Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Wanna know how to stop ALL of this, and I mean ALL of this?????: STOP BUYING THEIR DAMN GOLD!!!

plain and simple...when they stop making money off of it, then the botting will stop..as long as the make money, the bots will never stop.

I find it funny how people blame Blizzard for the bots...it is NOT Blizzard, it is you, the consumer of the goods the botters are selling.

How about you all stop blaming blizzard for the bots and for doing nothing about them, and start blaming those of your friends who are contributing to them, becasue Blizzard will NEVER be able to stop them....ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Not like it's hard to come by outside of the farming spot. And BC greens? How many care about them? If the best place to farm becomes an outside area then bots will be camped by real players and the risk won't be worth it for them.
    people that like to farm for transmog.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

*Sigh* I used BC dungeons to make some gold here and there. It sucks they got nerfed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Same. This nerf is basically Blizzard taking the lazy way out, as they always have. All it would take is a few CS people to go around each server and just start banning the fuck out of these people. They are insanely easy to spot. But this is the same thing they did with chests in instances - in BC, botters were farming instances just to loot the chests, and sell everything they got. So instead of just outright banning the botters, they ruined the game for everyone.

Just like the...emberweave? That awesome AoE farming spot in Deepholm. It's like, Blizzard intentionally makes it hard for crafters, in a poor attempt to combat botters and gold farmers.
    They ban in waves because its more effective, and they need to be 100% sure its a bot. These CS people are also quite expensive. Those who bot, cost us more CS reps and that mean slower tickets, or less profit for Blizzard, or less content cause they had to spend a lot on CS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elyina View Post
    The primary thing here is that player 1 and 2 are not the same person. Blizzard's solution to player 1's problem was to screw over player 2, which isn't an acceptable solution. Legitimate players were screwed over by an anti-bot measure.
    I am sure legitimate players were also hurt by the previous gold nerf on instances like TK and BT. Blizzard does not care much about old content. They will tune the recent and that's it. You will find a lot of odd and unfair things in old content, sometimes in your advantage (try SV hunter in TBC raid if you want to see a new definition of AoE damage) and some unfair (WTF they removed ability X, or this example).

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I am sure legitimate players were also hurt by the previous gold nerf on instances like TK and BT. Blizzard does not care much about old content. They will tune the recent and that's it. You will find a lot of odd and unfair things in old content, sometimes in your advantage (try SV hunter in TBC raid if you want to see a new definition of AoE damage) and some unfair (WTF they removed ability X, or this example).
    This is all subjective. I have a better time with my DK than any other class because I'm allowed to never stop moving unless there is a boss reset issue. Once still, the Aoe is pretty easy and effective.

While I understand some classes have an easier time than others, removing half the point of going for everyone is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefroz View Post
    There is a game I used to play called Tibia, old mmo. They did similar shit, part of the economy was rune farming (using mana to make items used for healing and such) came in nerfed it with needing to hunt mobs to make runes occasionally and raised the level on all spells to absurd amounts. Then they added stamina (the more you kill mobs the lower it gets at 50% you get 50% less exp and at 0 you get no exp loot) it only regens offline at a 2 to 1 ration so 2 minutes offline - 1 minute of stamina (yes with their optional pay model this is seriously as bad as it sounds) to fight botters, all these did were to make botters use multiple accounts to meet their ends further escalating the problem.

These types of fixes only treat the symptom for short times, not the disease.
    Sadly Tibia devs arent know for listening the community.

I'd almost bet they have nerfed it after some websites which I wont mention the name of mentioned seeing 20-40 + 90 druids all farming the same places for hours on end.

Quote Originally Posted by arti110 View Post
    I'd almost bet they have nerfed it after some websites which I wont mention the name of mentioned seeing 20-40 + 90 druids all farming the same places for hours on end.
    I have to agree with this. It isn't like they pay any god damn attention to what actually goes on in the game. If people stopped using forums they'd most likely never shut down good farming spots or glitch locations.

Good thing I have about 1000 stacks leftover from killing ogres for one of the enchanting recipes back in the day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    This is all subjective. I have a better time with my DK than any other class because I'm allowed to never stop moving unless there is a boss reset issue. Once still, the Aoe is pretty easy and effective.

While I understand some classes have an easier time than others, removing half the point of going for everyone is dumb.
    Its not subjective, I am talking about raw numbers at level 70. Nothing beats a SV hunter's AoE at level 70. At level 60, I found Frost Mage very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Its not subjective, I am talking about raw numbers at level 70. Nothing beats a SV hunter's AoE at level 70. At level 60, I found Frost Mage very strong.
    I saw an Arms Warrior doing 4k dps at level 40, I've leveled up through dungeons a few times and the highest dps class at low level from around level 32 onwards is Arms Warrior, Hunters are very good yes, but I've seen more Arms Warriors doing strong dps at low levels in the 30-80 range than Survival hunters, and I've seen more Survival hunters playing in the 30-80 range than Warriors as a whole. Even Protection Warriors can compete with SV hunters on AOE down low.

It's definitely no conclusion that at level 70 the SV hunter is the best, as there are a few classes with ridiculous faceroll capable AOE.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I saw an Arms Warrior doing 4k dps at level 40, I've leveled up through dungeons a few times and the highest dps class at low level from around level 32 onwards is Arms Warrior, Hunters are very good yes, but I've seen more Arms Warriors doing strong dps at low levels in the 30-80 range than Survival hunters, and I've seen more Survival hunters playing in the 30-80 range than Warriors as a whole. Even Protection Warriors can compete with SV hunters on AOE down low.

