Putin puts troops in western Russia on alert in drill 1.1

So since i`m probably not the only one that likes this topic, that got closed because the dino didn`t like off-topic talk, keep the thread on topic this time

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...n-regions-osce

The Ukrainian government has agreed to launch discussions on giving more powers to the regions under a peace plan brokered by the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) – a roadmap backed by Moscow but regarded with scepticism by Kiev.

Ukraine's prime minister, Arseniy Yatsenyuk, is to chair the first in a series of meetings that will include national MPs, government figures and regional officials in line with proposals drafted by the OSCE – a transatlantic security and rights group that includes Russia and the US.
    Also this is Gold
    The self-proclaimed Donetsk republic took its first tentative steps on the international stage on Tuesday, imposing sanctions on three individuals – the US president, Barack Obama, the German chancellor, Angela Merkel and the EU foreign affairs chief, Catherine Ashton – who are banned from entering the territory as well as flying over it. The reason given is that they support the Kiev government's operation's against armed separatists in the east of the country.
    Link to the Original Post: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...drill/page1005
    Last edited by Vivapin8; 2014-05-15 at 05:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    10 days to V-day.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

This topic is shitty. Same nicknames same words. 1000 pages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmokri View Post
    This topic is shitty. Same nicknames same words. 1000 pages.
    Perhaps the new topic should have been, "Putin Announces Pullback From Ukraine Border"? Or perhaps, "US deploys mercenaries to Eastern Ukraine?" (I haven't seen any direct evidence for either claim, either way.)
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Yup, until good old putin moves his troops back, the topic must remain open.

Donetsk self-defense forces give Kiev troops 24 hours to withdraw

So, if the troops don't withdraw and these guy go through with their promises, it's war.
    Ukrainian forces have been building block posts on the northern border of the Lugansk region to "stop terrorists from getting into the Kharkiv region".

Noam Chomsky: Red Lines in Ukraine

OT: If Tziva decides to watch this thread too, it probably won't last a day. After all, the previous thread was mostly two sides bashing each other in all ways imaginable.

P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivapin8 View Post
    Also this is Gold

The self-proclaimed Donetsk republic took its first tentative steps on the international stage on Tuesday, imposing sanctions on three individuals – the US president, Barack Obama, the German chancellor, Angela Merkel and the EU foreign affairs chief, Catherine Ashton – who are banned from entering the territory as well as flying over it. The reason given is that they support the Kiev government's operation's against armed separatists in the east of the country.
    I believe they've denied this. Don't remember where I read it, can't provide a link. Not that it matters either way, if it's true or not.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2014-05-15 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    OT: If Tziva decides to watch this thread too, it probably won't last a day. After all, the previous thread was mostly two sides bashing each other in all ways imaginable.
    If Tziva will keep skro out of this thread, this thread can be quite calm, because he is the most toxic poster in this forum.

I don't like this "sanction" from Russia, i think it will hurt us more than USA. We kinda, need all the production we can get.

Also, UN helicopters were spotted in Ukraine (in Donetsk). Wonder if it's not a fake video and was actually filmed in Donetsk

More Blackwater mercs. It's kinda weird to see UN helicopter in Donetsk, and the Blackwater marcs in said Donetsk next day

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Perhaps the new topic should have been, "Putin Announces Pullback From Ukraine Border"? Or perhaps, "US deploys mercenaries to Eastern Ukraine?" (I haven't seen any direct evidence for either claim, either way.)
    About pulling back military forces, USA provided satellite pictures of some locations where Russia still has helicopters and armour. I don't want to believe it, but pics don't look like a fake. But with my geographic knowledge, i can't tell was this picture actually from Ukrainian borders, or from some polygon in Russia
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-05-15 at 02:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If Tziva will keep skro out of this thread, this thread can be quite calm, because he is the most toxic poster in this forum.

I don't like this "sanction" from Russia, i think it will hurt us more than USA. We kinda, need all the production we can get.

Also, UN helicopters were spotted in Ukraine (in Donetsk). Wonder if it's not a fake video and was actually filmed in Donetsk

More Blackwater mercs. It's kinda weird to see UN helicopter in Donetsk, and the Blackwater marcs in said Donetsk next day
    Not sure what to make of those counter-sanctions... Rogozin reasoned the GPS one by saying US isn't showing any progress on deploying GLONASS ground stations on US territory. They'd only be banned for using RD-180 engines for launching military tech; I think that's fairly reasonable.

