, it existing does NOTHING to you, so stop asking for it's removal. And you people wonder why others think you are elitist jerks...

Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    Why do so many people forget that it's going to be a gearing alternative to doing Heroic Dungeons in WoD? I'd rather have the option of not doing H Dungeons to get some gear, to be perfectly honest. I got really burned out on them in Cata, which is why I didn't do them much at all in MoP. Having LFR as an alternative means I can switch back and forth between the two for gear before I get ready to try and do Normal with my guild.

Also: If you don't do LFR, it existing does NOTHING to you, so stop asking for it's removal. And you people wonder why others think you are elitist jerks...
    I disagree with those asking for it to be removed, but it does affect the entire community. When those who queue for LFR and get all purples and decent gear, it almost takes away their carrot on a stick, so to speak. If there is such easy accessibility to very decent gear, why put in the effort to improving your knowledge of your class, learning boss mechanics, being social and joining a guild? The myth that people need 20-30 hours a week to raid heroic modes is kind of 2009. It's just not necessary. Our 25M guild raids about 6-9 hours a week (depending on peoples lateness) and we're nearly 11/14 heroic mode, almost have Heroic Spoils down. If someone in Shrine sees my gear, but they have "beaten" LFR and have full purples.. it really gives him no reason to want to improve and play better and better the WoW community as a whole. The more better, knowledgeable players in the community, the better the game as a whole will be.