Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    just kite them, and hope you're doing TONS OF DMG, because they sure will.

Deleted
    any class with disarms can own dks, same as any class that can kite. if your talking about dueling blood dks then just keep away from to stop him using death strike. keep any class melee class away from you and kite and you win. I dunno what kind of dks you been dueling if you cant beat them, I get my ass kicked all the time. dks don't have as much strong CC as other classes, so we need high burst. we have shit mobility compared to other melee classes, so again we need high dmg. you can argue that we can attack from range but death coil is mega expensive, HB is not bad but its doesn't discriminate (hits close by cc'd targets too) The one decent CC we get we have to trade it for mobility or slows >.>
    Last edited by mmocc038b4e990; 2014-05-09 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermahgerd View Post
    You forget the part that DKs have a passive healing ability and that the armor increase does better A LOT versus melee. The 25% stamina increase also isn't something to underestimate.
    When using conversion in blood presence one has to further reduce death coil usage which further reduces blood taps as well. Armor is fine, but sadly is useless against many classes. Increases stamina is very weak when lacking actual damage mitigation.

Anyway, my point is just that blood presence is not "more OP" than defensive stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidou View Post
    any class with disarms can own dks, same as any class that can kite. if your talking about dueling blood dks then just keep away from to stop him using death strike. keep any class melee class away from you and kite and you win. I dunno what kind of dks you been dueling if you cant beat them, I get my ass kicked all the time. dks don't have as much strong CC as other classes, so we need high burst. we have shit mobility compared to other melee classes, so again we need high dmg. you can argue that we can attack from range but death coil is mega expensive, HB is not bad but its doesn't discriminate (hits close by cc'd targets too) The one decent CC we get we have to trade it for mobility or slows >.>
    The only class I feel that can actually kite a death knight is a hunter. Kiting isn't an issue for me against any other class as a DK.

The problem comes in arena when you sit in roots all the time and others peel when you grip someone.
    Last edited by Aryah; 2014-05-09 at 06:03 AM.

But even if you can kite a dk, he still kills you because his dots and ranged damage kills you before you can kill him.

hit it until it's dead. at that point you have winned. congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    But even if you can kite a dk, he still kills you because his dots and ranged damage kills you before you can kill him.
    DK dots -- While relatively powerful -- don't do enough damage to land kills if there is a healer (in 2s or 3s) or hybrid (in 2s). Even if there is not healer they're not powerful enough to break through a warrior's second wind or similar abilities (not complaining; just matter of fact).

Having said that I often land kills on ranged characters in arena after they have managed to get some distance, but that is usually because I have diseases, pet, gargoyle, necrotics and soul reaper on the target while the healer is cc'd. Having some up time on the target is absolutely essential though.

In a duel type situation the DK doesn't have enough up time on a hunter to win the duel. The DK will be able to put out some damage, no doubt, but the hunter will win because it is able to always be doing damage while the DK isn't.
    Last edited by Aryah; 2014-05-12 at 07:16 AM.

1vs1, you'll never beat a competent DK as any class.
    You continually make yourself look worse with every post you make.

WW monk completely and utterly destroys DK.

As well as any decent arms warrior or enhance shaman. And that's just melee specs.

What's with all these people saying that DKs destroy everything? DKs lose to plenty of stuff in 1v1, both in outdoor/BG skirmishes and in arena. The lack of CC and survivability (without going Blood Presence/Conversion, which outright kills damage output) is an absolute killer, especially because they don't have particularly stellar burst to make up for it. Gargoyle is great and they do pretty high damage outside of CDs, but not enough to break through the CDs of other classes, which is what a 1v1 situation relies upon. A big example is hunters; a DK can't stop Stampede and has no answer to double Deterrence.

If you're talking about Blood spec in particular, then you should stop to consider that Blood has absolutely no damage output and is only good for cheesing 1v1 melee (which would lose you any arena or BG where healers are involved, and is almost entirely a duel gimmick) and flag carrying.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2014-05-12 at 09:24 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post

^Not true.

As well as any decent arms warrior or enhance shaman. And that's just melee specs.
    ^Arms yes. Shaman no.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarius View Post
    ^Arms yes. Shaman no.
    It's been a while since I've actually 1v1'd an enhance shaman on my DK, but I do remember spirit wolves tearing me a new one much faster than I could keep up with.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2014-05-12 at 09:37 AM.

Lol u know what makes me laugh that no one pays attention that for some reason Unholy dks and Arms warriors seem to have about 25-32% parry.. like what the hell? thats tank status parry along with blood pres giving unholy dks almost 700k health so unholy is the new blood?.. ive never seen parry that high in pvp

Deleted

that's debatable. I've destroyed as much as been destroyed by squishy Windwalkers on my dk. Knowing how to deal with karma is key.

WW monk vs. DK (either frost or unholy) is about as much of a hard counter as you can get in this game. That contest should never really even be close.

No, you make yourself look worse by just commenting on random things without giving any logical reasoning behind it.

I have a WW monk, and I don't see how it's possible for me to kill a DK. He has 3 ways to get out of stuns, can just conversion and spam chains of ice when karma is up and necrotic takes care of my self healing and parries 20% of anything I do. The only thing I can do that sticks is disarm and we all know DKs don't exactly rely on their weapon for damage (Unholy that is).

I even dispel diseases on cd but it's still too much damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    WW monk vs. DK (either frost or unholy) is about as much of a hard counter as you can get in this game. That contest should never really even be close.
    seen a few people say this but nobody explains why.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eats Compost View Post
    It's been a while since I've actually 1v1'd an enhance shaman on my DK, but I do remember spirit wolves tearing me a new one much faster than I could keep up with.
    spirit wolves do like 500 damage per hit.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    seen a few people say this but nobody explains why.
    The glyph that monks get from dispell, also heals for 5% of their HP.
    can litterly kite DKs with freedoms, rolls, kick , teleport.

while monks stun can be countered with IB, DG, trink. the disarms and saps pretty much manatory to sit as a dk.

also. ToK is devastating vs dk (withgout ams)

in a nutshell, more healing, more mobilty and more on demand burst, in general makes monks > dks in a 1v1 situation.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitshoot View Post
    The glyph that monks get from dispell, also heals for 5% of their HP.
    can litterly kite DKs with freedoms, rolls, kick , teleport.

while monks stun can be countered with IB, DG, trink. the disarms and saps pretty much manatory to sit as a dk.

also. ToK is devastating vs dk (withgout ams)

in a nutshell, more healing, more mobilty and more on demand burst, in general makes monks > dks in a 1v1 situation.
    yeah nobody uses that glyph in competitive arena so I would have to be duelling a DK for which none of this discussion matters since duelling is a joke.

If I kite I will get less hp back from my heals compared to his conversion so he will just be at a much more advantageous position if I disengage.

When would a DK ever AMS apart from ToK? When I pop cds and crackling jade lightning him >.>?

WW monk will generally destroy a DK, indeed, assuming equal skill level.

But, OP, that doesn't answer your question. What spec are you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    WW monk will generally destroy a DK, indeed, assuming equal skill level.

But, OP, that doesn't answer your question. What spec are you playing?
    again: why? I don't see how a WW can win 1vs1 against a DK

again: why? I don't see how a WW can win 1vs1 against a DK
    I played both. I dueled on both. WW beats unholy (not even talking about frost). /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I played both. I dueled on both. WW beats unholy (not even talking about frost). /shrug
    i played both I dueled both, unholy beats WW

see how empty this statement is and how useless it is?