Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    idk with levitate the belts weren't that bad on heroic, don't get me wrong I'm glad I'm never doing them again since the hunters/monks do them for us, but it was't too bad since the only movement you did was to keep in range of the weap.
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2014-05-10 at 07:32 PM.
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    idk with levitate the belts weren't that bad on heroic, don't get me wrong I'm glad I'm never doing them again since the hunters/monks do them for us, but it was too bad since the only movement you did was to keep in range of the weap.
    This. /tenchar

Greetings!

Ive a few total noob questions that havent been answered in the (by now quite outdated) guide.

1.) What glyphs would you guys suggest nowadays? Atm im running PW:S, FM and VE. Is the SW glyph worth it for increased dps or is it mostly a pvp thing?
    2.) Is Mind Spike actually useful or am i missing something? Afaik i dont exactly want to get rid of all my dots so whats the point of that spell?
    3.) I assume that im only supposed to cast DP with 3 orbs present? How does it interact with Solace when i use DP with less than 3 orbs... i mean, i do get more mind flay casts in. Does it increase or decrease dmg?

Thats about it. Sorry for my ignorance and thanks in advance for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Aranes View Post
    1.) What glyphs would you guys suggest nowadays? Atm im running PW:S, FM and VE. Is the SW glyph worth it for increased dps or is it mostly a pvp thing?
    Glyphs vary on a fight to fight basis depending on mechanics and strategy. I usually run Mind Spike, Mind Flay, Inner Fire, Inner Sanctum and Weakened Soul, swapping as each fight requires.

2.) Is Mind Spike actually useful or am i missing something? Afaik i dont exactly want to get rid of all my dots so whats the point of that spell?
    You're missing something. If an add MUST die ASAP (before your DoTs have the chance to roll for at least half their duration), you use Mind Spike. E.g. Unstable Sparks on spoils when tank/heals screw up or are retarded recount whores, Mind Controlled targets on Garrosh, Nazgrim's banners, etc.

3.) I assume that im only supposed to cast DP with 3 orbs present? How does it interact with Solace when i use DP with less than 3 orbs... i mean, i do get more mind flay casts in. Does it increase or decrease dmg?
    "Casting Mind Flay while your target is affected by your Devouring Plague causes your Mind Flay to deal 33% additional damage per orb consumed by Devouring Plague."

That's on the tooltip...

Hey man!
    Thanks for your answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    You're missing something. If an add MUST die ASAP (before your DoTs have the chance to roll for at least half their duration), you use Mind Spike. E.g. Unstable Sparks on spoils when tank/heals screw up or are retarded recount whores, Mind Controlled targets on Garrosh, Nazgrim's banners, etc.
    I knew i missed something. Makes perfect sense

"Casting Mind Flay while your target is affected by your Devouring Plague causes your Mind Flay to deal 33% additional damage per orb consumed by Devouring Plague."

That's on the tooltip...
    Yea,.. i guess i could've worded that one differently.

My thinking is as follows:
    1.) cast DP with 3 orbs:
    - pro: DP does 3x damage
    - con: takes alot longer to get to 3 orbs

2.) cast DP with 1 orb and the Solace and Insanity talent:
    - pro: DP is up more often which allows to cast more buffed Mind Flays aswell
    - con: less DP and Mind Flay damage

Now that i've typed that one out i suppose that it would be pretty equal, right?

This is my first priest so please excuse those brainfarts :P
    Last edited by Aranes; 2014-05-11 at 04:23 AM.

Hey man!
    Thanks for your answers

1.) cast DP with 3 orbs:

Now that i've typed that one out i suppose that it would be pretty equal, right?

It's almost always way more beneficial cast DP with 3 orbs.

Hey man!
    Thanks for your answers

1.) cast DP with 3 orbs:

What you described as a Pro on the 2nd example is actually the biggest Con of all :P and the reason we use DP with 3 orbs strictly. Since the dmg scaling on DP and MF is linear 3 casts of 1 orb DPs + MF will have the same dmg potential as 1 cast of 3 orb DP + MF. Meaning you're using way more GCDs that you could be doing sth else with ( Normal MF for instance or sth ) to end up having the same DMG output in the end of the day.

The only instance where using DP with 2 orbs is useful is if you start a fight with 0 orbs. You pop DP with 2orbs so you can have all your proccs affect DP + insanity since they've generally fallen off if you have to waith for a 3rd Mind Blast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    We're driving lemon VWs while everyone else is driving Cadillacs. Warlocks are riding in a limo.
    Zoulr of Hexagon
    formerly Zoulis of Uknown Entity

Well, thats why i asked
    Thanks a lot for the clarification!

hey guys, i just have a quick question.

whats the most effective way to off heal currently?
    i know most don't really have to do it at current gear levels, but I'm going to be playing shadow on my very under geared alt, in my guilds very undergeared alt run lol.

Vampiric Embrace, T90 (Divine Star is incredibly strong if the raid is stacked) and Prayer of Mending. Anything else would negatively affect your dps by a fair amount. If you really need it, there's always Flash/Binding Heal lol

10+ Year Old Account
    NEVER cast Symbiosis Tranq.

Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    NEVER cast Symbiosis Tranq.

Ever.
    Confession: I use it on Immerseus to heal people from the puddle pulse.

thanks guys lol, good to know its the 3 spells i assumed it to be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevkul View Post
    Confession: I use it on Immerseus to heal people from the puddle pulse.
    I am sure they are very grateful for the +10 hp you give them
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

+10 hp with the healing buff ofc.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    +10 hp with the healing buff ofc.
    Hey, I get at least four stacks of the buff too. So like +54 hp

Deleted
    I'm looking for some advice regarding shadow! I am an utterly terrible DPS player - doing it makes me panicky and stresses me out (and I barely scraped through Brawler's Guild to rank 8 on the fights where I needed to play shadow...) but since I am in a period of illness with a bit more time on my hands I thought I might try it again. That, and I've received quite a few nice pieces of gear that our DPS didn't need.

First off, thank you for the awesome guide regarding stats and priorities by the way. One thing I would really like though is UI suggestions! I've only ever really healed (aside from a brief moment of flirting with tanking a couple of expansions ago) and so my UI is very very healing centric. What sort of addons (aside from WeakAuras which I am aware I should be using) might be worth picking up for DPSing? This includes things such as better name plates and things to help me track DoTs over different adds. Preferably ones that are built such that even a novice shadow priest wouldn't be overwhelmed by them or mess things up.

Shadowed ui frame + mouseover macros, affdotspriest, these are the must addon. Then you can add tellmewhen / weakaura, halo pro, gnosis.

Weakauras, tidyplates, weakauras, shadowed unit frames, weakauras, gnosis, weakauras.

Did I mention weakauras?

Deleted
    Thanks! Given that out of them I had only heard of Weakaura, I think I have some more exploring to do!