Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

[SUGGESTION] Sha of Greed - 5.4.9

Hi there! I'm simply presenting an idea so please try not to flame and bash me too hard.

Since we have no idea when WoD is coming out --and beta is STILL unknown-- I think we need to have something added to help keep interest in the game. Personally, I like that we'll be able to upgrade our gear in the next patch, but I think we need more. Just something else. Why not a world boss? I know we aren't getting a "Ruby Sanctum" type raid, as they would rather spend the time to develop WoD, but would adding a world boss really require that much from them?

Here's why I say this:
    First of all, just give us a Sha. They already have the huge models for them, so there's that. We don't need new gear or items. So you don't even have to create new gear for this boss. Just copy and paste him and put him somewhere in the world.

BUT THEN, WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS BOSS?!?!

Let's face it. It's the end of the expansion and we need some things to do. Since this is the "Sha of Greed" when he is defeated, he drops some valor (because he should) but you also get a cache. That cache will always have "x" amount of gold (A low drop rate of a really high amount of gold would be ideal, since "the greed" thing), and then 4-6 other items. Almost everything from MoP should be able to drop from that cache. Mounts and pets from world drops and other bosses including dinosaur eggs and dinosaur bones. No, I don't believe the white raptor should drop unless he has a very low drop rate. (Although, this idea I have ALL the world boss pets and mounts should have a very low drop rate). It would also have a ton of filler items such as gems, mats (enchanting, herbs, stone, etc), random MoP vanity items, etc etc ETC. Pandaren Phoenix mounts as well as challenge mode transmog gear should NOT drop from this cache. Basically, anything that is considered a world drop should drop from this cache. The point is to be able to have "another chance" at getting these items.

But wait, I have like 6 billion lesser elder charm things!!

So let's be able to use them now. How about when we defeat this Sha of Greed, we can use 500 of those coins to get another cache? Note: You would only be able to loot this boss once per week per toon and only buy 1 additional cache per week, per toon.

That's pretty much all I have. Sorry if it's not detailed that much but I think you all have the idea of what I'm going for.
    Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by hotmess; 2014-05-14 at 08:21 PM.

No. 6 Heads, 6 Sha. There's absolutely no reason to see "Sha of Greed", change it's name and appearance and maybe I'll like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    No. 6 Heads, 6 Sha. There's absolutely no reason to see "Sha of Greed", change it's name and appearance and maybe I'll like it.
    There were 7 heads? Besides theres more than 6 sha.

I think OPs idea is good.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can understand where you are coming from. The reason I went with "Sha of Greed" is for 2 reasons. It'll be an easy copy and paste for them to give us new content, and the greed aspect allows us to be greedy and try and obtain pets and mounts another way. I wouldn't mind what we defeated. I just think "a world boss that gives us a cache that has everything in Pandaria" would be kind of ideal at this point.

The direction blizzard is going, they would probably add sha of greed into the store for 20 bucks, and it would drop anything in mists

Quote Originally Posted by Indless View Post
    The direction blizzard is going, they would probably add sha of greed into the store for 20 bucks, and it would drop anything in mists
    That's a great idea!

"Dropping a Sha of Greed in front of AH! Get your loot bag!"
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

Deleted
    I give you that you clarified yourself on the first line BUT I wouldn't even have considered click on this topic if you had put an [idead] tag in your title...

So yeah not interested but all the fun to you guys.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    7... 7 heads 7 sha...

Still it would make absolutely no sense lore-wise. Though any content between now and WoD would be nice... It isn't a bad idea.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Deleted
    Sha of Loot

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Markred View Post
    Sha of Loot
    Which would be the ultimate RNG slap across the face getting 2 caches a week and only getting a bag of some gold, gems, herbs, and bop greens..lol
    But at least it would give something else to do, IMO, with the possibility of getting something neat out of it. Just IMO, of course.

I would defeat this Sha of Greed weekly till WoD launch.

Deleted
    Why can't people just put "Suggestion" in the title?

