Thread: World PvP Rant

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back Dishonorable Kills, obviously, with some penalty attached to it. Sure, some won't care, but some will, which will certainly help the problem.

Oh and.

Don't like PvP, don't play on a PvP server. Nowhere in the server description does it say that all PvP on a PvP server is consensual, balanced, fair, enjoyable, fun, friendly etc etc. Get used to it. People are dicks.

Illidan players complaining about being killed in world PvP is such a beautiful thing. Thank you, Blizzard, for cross realm technology.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread inspired me to loggon and gank people.

Blizzard really screwed things up with their cross-realm zones.

That and world PVP is stupid, skilless and boring.

PvP server is a PvP server.

You wanna level peacefully go to a PvE server.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HippopotamusMaximus View Post
    You need to level up in fear for your life and with hate in your heart for the opposing faction. If it's not nurtured into you at low levels, you will grow up to be weak, undisciplined and untrained in the fine points of surviving with your class. You will also grow thinking this is World of Peacecraft.

Be thankful that when you die, you can come back.

Do or die. That's all I think of your rant.
    Cherish your attitude towards others, because I'm not sure anyone else will.

---

@OP
    World PvP really can be improved with a simple move: split zones into 2 phases: underleveled+level appropriate, and overleveled.

I made a thread about it recently:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...iniscence-Mode
    and on the official forums:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10494461340#13
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

You have discovered the entire point of PvP servers: gank the opposing faction, avoid anyone that could actually challenge you, and delight in the misery and suffering of others. While leveling, you will suffer and be ganked repeatedly, and your reward will be to become exactly as bad as the people who pissed you off.

If you are not sadistic, arrogant, and cruel enough to enjoy that sort of gameplay, I would suggest you leave PvP servers alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sucks, but all you can do is pick an extreme and roll with it. I'd say come to the better side- leave the "world pvp" animals alone with one another and see how fast they start bitching and moaning about balance when they start getting stomped by bored rbg/arena players after the rest of the playerbase has dried out
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Once your 90 go around killing/camping gankers, most of them are shitty players venting their frustration toward their own shittiness. That's what I do.
    Last edited by diddle; 2014-05-11 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People ganking on pvp servers what else is new. I'm guessing your on some hugely imbalanced server and crz ruined your day.

Imo the big problem here are flying mounts and the stat inflation over all the expansions. It really isn't fun when someone can just drop out of the sky without warning and kill you with a Moonfire.

World PvP was a lot better in vanilla for this reason where only rogues could sneak up on you (but couldn't if you were mounted) and even a level 45-50 could beat a level 60 sometimes. Good luck making a level 75 beat a level 90. xD I feel for you, OP.

In the meantime, just sign up for dungeons like everybody else does. It's the only way through HFP at the moment.

That's why I like PvP servers. I've never played on anything other than a PvP server. It just feels more natural. I'm one of those people that if I'm in a low level area doing something real quick and I see a lowbie, I will kill them once- as is my right- and move on with my stuff. If I see them again I ignore them usually, unless they try starting something by calling someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Man what planet do you live on? Ganking is the norm, true PVP between like level characters is rare.
    I guess your milage may vary, I'm lvling a new character right now, been having a blast fighting other levelers, I went from 0-55 so far with a lot of same lvl fights, I only got "ganked" once, being oneshot by a ?? hunter in un'goro.

But for that one gank I must've had 20-30 fair fights, so I'm not complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    I think low level players, and Questgiver NPCs need protection from being killed by high level players REPEATEDLY.

The savege ruthless freedom on PvP Servers is neat overall when everyone and -thing is free game but they shouldn't be killable over and over again.

I mean the enjoyment of griefers who kill a lowbee for 5th time can't possibly outweigh´the unfun of said killed player that embodies if they have to wait´for several minutes to respawn and can do nothing about it.

Killing is good, but repeated killing isn't.
    Then the lowbie needs friends. Taking away one of the last reasons to make friends is not a good idea

10+ Year Old Account
    obviously the op didn't ask questions or do research on the server or battlegrp that server was with.... ask which zones are huge gank fests then do dungeons to not go there... quite simple.

I started wow on a pvp server(Daggerspine, US) got ganked alot,(but then again it was probably because I was playing BE paladin) and I hated the whole mana burn crap from priests. Second time lvling on a pvp server, human hunter on Darkspear, got ganked by a lvl 72 horde druid, in nagrand, then again in Dragonblight by a rogue and a druid... I didn't complain or start a pointless qq thread about it on a forum, sucked it up and moved on... got to 85 the realm changed that toon to a pve server to go to 90....

point is, pvp servers aren't going to be fair to lowbies, stay in dungeons to lvl or switch servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Ganking lowbies is the best part of WoW.
    This is why world pvp is dead.

People too caught up appeasing their egos camping lowbies scaring all the up and comers away off to pve realms.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

This is why I support automatic down-scaling when you visit an old zone and not just a dungeon. Imagine having good old fashion pvp in Stranglethorn again.
    I'm not too addicted to quit WoW, I've already done it dozens of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightstorm View Post
    This is why I support automatic down-scaling when you visit an old zone and not just a dungeon. Imagine having good old fashion pvp in Stranglethorn again.
    I don't know how possible it would be to implement, but I actually kind of like this idea.

To OP: Hellfire Peninsula is nothing more than a stupid meat grinder now. You will waste your time trying to level there on a PvP server. Just skip that zone or dungeon grind that level instead while you're going through Outland, and you will have a much better time.

Deleted
    You just happened to be on the bad end of the low iq-griefers that love to gank lowbies on their 90s.

This wouldnt be so much a problem if it wasnt for the CRZ system, best thing to do is group up with someone from a PvE-server or get a bodyguard.

This has been the case since Vanilla and its what you accept by playing a pvp realm, the excitement of facing off against people you bump into and the constant possibility of being one-shot by someone way above your level.