Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should a new color or level of gear be introduced?

Red Gear? It was in the Vanilla/TBC manuals in their box back at 2008 and unfortunately they never changed it. Anyways, I feel like its time to introduce a new level of gear in this game. It could do a lot of good in the carrot chase, making certain gear feel amazing (yall know about the heroic lich king 25 weapons), or possibly adding a new layer of insanity into this game with its gear.

The only problem would be the name. Insane? Almighty?

Rewarded from earning mats from heroic raids and made from professions? Who knows? Could be mats for legendaries? Who knows. Could be used to balance already inflated ilevels.

Why not 'Mystic'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaige View Post
    Why not 'Mystic'?
    Oh that shit would work!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Red Gear? It was in the Vanilla/TBC manuals in their box back at 2008 and unfortunately they never changed it. Anyways, I feel like its time to introduce a new level of gear in this game. It could do a lot of good in the carrot chase, making certain gear feel amazing (yall know about the heroic lich king 25 weapons), or possibly adding a new layer of insanity into this game with its gear.

The only problem would be the name. Insane? Almighty?

Rewarded from earning mats from heroic raids and made from professions? Who knows? Could be mats for legendaries? Who knows. Could be used to balance already inflated ilevels.
    Was thinking about a new type of items, and coincidentally i was also thinking of giving it the red color. As for the name, how about "Artifact"

It would be rewarded for completing mythic 20 man raiding and it would have a similar questline to Thunderfury, meaning you would need to get lucky or at least grind for one year in mythic difficulty, ontop of having to pay around 600.000 gold or more to have it crafted. Ideally you would only have a maximum of 5-6 items like this on any given server giving you the freedom to make them as powerful as possible without making them ridiculous.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

I don't really see the point. It wouldn't fix inflated ilvls, because it would actually inflate them more (by increasing power disparity, unless you meant just the ilvl #, which I think is irrelevant).

The whole point of the gray -> white -> green -> blue -> purple -> orange scheme is to denote a broad designation of how much effort you have to put in to get it. Greens = solo content, blues = dungeons & end of quest plotlines, purples = raids, orange = once or twice an expansion. So to justify a new color, you'd need to justify a new type/level of gear. More powerful items would just be legendaries (orange). And given the ilvl/power disparity that Mists introduced, I don't think more legendary level items is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    i support this, but for cynical reasons. there has always been an 'ooooh purplez' factor with gear, but this is being lost with free loot box island and whatnot. it's kinda like how the meaning of words changes over time. for example, 'colored people' used to be a progressive word, but is now racist. now 'people of color' is progressive, cuz inversed syntax changes something from racist to politically correct.

/rant? i dont even know anymore
    wut..?

10char
    Every thread is like entering an LFR with 5 stacks of determination. -Compstance

Nop. Pointless. Instead the colors should be removed to stop hundreds of braindead "epics arent epics qq" threads since the color serve no other ingame function except tell you what kind of materials they disenchant into.

Black is the new orange

Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    i support this, but for cynical reasons. there has always been an 'ooooh purplez' factor with gear...
    That hasn't existed in a very long time.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Gaige View Post
    Why not 'Mystic'?
    why not 'mythic' since that is going to be a new difficulty level come WoD.
    new color makes just as much sense as continuing to add green text in between the name/stats.

...but then i suppose there should be a color for LFR/flex/norm/heroic/mythic.
    Originally Posted by statlerthegreat
    I don't play a real world simulator. I play World of Warcraft. Where I am a Goblin, named after an explosive, that hurls balls of arcane "fuck you up" at internet dragons/ogres/whateverthehellmaloriakis.

Irrelevant; since Cata, quality hasn't mean anything as regards power levels, so it's nothing more than a color. Adding another one would change exactly nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a better idea. Just remove colour from gear. People make far to much of a big deal of something that is really irrelevant.
    Aye mate

They don't need a new color level for gear, they should just make the colors of they already have get some kind of use.

Right now it's greens and blues to level, and all purples at level cap with no exception.

Pointless.
    I like ponies and I really don't care what you have to say about that.

I'd want the first Red Artifact item to be atleast obtainable in-game, other than that it's all good.

We have enough colors.

Deleted
    Snow-White for gear for special snowflakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    I got a better idea. Just remove colour from gear. People make far to much of a big deal of something that is really irrelevant.
    ...something that is irrelevant? It just so happens 98% of the game revolves around that "irrelevant" something.

On topic: I don't think we need a new color. Demoting LFR gear from epics to rares is something that should work well. And lets you avoid having to make new heroics for every patch and focus on raids instead.
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!

That's actually a pretty good idea. People get worked up about the colour when it means nothing, the ilevel is what people look at these days, unless they're stupid.

Extra content? Not gonna happen. They barely hit the deadline with current content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, we shouldn't have more colors. We have so many in the game already, unless it is a special color just for quest items.

Poor, Common (White), Uncommon, Rare, Epic, Legendary, Heirloom

We don't need more, people just need to learn to see the actual differnece on equipment. Some colors has a multiple layer, Blues and Epics, these colors has a green text beneath to explain from where/what. Though is a heavy topic in another thread about sharing colors.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    My car is more expensive than yours, it should have a dedicated colour so you can see the difference ...

Y'all get pink, yo