It's definitely no conclusion that at level 70 the SV hunter is the best, as there are a few classes with ridiculous faceroll capable AOE.
    He's not talking about the 30-80 range, he's talking about the incredible and very specific combination of applying serpent sting with multi-shot while also frontloading serpent sting damage, which is first available at 70 and doesn't scale as well at higher levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was just posted ~3 hours ago in http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12675107860

Originally Posted by Watcher (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I've been following this thread all week – we wanted to provide information sooner, but we try to be discreet when it comes to measures taken to address exploits and game abuse. We applied a band-aid fix last week to scale down the drop-rate of Uncommon, Common, and Poor (green, white, and grey) items inside Burning Crusade raids and dungeons, proportional to group size – this is the same way gold works, and if you had a full 5-player party running a dungeon nothing would have changed, but if you were soloing a raid like Black Temple you would have seen a large reduction in vendorable items. Clearly that change, particularly undocumented, impacted innocent players. With today's maintenance, we've reverted that temporary fix and replaced it with an approach that should have zero impact on legitimate players.

That said, while we're very supportive of the activity of running legacy content, whether for transmog gear, crafting materials, trying to get that elusive second Warglaive, or just seeing places you never got to experience the first time around, we do need to keep an eye on the gold rewarded in the process. The core issue is that dungeons and raids yield much larger quantities of loot and materials, because they're designed to be split among 5, 10, or 25 players. But when you can go back and solo them later on, they can end up being disproportionately lucrative. We want them to still be rewarding and profitable (and clearly getting 3 grey drops from a full BT clear this past week was well short of that), but we may adjust the vendor-loot yield of legacy raids going forward into Warlords to keep the overall economy balanced. In any event, we'll provide much clearer documentation and advance notice if and when we do that.

Apologies for the radio silence regarding this change over the course of the past week.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

I knew something was fishy.

On sunday mornings when I wake up I always do Black Temple > Tempest Keep > Naxxramas > Ulduar on My main and my alt with the best ilvl. From the TBC raids I was getting SQUAT, at least they reverted it for now..

I find any other way of farming gold completely boring. Hope they don't ruin this entirely..

Let's hope they don't notice Nax.. I come out with like 10 stacks of cloth and 900g worth of vendored greens/epics/greys

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    This was just posted ~3 hours ago in [snip]

Originally Posted by Watcher
    I've been following this thread all week – we wanted to provide information sooner, but we try to be discreet when it comes to measures taken to address exploits and game abuse. We applied a band-aid fix last week to scale down the drop-rate of Uncommon, Common, and Poor (green, white, and grey) items inside Burning Crusade raids and dungeons, proportional to group size – this is the same way gold works, and if you had a full 5-player party running a dungeon nothing would have changed, but if you were soloing a raid like Black Temple you would have seen a large reduction in vendorable items. Clearly that change, particularly undocumented, impacted innocent players. With today's maintenance, we've reverted that temporary fix and replaced it with an approach that should have zero impact on legitimate players.

That said, while we're very supportive of the activity of running legacy content, whether for transmog gear, crafting materials, trying to get that elusive second Warglaive, or just seeing places you never got to experience the first time around, we do need to keep an eye on the gold rewarded in the process. The core issue is that dungeons and raids yield much larger quantities of loot and materials, because they're designed to be split among 5, 10, or 25 players. But when you can go back and solo them later on, they can end up being disproportionately lucrative. We want them to still be rewarding and profitable (and clearly getting 3 grey drops from a full BT clear this past week was well short of that), but we may adjust the vendor-loot yield of legacy raids going forward into Warlords to keep the overall economy balanced. In any event, we'll provide much clearer documentation and advance notice if and when we do that.

Apologies for the radio silence regarding this change over the course of the past week.
    Glad this was reverted. I farm passively for BC enchanting mats when I mogrun BT/SP (mongoose still sells well) and AH prices for dusts is horribly sporadic. I agree with boss coin being nerfed (though I do miss those lovely Mag payouts) but trash loot still feels rewarding - glad they're not punishing the masses, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    Yeah its been reported on a few twitch streams also, its to stop bots apparently.
    And that is so fucking retarded. Once more legit players are punished because of cheaters. Maybe i should just start botting..

Deleted
    Thats pretty random I was bored and noticed my T6 lock set was missing some bits so decided to go in and get them half way through BT I thought to myself "I've cleared half a raid and have barely gotten anything" now I know why

thing is ive never been one for solo farming in fact this was the first time I've ever solo'd either of them my timing is really bad

Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    This was just posted ~3 hours ago in http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12675107860

Originally Posted by Watcher (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

German CM Rynundu told us something completely different (see here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/forum/to...919?page=6#115 )

His statement is:
    - cloth drop rate converted back to normal
    - grey and greens drop rate maybe stay at fixed state
    - trash mobs will only spawn if the previous boss has been defeated (not sure what he means with that -> so skipping Hydross will cause no trash to spawn after him?)

15+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    we've reverted that temporary fix and replaced it with an approach that should have zero impact on legitimate players.
    Interesting. Wonder what they changed so bots won't farm the instances anymore, but allows legit players to do so.

Even if they go ahead and perma nerf trash drops, outdoor mobs still give a TON more gold and item drops than dungeons or raid and there's some epic places where there's more mobs than an instance has. Way more profitable, although questing players will rage if you're stealing all their kills.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2014-05-07 at 07:50 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    German CM Rynundu told us something completely different (see here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/forum/to...919?page=6#115 )

His statement is:
    - cloth drop rate converted back to normal
    - grey and greens drop rate maybe stay at fixed state
    - trash mobs will only spawn if the previous boss has been defeated (not sure what he means with that -> so skipping Hydross will cause no trash to spawn after him?)
    That's clearly not true. While I run Black Temple practically the only trash I kill is in the Shade of Akama's room (largely because you have to), and today not only did they drop the heaps of Netherweave they usually do, they also dropped me four green items and the usual smattering of trash and epic gems.