As far as UN choppers go, UN is already looking into it. From what I've read (unconfirmed, in Russian only), some of the Ukrainian forces (National Guard?)
    used white choppers with Red Cross emblems to airdrop troops inside the Donetsk region some time ago.
    Something similar with medical vans or w/e.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2014-05-15 at 03:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creotor View Post
    As far as UN choppers go, UN is already looking into it. From what I've read (unconfirmed, in Russian only), some of the Ukrainian forces (National Guard?)
    used white choppers with Red Cross emblems to airdrop troops inside the Donetsk region some time ago.
    Something similar with medical vans or w/e.
    Yeah, i've seen that, but it's quite weird coincidence, UN helicopter and US Blackwater troops in same place?
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Yeah, i've seen that, but it's quite weird coincidence, UN helicopter and US Blackwater troops in same place?
    I didn't make that connection (frankly, I just glanced over both of those news pieces) but it's certainly possible the two are related... How many of those helicopters would one need to drop off 300 men, though?
    Anyway, it's late here, going to sleep.
    Last edited by Creotor; 2014-05-15 at 03:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Ukrainian DOD, there is military clashes under Kramators'k
    More links with video from Slavyansk:
    Militia destroyed Ukrainian armored troop-carrier
    More mortar fire, you can look at his channel, he records shooting everyday

That "blackwater" video/article you linked is more then two months old; so not exactly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    That "blackwater" video/article you linked is more then two months old; so not exactly the same.
    yeah, i goofed really hard here. I just didn't wanted to link Russian article so i looked for English language one and posted the first one without even looking because it had video in it. Anyways, this article is in English and highlights this Blackwater merc issue, while being, obviously, pro-Russian, i think we need to wait little more before we'll get more news about it.

yeah, i goofed really hard here. I just didn't wanted to link Russian article so i looked for English language one and posted the first one without even looking because it had video in it. Anyways, this article is in English and highlights this Blackwater merc issue, while being, obviously, pro-Russian, i think we need to wait little more before we'll get more news about it.
    Everything seems to be originating from same Bild article; media echo chamber without any substantial proof so far.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart

Russian TV is known for their fake videos about Ukraine, but that video of a helicopter parked in a village is insufficient to make any conclusions. They claim it's Kramatorsk of Donetsk province, it's an industrial city, not a village; I've been there a dozen times and don't recognize that rural landscape. Also, I'm not a military expert, why would Ukrainians park a helicopter in a village and not at their base? Can someone knowledgeable answer that?

Blackwater mercs - let's discuss them once and close their topic. If they really exist in Ukraine, why didn't they kick ass in these months?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Russian TV is known for their fake videos about Ukraine
    Funny to hear that from fellow Ukrainian guy - country with probably most fucked up and biased tv in the world.

If they really exist in Ukraine, why didn't they kick ass in these months?
    Maybe because they sucks?

I wouldn't be surprised if "source in German intelligence" used by Bild based his certainty of Blackwater merc existence on that video from March...

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Seo View Post
    Funny to hear that from fellow Ukrainian guy - country with probably most fucked up and biased tv in the world.

Maybe because they sucks?
    Is that "NO U"? I don't discuss Ukrainian TV, in fact I can't see it in Donetsk because of separatists. Russian TV broadcasted several fakes about Ukraine since the crisis began, you can check the locked thread for links.

If Blackwater sucks, why are Russians so scared of them? If Blackwater doesn't suck, why no one has ever seen them in Ukraine except Russian TV?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    If Blackwater sucks, why are Russians so scared of them? If Blackwater doesn't suck, why no one has ever seen them in Ukraine except Russian TV?
    If true it would just be perfect excuse to slam US involvement in Ukraine by our "sympathizers" in Europe.

Don't think it's true though. Polish/Baltic involvement is much more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Russian TV is known for their fake videos about Ukraine, but that video of a helicopter parked in a village is insufficient to make any conclusions. They claim it's Kramatorsk of Donetsk province, it's an industrial city, not a village; I've been there a dozen times and don't recognize that rural landscape. Also, I'm not a military expert, why would Ukrainians park a helicopter in a village and not at their base? Can someone knowledgeable answer that?

Blackwater mercs - let's discuss them once and close their topic. If they really exist in Ukraine, why didn't they kick ass in these months?
    It's not "Russian TV", it's video from youtube (helicopter one), they claim that it was filmed near Kramatorsk and they can claim w.e. they want, in this "media war" it's not something new, to film something in one place and claim that it was filmed in another. And Blackwater mercs, it's just rumors, it's stated in links that i've provided.
    I think that it was possible to this helicopter being filmed near Kramatorsk just because there is some clashes, it's not crazy to assume that there is military presence when you see this kind of videos. To be honest, i don't know much about Blackwater, i've heard that they were killing a lot of civilians in Iraq, and some rumors that they were shooting each other while being drunk (this one is very hard to believe)ю

And about this helicopter, since US didn't started denying everything and actually stated that they will investigate it, i start to believe that they don't know what the fuck this helicopter is, and it's most likely not their initiative.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2014-05-15 at 05:48 AM.