Is blood still the best solo spec?

Simple question, if not which is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    For what exactly?

Soloing old raids.
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

I don't have any issues at all on my ret paladin, and if a boss is proving troublesome prot does pretty decent too. Granted those are the raids before cata, can solo some of the cata stuff, except the bosses that have weird mechanics that require 2 or more people or whatever.

blood is by far the best solo spec in the game. that's not to say it's the only one, pallies warriors druids and others all have tools to solo even some cata content. however, if you youtube raegwyn you'll see the guy soloing MoP content. same with mione.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1k31zoaV-U

I clear bronze, silver, and attempt gold proving grounds! Tank mode of course. Warlock, tank mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    What change happend that you think blood isnt the best anymore? I saw none, so...
    I haven't played for a long time which is why I was asking and I read in one thread about people using frost for LK 25HC

A lot of specs can solo LK 25 HC.

Blood is best for cutting edge soloing though.

There happen to be quite some fights that prot pallies or monks can do while dks still have trouble. But yeah, blood rocks for almost everything
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

10+ Year Old Account
    I know blood has great sustain, but do they have enough dps to kill things with an enrage timer? H LK comes to mind

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps this should be merged into the existing solo thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomisno View Post
    There happen to be quite some fights that prot pallies or monks can do while dks still have trouble. But yeah, blood rocks for almost everything
    1 or 2 fights?

Whilst there are like 5 or more fights that only death knights (amongst the tanks at least) can solo: Spirit Kings, Feng, Jin'rokh (doable as Mione said ~), Tortos, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by seasawl0l View Post
    I know blood has great sustain, but do they have enough dps to kill things with an enrage timer? H LK comes to mind
    LK 25H's enrage is a loljoke with anything 510+.

And yes, with more gear, they can beat many enrage timers, and even kill things after enrage (Hagara/Zon'ozz 25, Feng, Spirit Kings, etc.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    Soloing old raids.
    That's not helping, what old raids do you want to solo?
    You can do almost everything till Cataclysm as Frost. From there on Blood is the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    Perhaps this should be merged into the existing solo thread?

LK 25H's enrage is a loljoke with anything 510+.

And yes, with more gear, they can beat many enrage timers, and even kill things after enrage (Hagara/Zon'ozz 25, Feng, Spirit Kings, etc.)
    Ty I never tried H LK on my dk tank but I will try it today

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    That's not helping, what old raids do you want to solo?
    You can do almost everything till Cataclysm as Frost. From there on Blood is the way to go.
    LK 25 HC, I want to farm invincible solo. But I've got my answer, thanks for the help. Mod can close this now.

I find Mistweaver to be very good at soloing things as well... You will certainly only die off of enrage, but with the proper gear, this doesn't become that big of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Khiyone View Post
    1 or 2 fights?

Whilst there are like 5 or more fights that only death knights (amongst the tanks at least) can solo: Spirit Kings, Feng, Jin'rokh (doable as Mione said ~), Tortos, etc.
    True, just wanted to mention it IIRC some warriors talked about Elegon being possible for them, too, so any tank seems pretty viable at soloing nowadays. Roll blood anyway!
    Nomi Solo - 70 DK soloing

Deleted
    Why's no one talking about warlocks? They can solo anything up Cata inculding (except a few 10hcs and most 25hcs). In MoP 8 bosses also. Dunno. Seems pretty decent.

Yes.

And they always will be as long as their self-healing scales unlike every other class.

Of course for certain fights they aren't the best because of mechanics, obvious example being say Dreamwalker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Blood can solo current heroics in decent gear with no issues. That being said yes, yes it is. It is probably the best all around solo spec in the game hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yes.

And they always will be as long as their self-healing scales unlike every other class.

Of course for certain fights they aren't the best because of mechanics, obvious example being say Dreamwalker.
    get 2 fast 1hander with low dmg, spam heart strike, heal her with blood worms... or just bug through the wall after bloodqueen and skip dreamwalker entirely haha
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..