Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'm sure they appreciate your response.
    Who in the hell appreciates yours I'm sorry ? All you do is reply to anyone dares to say something bad and point it out. What's your problem ? Can you not deal with it that not releasing a patch is not good ?

I bet 95% of your 19.8k posts just useless garbage. Go ahead report see if I give a damn, you still r a pathetic jerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    TLDR of the tweet. -Wait for June 3-6.

Deleted
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.
    Post of the Year.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    So, they aren't ready to start external invites yet, because the first few zones aren't even completed. They are planning to get a new build up "soon", but no soon TM, etc. In the past "soon" has meant several weeks to 1+ month.

I don't think we can argue that delaying this testing may not impact the release cycle/release date any further. The testing is delayed, because the expansion isn't even in an Alpha worthy state yet. The last 3 expansions have taken 6-7 months to release once they reach that state and they are probably weeks not days from reaching the point where the expansion was 6-7 months out in past cycles. Even a reduction to a 5 month cycle would mean late November/early December.

On top of that, the fact they are pushing through the VP upgrades and another minor patch further reinforces that this is going nowhere any time soon. At this point, I think it's safe to say that they are in dire risk of missing even the December 20 date.
    I don't think it's absolutely certain that "adding extra polish" means it's horribly (not even worthy of testing) unfinished. It's equally possible that they're stalling. What state things are in is anyone's guess really, so I don't agree that "it's safe to say that they are in dire risk of missing even the December 20 date" either. We won't know anything until testing actually starts. If things are unfinished and horribly broken at that point then you might well be right. If everything is looking good and is, in fact, very polished then predictions may change.

The bottom line is your whole post is really just your guess based on your opinions and perceptions, with no absolute basis in fact, so the phrasing that nobody can argue this or that and that it's safe to say there is dire risk is a bit over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    TLDR of the tweet. -Wait for June 3-6.
    Ya, it sure feels like it. What's the point of "extra polishing a beta"? He basically said its ready to go but they're delaying for "no" (development side) reason.

I don't mind it, but it just came across like purposely delaying for "something", not that its not ready to go.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prode View Post
    Who in the hell appreciates yours I'm sorry ? All you do is reply to anyone dares to say something bad and point it out. What's your problem ? Can you not deal with it that not releasing a patch is not good ?

I bet 95% of your 19.8k posts just useless garbage. Go ahead report see if I give a damn, you still r a pathetic jerk.
    0.o Did he crap in your food or something?

In other news: 5 pages incoming of dissecting every word of that tweet and what the words "extra polish" mean.

Deleted
    Varnish body spray for characters confirmed, shiny bald gnomes inbound.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawnseven View Post
    I don't think it's absolutely certain that "adding extra polish" means it's horribly (not even worthy of testing) unfinished. It's equally possible that they're stalling. What state things are in is anyone's guess really, so I don't agree that "it's safe to say that they are in dire risk of missing even the December 20 date" either. We won't know anything until testing actually starts. If things are unfinished and horribly broken at that point then you might well be right. If everything is looking good and is, in fact, very polished then predictions may change.

The bottom line is your whole post is really just your guess based on your opinions and perceptions, with no absolute basis in fact, so the phrasing that nobody can argue this or that and that it's safe to say there is dire risk is a bit over the top.
    At a certain level of polish it literally becomes a stress test to find major issues. I doubt it, but it could be a short test cycle all-together. It all depends on how much is done before they open the gates. "Zones" indicates the possibility that quite allot of the lvling content may be ready for testing as soon as they open as opposed to only the first 3 or 4 lvls. Of course it could just as easily be the first 3 (2 starters and the meetup)

I do love the post that Tiberria made about the expansion being in a terrible state. We saw footage of Frostfire Ridge at PAX that was basically done. In the client itself every zone is pretty much completed except Spires and Tanaan, in terms of quests Gorgrond, Talador, Shadowmoon, and Frostfire are all pretty much done. So no... they are in fact not in any danger of missing the December 20th date, they are however in danger of losing a metric shitload of subscribers.

Contrary to popular belief, I do have a sense of humor. Ty for my new signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Ya, it sure feels like it. What's the point of "extra polishing a beta"? He basically said its ready to go but they're delaying for "no" (development side) reason.

I don't mind it, but it just came across like purposely delaying for "something", not that its not ready to go.

"Polishing" an alpha sounds silly to me anyway. Polishing is what you do when you nearly finish a product. An alpha is expected to be buggy and have problems. What is there to polish? It's like putting one nice vase in a really wrecked, ugly store.

Deleted
    Cant wait to see the progress though once doors open, should be a nice surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, I do have a sense of humor. Ty for my new signature.
    I am honoured brother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    im sure they would love a tweet from you going like "im so proud of you guys for being so considerate and not hurrying up, im sure people enjoy the downtime "
    I'm not going to be snarky about it. And Lol @ Prode, that doesn't phase me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I do love the post that Tiberria made about the expansion being in a terrible state. We saw footage of Frostfire Ridge at PAX that was basically done. In the client itself every zone is pretty much completed except Spires and Tanaan, in terms of quests Gorgrond, Talador, Shadowmoon, and Frostfire are all pretty much done. So no... they are in fact not in any danger of missing the December 20th date, they are however in danger of losing a metric shitload of subscribers.
    Link to Tiberria post?
    Last edited by DarthMetatron; 2014-05-15 at 08:06 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Cant wait to see the progress though once doors open, should be a nice surprise.

- - - Updated - - -

I am honoured brother.

Yeah, it's a shitty and boring wait, but once the floodgates open, it brings us a lot of exciting stuff at least once every week. Doubly so for beta.

Why was WoD delayed?

I think we will see another expansion announced at blizzcon 2014. They said they were already working on another expansion and i think they shifted some of the development team of WoD to exp 6 so we will see exp 6 in late 2015 and have a yearly expansion. What do you think?
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMetatron View Post
    Link to Tiberria post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    So, they aren't ready to start external invites yet, because the first few zones aren't even completed. They are planning to get a new build up "soon", but no soon TM, etc. In the past "soon" has meant several weeks to 1+ month.

I don't think we can argue that delaying this testing may not impact the release cycle/release date any further. The testing is delayed, because the expansion isn't even in an Alpha worthy state yet. The last 3 expansions have taken 6-7 months to release once they reach that state and they are probably weeks not days from reaching the point where the expansion was 6-7 months out in past cycles. Even a reduction to a 5 month cycle would mean late November/early December.

On top of that, the fact they are pushing through the VP upgrades and another minor patch further reinforces that this is going nowhere any time soon. At this point, I think it's safe to say that they are in dire risk of missing even the December 20 date.
    There ya go

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Why was WoD delayed?

I think we will see another expansion announced at blizzcon 2014. They said they were already working on another expansion and i think they shifted some of the development team of WoD to exp 6 so we will see exp 6 in late 2015 and have a yearly expansion. What do you think?
    Ballsy opinion, I had it too at one point, but I gave up any hope of that when they went quiet on the homefront for Warlords.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    There ya go

Ballsy opinion, I had it too at one point, but I gave up any hope of that when they went quiet on the homefront for Warlords.
    They do have 2 expansions in the pipeline as far as story-boarding goes. A ballsy opinion would be if they have increased the team to where they can put 4 month major content cycles out and still develop the next expac at the same time after releasing WoD.