Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There goes PvP gear in world PvP, right down the crapper again. Flex, instead of being slightly inferior, will be on par. Normal PvE gear will be superior, and heroic geared players could probs take on 2-3 prideful glads like a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

This is enough extra grind to pretty much make me want to unsub when the patch releases.

It's not new content, it's just more busywork to feel like I need to keep up with on all my alts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragonfu View Post
    I hope they remove ahead of the curve and cutting edge, I say this as 13/14H, the whole point of those feats of strengths was to show you killed the same boss as the hardcore raiders. It will feel crap to get cutting edge pop up now if I kill Garrosh after.
    i dunno, personally being on 13/14 hc aswell I do welcome the change, not because I don't think i'll get garrosh down ( i do believe the team I am can and will without these changes) but i've seen and had the issue of people leaving with the prospect of SoO going on so long so we've had massive roster issues (6 tanks in 5 weeks bad). I don't value being a special snowflake that highly though so I would prefer as many people who do try every week but do get roster issues and player issues because of crap release timings from blizzard. If WoD was coming out soon my guilds roster would be up 2 officers and a couple of people.

Obviously this is just my opinion, I personally think if you wanted to be that special guy who got the cutting edge before the nerfs you make sure you kill it before not blame blizzard for changing it before you're ready. I don't really mind if they take it out or not.

I hope they remove ahead of the curve and cutting edge, I say this as 13/14H, the whole point of those feats of strengths was to show you killed the same boss as the hardcore raiders. It will feel crap to get cutting edge pop up now if I kill Garrosh after.
    I actually agree with this. The extra 8 item levels is easily equal to at least an 8% nerf to the instance as a whole. Fights like Garrosh are tough because of their tight enrage timers, allowing people to overgear it makes the only difficult parts of the fight not difficult anymore. Honestly my guild has an easier time on Heroic Garrosh than we do on Paragons because Garrosh is just a DPS check wrapped up in a purple suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I'm already having trouble upgrading all my gear. Now they want me to do it TWICE? What a time sink...
    How do you have trouble upgrading your gear? I can't remember a time since Throne of Thunder was released that I got an upgrade and didn't have the valor to get an upgrade. Besides they're adding a cheap instant 100 valor coin.

Quote Originally Posted by frymastermeat View Post
    If you killed Heroic Garrosh tomorrow you'd still be doing it with leagues better gear and preparation than thousands of other better guilds.
    1) Only 900+ guilds have killed Garrosh, so that's a little dramatic.
    2) There is a sharp difference between having BiS when facing Garrosh (which everyone after the West Top 100 or so did) and having gear that is 8 ilvls higher than the first 900+ guilds did. So yes, the achievement should be taken away because, especially with Garrosh, the fight isn't even close to the same when you can overgear it.

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    This is enough extra grind to pretty much make me want to unsub when the patch releases.

It's not new content, it's just more busywork to feel like I need to keep up with on all my alts.
    You feel like you have to upgrade all of your alt's gear? My Monk is sitting in part Heroic gear, part Normal mode gear and has maybe two pieces upgraded. And yes, I play her regularly and even PUG on her. Upgrading is strictly a choice of how much time you want to spend grinding for VP and how much time you want to play the game. You don't need to upgrade every piece of gear to "keep up" on your alts.
    Last edited by IxilaFA; 2014-05-14 at 01:02 AM.

To keep PuGing them, you do.

iLevel requirements usually rise pretty much along with the average gear level. When the average gear level easily rises by 8, if I don't keep them at least moderately upgraded, it's harder and harder to find PuGs on them.

It's a completely pointless grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    What's the point of not upgrading Garrosh heirlooms? People that threw away their SoO weapons after they got an heirloom will regret it a lot.
    Upgrades are being removed in 6.0, so there's no reason to upgrade them.

You don't need to upgrade every piece of gear to "keep up" on your alts.
    Some of us use our alts raid in hc. So yes, we need to maximise our alts.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Upgrades are being removed in 6.0, so there's no reason to upgrade them.
    And for all of those people using a loom as a primary weapon now?

Previously, looms were BiS for some classes/specs.

Everyone else will get to upgrade their weapon by 8 ilevels when 5.4.8 releases, except someone using a loom. They'll have to wait for an upgrade to drop, and then upgrade it.

It doesn't really seem to make any sense to suddenly alter the balance of weapons within a raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Some of us use our alts raid in hc. So yes, we need to maximise our alts.
    If you do, you're probably in one of the top guilds and that's your choice to be there. Top guilds require a lot of things from their raiders that I wouldn't do.

Wait, so looms won't fall under this?

So suddenly my Flex/Normal Loom is worse than any other Flex/Normal weapon?
    If you are a hunter then the garrosh bow isn't BIS anyway , Klaxxi one is . Not sure for any other classes

You either take it for what it is or get another weapon like anyone else.

Hardcore raiders killed it 7-8 months ago with 560 - 565 ilvl

Your achievement is already basically worthless. No reason for them to remove it now more than before this change

So you support the "suck it up" approach, I see.

Previously, looms were BiS for some classes/specs.

Everyone else will get to upgrade their weapon by 8 ilevels when 5.4.8 releases, except someone using a loom. They'll have to wait for an upgrade to drop, and then upgrade it.

It doesn't really seem to make any sense to suddenly alter the balance of weapons within a raid tier.
    Its may 14th.

Stuff is dead.

Who cares if you have to get an upgrade? People are running alts in greens through SoO atm, i'm sure you can be 'boosted' to your new weapon

/rolleyes

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    um, so does this mean I should actually have capped my valor tonight to upgrade my full bis 581 priest? :S

So you support the "suck it up" approach, I see.
    Yes. Of course.

You're complaining that you're going to be able to get an upgrade.

Could you complain about anything more stupid?

This isn't an all around upgrade though, it's a relative nerf.

It's like if they upgraded some of the weapons and not others, it makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaand, done.

Thanks everyone for your feedback, we will be bumping up the ilvl of all Garrosh Heirlooms by +8 in 5.4.8, since they are not upgradeable with Valor. The intent of the 5.4.8 VP upgrade change is to let people continue to progress, and we don’t want those who are using one of the Garrosh BoA weapons as their primary weapon to feel like they need to go get a brand new weapon due to this change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Hardcore raiders killed it 7-8 months ago with 560 - 565 ilvl
    Quite an exaggeration, no? Both method and paragon had 566.6 item level on their first kills. And it took the best raiders in the world 600 pulls in the case of paragon. If the best raiders in the world can barely kill it with 566 item level I would consider the encounter a little overtuned.

Of course it has been nerfed by now. But the difficulty of the last three bosses is quite extreme to anyone outside of the top 100 or so.

Free 90s + nerf legendary quest + nerf SOO (via item upgrades) are going to keep people subbed to playing the same stuff over and over.

Heirlooms will be upgraded automatically since they can't be upgraded right now. Though this just seems more of a grind to get a nerf then an actual nerf.