Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    If he was using a bot, wouldn't he reflect it 100% of the time?

My guess is just has an addon that shows when your HoJ is up, and popped spell reflect everytime you got a little low. Your HoJ was probably easy to predict.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    How can you fake HoJ?
    Same way as you move in for a fake psychic scream, dis roar or bash. Just move in on the warrior as if
    you are about to throw it and hope he reads that as you are going to HoJ. Then wait for his reflect to end
    and proceed to throw HoJ.

Its not 100% fail safe but it should work at lower ratings atleast...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quitefrankly View Post
    If he was using a bot, wouldn't he reflect it 100% of the time?
    My guess is that SR was on cooldown for some, as sometimes some other teammates managed get past the GY as well and started throwing stuff at him.
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't underestimate how great players can be nowadays. My warrior friend reflected chastise regularly last season in 2s because he could predict them. You might have been really predictable and the warrior simply outplayed you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I'd say he probably wasn't cheating for a couple of reasons.

1.) Movement Patterns
    Because Hammer of Justice is vastly range limited (10/20 yards), it becomes extremely predictable when it's about to happen. If I ever see a Paladin start running towards me, 90% of the time it's because he wants to HoJ me (same as priests with PS). This makes it extremely easy to predict and use a cooldown for. If you find yourself suddenly turn around and start running at people to HoJ them, then you can expect it to get countered. Try not to use HoJ predictably.

2.) Addons
    There are addons that show CD's on enemy spells (I use Icicles for example, it shows enemy cooldowns above their name plates). If a Warrior see's HoJ is just about to come off CD whilst he's tunneling you, it would be pretty obvious for him to just pop Spell Reflect as he see's it come up. Try not to use HoJ religiously on CD.

3.) Other patterns.
    The only other obvious time to HoJ someone other than off CD, would be if you was about to die. He may be pre-emptively SR'ing in case you tried to HoJ him to prevent death. Whilst this is good play by the Warrior, you could Holy Shock/Holy Prism him to knock off the SR then HoJ him.

4.) Cheating
    Finally, there is the obvious. He may have just been cheating. Not much you can do about this, a lot of bots are able to counter spells in completely unrealistic times and so I can't really say there's any way to avoid it.

If you feel you did the above 3 points, then he was probably cheating/lucky.

That said, I doubt Blizzard would do anything about it.

I would look at how you HoJ people, track Spell Reflect more efficiently and work on knocking it off reliably.
    This, he was not cheating. With HoJ and thee cc they can be very predictable. You must have went close to him and used hoj every time so the warrior knew that when ever you went in close you stunned him so he just used spell reflect when you came close to him.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

it's easy to tell really. If he's reflecting like 1 second before you HoJ, then it's just good prediction and not cheating

if he's reflecting AS you HoJ and you get HoJed and it's consistent: it's most likely cheating.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bot. Warrior won't predict hoj while sitting on you. Sometimes he might get lucky but not every time.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    This, he was not cheating. With HoJ and thee cc they can be very predictable. You must have went close to him and used hoj every time so the warrior knew that when ever you went in close you stunned him so he just used spell reflect when you came close to him.
    You know warriors are melee right? There is no walking up to him when he's siting on you.

Usually when i 1vs1 a ret pally in a random bg, i pop spell reflect the second he approaches me because i know that my opponent will use HOJ or FOJ off the bat, a lot of noobs stun right off the bat.

If they aren't stupid, they will exorcism or holy prism or judgement and get rid of SR, otherwise that warrior is a mind reader, or knows how to identify a typical durp paladin.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2014-05-08 at 05:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    It's a bot. Warrior won't predict hoj while sitting on you. Sometimes he might get lucky but not every time.

You know warriors are melee right? There is no walking up to him when he's siting on you.
    He was sitting on pally? Huh.Pally must have just used his cds on cd then.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    it's easy to tell really. If he's reflecting like 1 second before you HoJ, then it's just good prediction and not cheating

if he's reflecting AS you HoJ and you get HoJed and it's consistent: it's most likely cheating.
    Agreed. This will decide whether it is cheating or not.

OP will deliver.

The key to being good in PvP is anticipating your opponents moves. It's how warriors reflect deepfreeze or HoJ or w/e. If you can't manage stuff like this... It's really not as insane as people make it out to be.

The warrior in question may have just been lucky. There really is no way to cheat something like this. It's like how I sometimes get this brain itch to cloak and end up dodging hammer or w/e with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    There really is no way to cheat something like this.
    Ummm ya there is.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    He was sitting on pally? Huh.Pally must have just used his cds on cd then.
    Reading is too hard.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The point is skilfully anticipating someone's actions results in you casting SR just BEFORE your opponent casts the ability you want to reflect. This is identifiable in the combat log timeline.

The cheating addon allows your char to cast reflect AFTER the spell has be cast due to travel time, server lag and the fact that it is off the gcd and can be programmed to only react on a specific spell (HoJ for instance), hence why if you read the OP he did not cast HoJ on cd and 100% of his HoJ were reflected within 0.01 secs on consecutive casts while attempting to juke with denounce.

This can be backed up with the combat log showing SR cast AFTER HoJ which is physically impossible, once maybe by fluke, not more than twice never mind the multiple times i happened to the OP.

Use the combat log, it does not lie, like most of the people in the thread attempting to claim that its not cheating when they blatantly know it is because they probably have the addon

Apologies to anyone that does not understand how the game/combat log works, but you now know why its cheating
    Last edited by villie; 2014-05-08 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    He beat you in PvP so you reported him for cheating, okay thats pathetic.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    He beat you in PvP because he was cheating, so you reported him for cheating, okay thats pathetic.
    Corrected that for you, if you had bothered to read the post properly.

Scuttle back off under your bridge.

if it was bot/hack it should have reflect 100% of your hoj, OP is butthurt because he lost x1 as healer.

Quote Originally Posted by robbymottec View Post
    if it was bot/hack it should have reflect 100% of your hoj, OP is butthurt because he lost x1 as healer.
    Actually, due to server lag and the short delay window for this, it still wouldn't be 100% effective. Cheater is butthurt because his cheat is being outed on the forums and now lying to try and keep it.

You have a delay window of less than a tenth of a second, when your latency can give you that much of a delay at times, you will miss that window at times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by robbymottec View Post
    Ehm. He didn't kill me. I was on the ledge near the horde GY, and his team buddies were all busy running back to the Alliance one to GY camp the crap out of us. It was him and me. When I got him to 30ish % HP he ran off.

I don't believe I mentioned being angry or butthurt anywhere, I was only trying to determine whether this was cheating or not, so I can decide in the future if I'm making a good call by reporting him or not, and poll your experience with cheaters.
    Warlock (SL main)

10+ Year Old Account
    I experienced this with death coil on my lock a few seasons ago. Just about every death coil without fail, nothing else. I'm certain it was an addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Actually, due to server lag and the short delay window for this, it still wouldn't be 100% effective. Cheater is butthurt because his cheat is being outed on the forums and now lying to try and keep it.

You have a delay window of less than a tenth of a second, when your latency can give you that much of a delay at times, you will miss that window at times.
    i bet you can't even tell the difference between bot and hack

technically speaking is impossible to counter hoj since its instant and have no travel time, also bot/hack reads memory on the client side

hoj 30sec CD

spell reflect 25sec CD and last 5 sec, any decent warrior should predict hoj, asphyxiate, nova/deep freeze