Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I tried it once a while back, but I will certainly consider giving it a second go. I wish you all the best as well.
    SWTOR related avatar
    "Location: Playing SW:TOR"
    Star Wars related Signature
    and a Necro'd flying thread

All before WoD beta even hits where they want people to try out their idea and give them feedback before they run off screaming and crying. If you ever call yourself a fan of WoW or Blizzard, you're lying. Sadly this is the mentality of every single one of the pro flyers. Just a bunch of loud over dramatic people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Why do I keep seeing this when the majority of players are on PVE servers? If this is as you say then what was said earlier applies: take flight OFF pvp servers and let the rest of us fly as we wish. People roll on PVE servers to get AWAY from that kind of idiocy, like the imbecile pvper yesterday that tried to gank NPC's at Halfhill, and was promptly put down HARD by the guards.

There were five of us there at the time (Horde) and we all cracked up. Serves the moron right.

Why should anything to do with pvp have any bearing on the 60% on PVE servers?
    I would even go a step further and say if they were really interested in testing how well this is going to work/be received, they should have relegated no-flight to PvP servers during this content lull to guide their decision when it counts. But they don't actually give a shit about feedback in this instance.
    Last edited by Callace; 2014-05-06 at 03:39 AM. Reason: clarification

All before WoD beta even hits where they want people to try out their idea and give them feedback before they run off screaming and crying. If you ever call yourself a fan of WoW or Blizzard, you're lying. Sadly this is the mentality of every single one of the pro flyers. Just a bunch of loud over dramatic people.
    ...if you say so....

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    SWTOR related avatar
    "Location: Playing SW:TOR"
    Star Wars related Signature

I'm a consumer. You can be a water-carrier if you like, but don't be surprised when the consumers mock you for defending a megacorporation like it's your gf.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    I'm a consumer. You can be a water-carrier if you like, but don't be surprised when the consumers mock you for defending a megacorporation like it's your gf.
    Heaven forbid some consumers actually like this change, but only because blizzard is making the change, not because they play the game and came to the same conclusion. Nope, you're either a free willed flyer or a mindless ground zombie.
    Your powers are useless on me you silly billy...

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    I've done my fair share of Blizzard hate. They are far from infallible. I still know good game decisions when I see them. Can you do anything other than incorrectly categorize people with differing opinions than you or no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Heaven forbid some consumers actually like this change, but only because blizzard is making the change, not because they play the game and came to the same conclusion. Nope, you're either a free willed flyer or a mindless ground zombie.
    There's a huge line between criticism and in-group bias. Usually, it can be spotted from miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    There's a huge line between criticism and in-group bias. Usually, it can be spotted from miles away.
    Oh please, there's in-group bias on both sides and don't even pretend pro flyers have any less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xada View Post
    Oh please, there's in-group bias on both sides and don't even pretend pro flyers have any less.
    I just hate it when people argue semantics. Which is worse: calling someone out, or someone calling someone out for calling someone out? It waters down the thread pretty quickly. I didn't start it and I won't finish it. I'm already sorry I responded to it. Let's clear the air for people to talk about the topic, and not people.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    I just hate it when people argue semantics. Which is worse: calling someone out, or someone calling someone out for calling someone out? It waters down the thread pretty quickly. I didn't start it and I won't finish it. I'm already sorry I responded to it. Let's clear the air for people to talk about the topic, and not people.
    Calling someone out for a bias is worse, it's what people do when they don't have critical thinking skills and can't come up with logical arguments to counter a person's ideologies and it starts the merry-go-round of irrational accusations.

Why do I keep seeing this when the majority of players are on PVE servers? If this is as you say then what was said earlier applies: take flight OFF pvp servers and let the rest of us fly as we wish. People roll on PVE servers to get AWAY from that kind of idiocy, like the imbecile pvper yesterday that tried to gank NPC's at Halfhill, and was promptly put down HARD by the guards.

There were five of us there at the time (Horde) and we all cracked up. Serves the moron right.

Removing flight isn't going to revitalize world pvp. Blizzard could create world pvp objectives with rewards and revamp their whole system so that players are encouraged to attack/defend world areas and that would have a significantly larger impact than flight removal.

