Using my WoD lvl 90 boost on a rogue - advice please.

Hello.

I am going to use my WoD boost on a rogue, for the instant level 90 character. I wonder if anyone could advice me on what spec to pick, and also possibly point out some good websites for addons and things for rogues?

Also what is good professions to pick for a rather casual rogue player? I mainly PvP in battlegrounds, and roleplay. I was thinking Tailoring and Enchanting, Mining and Jewelcrafting or Engineering and Mining.

I think those are all good professions, but not sure which ones might be more viable for my needs, I love doing old content alone as well so.

Thanks for reading.

Pullip

Don't.

That's my half serious advice.

There haven't really been class-based professions for a long time. If you want a profession with impact for random BGs, engineering is always nice for the glider and nitro boosts. Otherwise any gather/production prof. Or if you want to tryhard two production profs for the dual bonus.

You picked the wrong class for soloing old content. I mean, rogues can do what any other class can do--Things from way back aren't going to be any challenge, but we're pretty mediocre compared to the self-healing and continuous survivability that a class like Hunter, DK, Warlock, etc can put out. Profession choice won't really help much in this regard. Except maybe, I don't know, Herbalism for the minor haste boost in a fight that needs super burst?

I love rogues and have played them since mid vanilla, but if you don't have one, you're much better off picking a druid or monk.
    They're hybrid, 3+ roles, monks aren't plagued by the out-of-date mechanics that rogues and ferals are, and really a lot of the flavor of the rogue class has been diluted or removed (stealth abilities given to mages, priests, hunters--sprint given to almost every class, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Pullip View Post
    I am going to use my WoD boost on a rogue, for the instant level 90 character. I wonder if anyone could advice me on what spec to pick, and also possibly point out some good websites for addons and things for rogues?
    Who knows how things will be in WoD, but currently Assassination is best until you get SoO gear.

Good sites are this one (Q&A, theorycrafting, "Fix my rogue", etc.), Elitist Jerks (theorycrafting, deep-dive mechanics, guides), and ShadowCraft (gear optimization).

Also what is good professions to pick for a rather casual rogue player? I mainly PvP in battlegrounds, and roleplay. I was thinking Tailoring and Enchanting, Mining and Jewelcrafting or Engineering and Mining.

I think those are all good professions, but not sure which ones might be more viable for my needs
    Professions will not matter performance-wise in WoD. I'd go Engi+Alch for the toys, 2h flasks, and crafted goggles+trinket. Alternatively, go Mining/Herb to make some easy cash.

Currently, Engineering and Blacksmithing are best with everything else close behind except Tailoring a little more behind and Mining/Herb being next to useless. If you just play causally, these profession bonuses literally don't matter at all, so you should just play whatever you want. Like I said, it won't matter at all come WoD anyways.

I love doing old content alone as well so.
    You're better off playing almost any other class. You're best off playing a Blood DK, Prot Pally, BrM, or Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Don't.

That's my half serious advice.
    I would say the same. While rogues are absolutely fine for serious raiding, we are sub par at literally everything else.

Play what you enjoy. As professions for WoD don't effect gameplay much, do what you like! (Tailoring/Eng Orc/Undead/NightElf or Bs/JC for Human is best for pvp)

Rogues are pretty tough atm as other classes have easier CC and more acessable damage, but we're still a fun class if you like the play style / have patience.