Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What uninspired looking skyboxes. /snore

Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    The relationship between the moon and the location of the zone does.
    I will give you one moon having a geosynchronous orbit, but two moons with the exact same orbit? That is stretching it.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaIsAMan View Post
    Wildstar's an amazing MMO, as the combat system is the most engaging I've ever experienced. If we were to compare difficulties in their respective genres, going from WoW to Wildstar is like going from Skyrim to Dark Souls, only it feels good and has many comical moments along the way. Nevertheless, players should NOT expect to find this game that fun and engaging until at least 10 (depending on your starting area). I didn't start dying often until 14 when I went to my second zone and found everything ranging between 15-17, and they could all two-hit me easily. Upon 15 you get your first adventure which is well and good, but the fun REALLY kicks in at 20 when you get your first dungeon and even quests have to be planned out if you have any hope of not dying to the same thing three to four times. With all that said:

Wildstar is not for the "this is too hard, give me my levels and gear" crowd. I would not ask much of the WoW audience to take part in the more difficult areas of the game. If you go in expecting to not die leveling up, you're in for a very bad time with this game. If you want engaging game-play and an entirely different experience starting at around 15-20 while maintaining the feeling of "I earned this through trial and error," this game is second to none. I'd highly suggest bringing a friend or four, since a lot of this game's nowhere near solo friendly.

Oh, yeah, and the housing's pretty goddamn amazing. It's like the Sims, only it's far more customizable and doesn't suck after an hour. It also has a gigantic place in the game if you're to maximize your raid's output or leveling experience.

Yeah, the game is really a different beast with a similar underlying feeling. It is nowhere near a clone of WoW ultimately.

I've already got it pre-purchased and ready to go. However I also have WoD pre-purchased. I am also playing FFXIV. How do I do it?

I don't. I just get bored with one and hop to the other for a while. Hence why it's nice to have choice rather than burn out.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

That starry sky with the shooting stars...wow

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettosmølf View Post
    Pretty damn boring imo, and the UI is beyond terrible. Played it with a group - none of us had any idea of what we were doing half the time.

Inb4 "omg you must be retarded". This is just our opinion, deal with it.

However - the combat was pretty good, I just can't imagine raid content being fun like that for long.
    So level 10

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    in the waiting room to get tickets. come on Blizzcon Tickets, I really want to go this year

- - - Updated - - -

motherfucking scalpers.

Guess I'm not going this year :|
    dont u worry half of those tickets will be tomorrow on e bay so nothing is lost ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Pathetic how Wildstar gets an announcement, and ESO... nope.

But hey, ESO is different than WoW and Wildstar and therefor it must suck, deserves no attention, and deserves to be insulted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sainur View Post

But hey, ESO is different than WoW and Wildstar and therefor it must suck, deserves no attention, and deserves to be insulted.
    ESO isn't looking good and never was really. It'll likely be a niche game well before the year is over.

And don't even act like Wildstar and WoW are the same because if you've played them both you'd know otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    dont u worry half of those tickets will be tomorrow on e bay so nothing is lost ^^
    I just buy the digital ticket. Pricey but not nearly as pricey as paying their ridiculous costs and then having to fend for airfare and hotel.

I've never been a fan of how they deal with these things.
    German science is the greatest in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by faithsin View Post
    Loving these skies. Wish we could fly in them!
    Yep, am I the only one who finds it weird that they made such beautiful skies, better than any of the past expansions, only for us not to be able to view them? We will be grounded from the start, if not indefinitely, and we won't have any of those views running on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    lol this comment.

I too can't believe that they're using the same moon in all the skies above the same continent. Like seriously, Luna is only seen from America, right? Asia has it's own moon... right?

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of that moon, i wonder if there's gonna be some lore or focus on it, it does have some pretty nice scars.(Kiljaedens demon moon base!)
    Nope, the sun doesn't revolve around the America... On the serious note, the moon looks the same from all locations on planet Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by ssjgohan4life View Post
    Yep, am I the only one who finds it weird that they made such beautiful skies, better than any of the past expansions, only for us not to be able to view them? We will be grounded from the start, if not indefinitely, and we won't have any of those views running on the ground.
    You have the exact same view of the skybox regardless of where you are relative to the ground. Flying doesn't change that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapheiros View Post
    This. Please can Blizzard get their act together and get the art department to start working on class balance. It's getting ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    It's like when you grunt when you hit the ball in tennis, the exhalation of air gives the shot more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    ESO isn't looking good and never was really. It'll likely be a niche game well before the year is over.

And don't even act like Wildstar and WoW are the same because if you've played them both you'd know otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

I just buy the digital ticket. Pricey but not nearly as pricey as paying their ridiculous costs and then having to fend for airfare and hotel.

I've never been a fan of how they deal with these things.
    I've been in the Wildstar beta for months but didn't play in in quite a while because I got bored of the standard quest system, even though its better than ESOs and there are tons of quests to do. The combat system is interesting but the spam of the same skill via keyboard (as if you would have to spam a button for auto attacks in wow) is a pain. Would be far better if you could bind it to the mouse buttons. (if they didn't already change it)

I played a few ESO beta weekends too and was bored from the very beginning, it's a slap into the the face of every Elder Scrolls fan and a mediocre game at best. The skill system is boring and the skills feel very week and/or gimmicky. Mages being forced to use staves like any other class using melee weapons or bows simply doesn't fell right.
    Also funny how mobs still seem to drop 1 gold each like in the beta and many bugs didn't get fixed even though they were apparent for months in the beta with beta testers constantly pointing them out. Of cause it didn't help that we got to test the same beta build for months on end...

PS: Dark Souls II is extremely overrated.

10+ Year Old Account

I can remember a time when people were banned for asking for other MMOs to be discussed. Accept that this site is largely in Blizzard's pocket man, and check out ESO sites for info. Just a fact of life.

Nice sky boxes, but I thought Draenor was only supposed to have one moon, the Pale Lady, in contrast with Azeroth's two moons.

Quote Originally Posted by Adaeus Lightrin View Post
    I think I know why the moons are all the same. Isn't it that the moons are at a Geosynchronous orbit, meaning that it stays exactly at one point in the sky traveling the same speed as the planet spins, above Shadowmoon, hence the eternal night? This would explain why the moons appear in exactly the same orbit around all of the skies.
    I guess that would make sense, but the sun would have to be in geosynchronous orbit as well on the opposite side of the planet. That's not how the universe works unless the planet had massive gravity that would dwarf that of a star. There should always be day/night cycles. If there's no star, there shouldn't be any life.

The skies are amazing.

Pity we will not be able to fly in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    The skies are amazing.

Are people this deluded? you cant fly in the "skies" of wow, they always look the same no matter how high you go from the ground, when have you ever flown through clouds etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Boy, it sure would be nice to FLY in those skies instead of just staring at them from the dirt and going "hmm, from up here...it looks the same all the time".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    The skies are amazing.

And we never have flown in them

Nice try trollbait

ESO is a dumpster fire that will be forgotten in six months rivalling TOR for the title of most overblown and overrated MMO of the century.