Poll: should LFR loot be Epic or Rare?

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    LFR is raiding-- it's very easy raiding, but it's still raiding. (And honestly I think healing LFR is harder than healing a good flex group, but I digress.) Raid gear is purple, therfore...

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Where were the words "no effort" placed in my post? LFR is there for people to see the content, yes, and be rewarded for it. If there were 0 rewards beyond just seeing the end of the quest no one would do it any more than people would quest to level up.
    So what you're saying is that the casuals and non-raiders really didn't care about not seeing the raids in vanilla and tbc? And since the introduction of LFR, they only wanted the rewards from it?

Interesting. Here I thought Blizzard was being generous by opening up their raids to more of the player base so they could see the content firsthand. I didn't realize the people only cared about being rewarded from it. That seems awfully... superficial?

I don't think normal or heroic raids would be very popular if they didn't drop gear either. All I care about is that LFR drops gear that will help me make the leap to flex raiding and so on.

10+ Year Old Account
    it really depends on the model of the expansion and the loot distribution methods.

i wouldn't change LFR now, but there can be changes made to tone it down to a more acceptable method and i believe they are doing so for WoD
    Hi

At this point I hardly see a reason to even have rare loot in the game aside for low level content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donair View Post
    So what you're saying is that the casuals and non-raiders really didn't care about not seeing the raids in vanilla and tbc? And since the introduction of LFR, they only wanted the rewards from it?
    There was a change during Cataclysm that kicked a lot of casuals to the kerb out of raiding. LFR fixed this by giving everyone the ability to see the raids.

And if you raid, you can get rewarded.

EDIT: Epic, because there's no point belittling LFR raiders any more than Blizzard are doing now anyway by removing Tier.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    There was a change during Cataclysm that kicked a lot of casuals to the kerb out of raiding. LFR fixed this by giving everyone the ability to see the raids.

EDIT: Epic, because there's no point belittling LFR raiders any more than Blizzard are doing now anyway by removing Tier.
    How on Earth is it belittling them? They've provided the content to them with a magical button that will automatically find a group for them and do all the logistical work and then hold their hand through every fight so they can see it all! That's not enough? Sounds rather entitled and childish to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

I doubt that it was the Cataclysm raids that got LFR into the game, considering that they were by far not the most inaccessible raids in an expansion. The main reason that Blizzard stated with the introduction of LFR was that everyone should see the content, not that everyone could get epiczz and gear by afking.

And Heroics and LFR should be blue gear. I always liked that Epics were saved for raids, it's a color to determine the rarity of an item after all.

Interesting. Here I thought Blizzard was being generous by opening up their raids to more of the player base so they could see the content firsthand. I didn't realize the people only cared about being rewarded from it. That seems awfully... superficial?
    This is a poor argument. If the goal was just "seeing content" people would do it once and never again. You don't keep customers that way.

At max level the only method of personal character progression, what you individually work for, is gear. This game literally revolves around gear.

If clearing content was all people cared about they would do a raid once and when they finished the last boss they would never run it again. But that doesn't happen. People farm raids for gear. Gear is the motivation for a majority of the content.

- - - Updated - - -

How on Earth is it belittling them? They've provided the content to them with a magical button that will automatically find a group for them and do all the logistical work and then hold their hand through every fight so they can see it all! That's not enough? Sounds rather entitled and childish to me.
    What does that even mean any more? People just toss around entitled as a general insult when they want to put zero effort into arguing their point. Anyone who wants something you don't is entitled now days.

How about making a real argument instead of attacking the people you disagree with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh jesus fucking christ people. I get that some of you are insecure, but if you don't do LFR what the fuck does it matter whether someone else gets purples or blues? You don't have to run it for tier or trinkets anymore, so how about this? Mind your own fucking business and quit trying to dictate the play environment for others. Let people in LFR get purples - it will make them happier and it doesn't affect you at all.

The bashing of LFR gear is simply so players can blame someone but themselves.
    They chose to run LFR for extra gear, but they aren't happy about it.
    So they throw a tantrum and lash out at other players, or at blizzard when nobody else was to blame.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    This is a poor argument. If the goal was just "seeing content" people would do it once and never again. You don't keep customers that way.

At max level the only method of personal character progression, what you individually work for, is gear. This game literally revolves around gear.

If clearing content was all people cared about they would do a raid once and when they finished the last boss they would never run it again. But that doesn't happen. People farm raids for gear. Gear is the motivation for a majority of the content.
    But why does the gear have to be better than heroic gear? Is there any reason for this?

The progression in MoP at the end was Timeless Isle > SoO, which no lfr player seemed to mind. Now it's -Something casul- > LFR or Heroics and it now sucks?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    shouldnt even drop loot, its designed for the experience not any loot
    Yeah, that'll do wonders for the queue times. Can't wait to see how many people join up for the good feelings and friendly faces!
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Where were the words "no effort" placed in my post? LFR is there for people to see the content, yes, and be rewarded for it. If there were 0 rewards beyond just seeing the end of the quest no one would do it any more than people would quest to level up.
    Agreed. There needs to be some level of reward for LFR for essentially the same reason quests, dungeons, rep grinds, or anything else rewards gear. In order for the gear to be meaningful, it needs to fall somewhere between heroic dungeons and flexible (soon to be normal) raids. The lack of set bonuses or specialized trinkets (LFR will still have trinkets, they just won't have a huge impact on your gameplay) is more to prevent more hardcore raiders from feeling the need to run LFR to become competitive.

If the goal was truly only to see the content, then there wouldn't even be a need for raid groups at all, you'd just run in with a bunch of NPC allies and the raid bosses would be no harder then your basic quest bosses. If you were to keep things as is, except eliminating the gear rewards, LFR would rapidly become virtually unplayable since no one would run it more then a handful of times, making the average LFR player even less geared and even less skilled.

As for the original question posed in the thread. I don't care one bit what color the LFR gear is. All that matters to me is that it's stronger then heroic dungeon loot and weaker then what will be normal raid loot.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    but if you don't do LFR what the fuck does it matter whether someone else gets purples or blues?
    It doesn't matter incredibly much but it'd be nice if the colour of the item had some kind of value, like in an actual RPG.

Don't care. Just don't make it viable enough that I feel pressured to farm LFR for a piece when I'm doing Heroic/Mythic.

What's superficial is to worry about what color the wording is on other players gear when it has no bearing on you at all.

OT: LFR is still raiding. Some may not agree where as to others it's all they care to do or all they have time for. Since it is a raid though, raids drop epics.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh stop. You're just trying to make everything I say sound so black and white.

People raid for a lot of motivations, and one of them is rewards. I have no doubt that if all rewards were removed from raiding, very very very few people would participate.

The colour really makes no difference.

This is just silly playerbase politics and some kind of strange pissing contest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    How on Earth is it belittling them?
    Same raid, easier mode, should be identical gear, just weaker. Everyone else has epics, don't see why LFR drops should be blue.

Maybe all raid drops should be blue unless they're from Mythic.
    They've provided the content to them with a magical button that will automatically find a group for them and do all the logistical work and then hold their hand through every fight so they can see it all!
    You don't get rewards for just creating groups in any other mode either.

EDIT: Also, as Darsithis correctly points out, LFR is Easy mode, not Tourist mode, and never will be so long as it requires players to perform to any degree.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2014-05-08 at 02:16 AM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1