Also, aerial combat would have been a great solution, too bad we didn't get that back in Wrath...

The argument that flying mounts take away from PvP are even thin. Flying mounts don't prevent me from using my flexweave underlay and ganking someone in the sky. You can still dot someone from the ground. You can still Deathgrip and cast Chains of Ice, etc. Also, if your buddies are being camped, etc. You can get to that location more quickly from the air. So, wouldn't that aid PvP? *shrug* Whatever. The fact of the matter is that once BGs were implemented wPvP died out. If Blizzard were shrewd, and not complacent, they would implement air combat.

DFA?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16rJbpNh_ro
    Last edited by Dolus; 2014-05-06 at 08:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    Necro is 90+ days in age according to the forum. 7 days does not a necro make. You should really base your statements on fact. As for being a fan of Blizzard, I was until they started removing features from an expansion I was really looking forward to. Doesn't matter now. All 3 accounts are permanently deleted and unsubbed and I am not about to purchase all of it again and start from scratch with zero achievements. I was a fan of them, they just weren't of me. So I did the anti-fliers a favor and left. I hope other profliers will stand up for their rights to fly in 6.1 and do the same.

Necro is 90+ days in age according to the forum. 7 days does not a necro make. You should really base your statements on fact. As for being a fan of Blizzard, I was until they started removing features from an expansion I was really looking forward to. Doesn't matter now. All 3 accounts are permanently deleted and unsubbed and I am not about to purchase all of it again and start from scratch with zero achievements. I was a fan of them, they just weren't of me. So I did the anti-fliers a favor and left. I hope other profliers will stand up for their rights to fly in 6.1 and do the same.
    Oh so you quit then? :< thats a lot of stuff down the drain. Any screenies yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Oh so you quit then? :< thats a lot of stuff down the drain. Any screenies yet?
    Still waiting for the email conf from Blizz. Already sent the email to have it all perm-delete. Really makes me glad I left. People are just happy to see others leave and then masochistically ask for screen shots.

Still waiting for the email conf from Blizz. Already sent the email to have it all perm-delete. Really makes me glad I left. People are just happy to see others leave and then masochistically ask for screen shots.
    I am not pleased. Just interested to see if you've gone through with it. I personally would not "delete" it as I know my will power is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Removing flight isn't going to revitalize world pvp. Blizzard could create world pvp objectives with rewards and revamp their whole system so that players are encouraged to attack/defend world areas and that would have a significantly larger impact than flight removal.

Also, aerial combat would have been a great solution, too bad we didn't get that back in Wrath...
    Removing flying won't revitalize it, but it will remove the impotency it placed on world pvp.

I agree with you that objective based world pvp would help to a degree. It's the spontaneous sighting/fighting that is mostly gone, and flying was a huge part of it going away.

Still waiting for the email conf from Blizz. Already sent the email to have it all perm-delete.
    such an emo move dude, just leave it unsubed.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

Probably because aerial combat is terrible, which is why they scrapped it.

PvP would happen at choke points, bottle necks and high traffic areas. What flight did was allow players to blow past a choke point, fly over a bottleneck and stay out of range at high traffic areas. They wouldn't land, because not only is it slower to stop an fight but they risk dying. Flying offered an escape from PvP at any time with no downside, which leaves PvP 2 players staring each other down to determine if they would win, otherwise they stay out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Probably because aerial combat is terrible, which is why they scrapped it.

PvP would happen at choke points, bottle necks and high traffic areas. What flight did was allow players to blow past a choke point, fly over a bottleneck and stay out of range at high traffic areas. They wouldn't land, because not only is it slower to stop an fight but they risk dying. Flying offered an escape from PvP at any time with no downside, which leaves PvP 2 players staring each other down to determine if they would win, otherwise they stay out of range.
    Then it's pretty clear that those people didn't want to PVP anyway and no amount of "force interaction" would have made them stay and PVP in any choke point or bottle neck.

Ganking, while still PVP is a little one sided and rather meaningless.

If gamers don't want to PVP, you can't really force them. Flying just allowed them to do what they wanted quicker and get past areas they already want to avoid.
    Last edited by quras; 2014-05-06 at 01:08 PM.