Deleted
    Sha of Halion would be cool

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    Why can't people just put "Suggestion" in the title?
    Sorry, I'm new here. I didn't realize it would be such a bad thing for you to read someone's idea. My apologies for apparently wasting your time.
    EDIT: I just changed it so people don't become butthurt. Didn't think it would be a huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    This will cause WoD to be pushed back by 3 months so no, terrible idea.
    How so? Yeah, this would delay a whole expansion by 3 months based entirely off of nothing. I guess since they allowed us to upgrade our items an additional 2 more times, it looks like WoD won't come out until Feb 2015 based on that.

It would sort of undermine the ending of SoO which was supposed to show the death of the Sha and removal of the Sha's and Y'shaarj's influence. Giving hope for the future of Pandaria to move on cleansed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    It would sort of undermine the ending of SoO which was supposed to show the death of the Sha and removal of the Sha's and Y'shaarj's influence. Giving hope for the future of Pandaria to move on cleansed.
    I understand that. This was just simply an idea. What about the loot concept, but with just.. some random monster? Perhaps a new world boss on the isle of giants? It doesn't have to be a Sha. I just figured the boss' name along with the loot idea would go together to make sense. I also used the Sha concept simply because it could be an easy copy and paste for them to put together a world raid boss quickly. Any Pandaria model would work in this situation.

If it was the same concept I listed, but was with a different boss name, would you be interested?

Quote Originally Posted by hotmess View Post
    I understand that. This was just simply an idea. What about the loot concept, but with just.. some random monster? Perhaps a new world boss on the isle of giants? It doesn't have to be a Sha. I just figured the boss' name along with the loot idea would go together to make sense. I also used the Sha concept simply because it could be an easy copy and paste for them to put together a world raid boss quickly. Any Pandaria model would work in this situation.

If it was the same concept I listed, but was with a different boss name, would you be interested?
    I'd rather they just spent the time on WoD to be honest, and judging by the latest tweets, it seems like they agree.

I've already unsubbed until WoD, and a world boss won't cause me to re-sub for a month or 2. Rather WoD just came out slightly quicker.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    I'd rather they just spent the time on WoD to be honest, and judging by the latest tweets, it seems like they agree.

I've already unsubbed until WoD, and a world boss won't cause me to re-sub for a month or 2. Rather WoD just came out slightly quicker.

I absolutely agree with you. I just figured, since we are already going to wait for what seems like FOREVER, this wouldn't seem like it would take a lot of time to put together.. so why not? If it wasn't a very time consuming process on their end, then I would very much like something like this. But, if it would take away a decent chunk of time from WoD, then of course I would not want this. I know this wouldn't make everyone re-sub, (but maybe some) but perhaps it would lead to more people NOT un-subbing until WoD comes out. Just food for thought.
    Thanks for your input

Deleted
    The possibility for the LFR bags to drop like....500g-1000g like 1% chance would keep me going xD ( Maybe normal/ heroic bosses to drop X amount of gold aswell )

Deleted
    I like this idea and i thought of something kinda like this back when cata was coming, when Wotlk came we had a kara boss that dropped a pet and the arcanite ripper. we also had the pre wotlk events that dropped cool stuff. The newer events have seemed to be a tad lackluster.

Basicly reuse some old model for a boss, hell you might aswell reuse the mechanics of some old boss the point is the boss being a loot pinata for stuff that never made it to live and/or for things that became to rare and just some general fun stuff.

Yu'lon mount model never made it, (heavenly jade cloud sperent). Throw in some chances of some old world boss mounts since they are so increidbly rare they are unheard of. Throw in a pet a 28 slot bag and some general things like the LFR heirloom weapons and stuff.

Shouldn't take any real development time if they use an already finished model and an already finished boss abilities, just buff them up.
    Loot should be mainly stuff that are already in the game files but has no way of being obtained.

Thought of this back in wotlk when the green drake never made it to live, still hasn't to this date. Lots of cool stuff simply never made it, after each expansion a limited time boss that acts as a loot pinata for theese items can be fun, rewarding and serve as an distributor of items like this.