Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

15+ Year Old Account
    Step 1: Take that little object beside your keyboard called a "mouse" and move it around until you see an arrow move on your screen. Seeing this arrow usually requires the use of eyes, which not everyone has proper use of. If this is the case, call for assistance from a parent, legal guardian, or just someone nearby.

Step 2: Once control of said mouse has been acquired, move arrow up to the URL bar of whatever your web browser is. Click once or twice until current URL is highlighted.

Step 3: Using your keyboard, which should be located in front of you, type "www.google.com" into the address bar. While some may claim that google and the internet is controlled by lizard overlord space aliens that are filling our water with mind control drugs, do not fall prey to such claims. This can be hazardous to the health of those around you!

Step 4: Once the google home page has come up, click on the search bar beneath the google logo. Type in anything you wish to research.

Step 5: Many links should appear, providing you with a vast array of knowledge!

Gun ownership drops sharply once college degree is acquired. High school graduates and college drop outs have approximately similar levels of gun ownership:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...vide-is-sharp/
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Why are you applying logic to people that cling illogically to items that are more likely to hurt than even help them, and use copious mental hoops to validate themselves for clinging to a security blanket?
    According to you just being in the presence of a firearm makes you more likely to shoot someone and it also somehow makes it more likely you will get shot. How have you (a person who owns unregistered firearms) avoided such catastrophes? It's pretty amazing since the "scientific studies" you linked say the opposite.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He's promoting registration of all guns while owning unregistered guns...that's hypocritical.
    no, it´s not, hypocritical would be promoting registration of all guns while saying this wouldn´t apply to him because reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that someone who doesn't constantly fear for the government coming to steal his rights has a far better grasp on reality, and thus would be more likely to responsibly apply ownership principles, much like people who responsibly drive a car experience far fewer accidents.

Unfortunately, the highest rates of gun ownership are among irrational thinkers with low levels of education than it is among people with an ability to firmly grasp scientific studies, apply reason and logic, and overall be safe and responsible to avoid any potential threat that ownership may bring.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    no, it´s not, hypocritical would be promoting registration of all guns while saying this wouldn´t apply to him because reasons
    I don't even own any guns. Lockedout lives in his own world where felony ownership of a gun is condonable anyway. But I'm the bad guy for apparently not conforming to his fantasy land.

And like I said, he needs to present bullshit to attempt to discredit studies that I have no affiliation with. I really don't know how these people think.
    Last edited by Rukentuts; 2014-05-15 at 10:34 PM.

He said all guns should be registered but since his state doesn't require it he feels no need to register his. The reason he wants guns to be registered is to save lives. That's called being a hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even own any guns. Lockedout lives in his own world where felony ownership of a gun is condonable anyway.
    You said you did and they were unregistered in this thread. Please show me condoning felony ownership or is that just more bullshit like how you are now claiming you don't own guns. Can't really have a debate with a hypocrite AND a liar.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't even own any guns. Lockedout lives in his own world where felony ownership of a gun is condonable anyway. But I'm the bad guy for apparently not conforming to his fantasy land.

And like I said, he needs to present bullshit to attempt to discredit studies that I have no affiliation with. I really don't know how these people think.
    i know, i just think it´s funny reading his answers
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    So it is as accessible as your kitchen knives? You are one shining beacon of responsible gun ownership.

Not sure about Nashville Tenn. But here where I live we do not have to worry about securing our kitchen knifes other than place them in a holder or drawer in the kitchen.:P And if a intruder grabs one of them after they break in....not much of a match against a .357 mag.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2014-05-15 at 10:46 PM.

he needs to present bullshit to attempt to discredit studies that I have no affiliation with. I really don't know how these people think.
    The studies you link discredit themselves because they have to list the methodology and it's always extremely biased. You might know that if you read them instead of copy pasting them.

- - - Updated - - -

He owns guns his dad gave them to him, they are unregistered because Minnesota doesn't require them to be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    not much of a match against a .357 mag.
    It's actually an excellent match in close quarters.

Can't really have a debate with a hypocrite AND a liar.
    Okay Mr. Ye Who Makes Shit Up. But I'll defer to your authority on my life.

- - - Updated - - -

The highlights being where he brought race into it.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -
    COLOR="#417394"]- - - Updated - - -[/COLOR]

It's actually an excellent match in close quarters.
    For one, I do not think he would get that close. Even if he did, I would still rather have the .357 mag. All it would take is one shot, in the arm...leg, even and he is down. The .357 Mag is actually a excellent handgun up close. Lots of knockdown power, esp when it is equipped with a heavy load, copper jacketed hollow point round.

Ive been reading mmo-champion.com since it was created. I finally felt the need to create an account after reading this thread.

Holy crap. I've never seen so much liberal 101 anti-gun crap in one place. The amount of myth and misinformation floating around this thread is staggering.

PS: I also own numerous suppressors and short barreled rifles.

Why?

Because I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Ive been reading mmo-champion.com since it was created. I finally felt the need to create an account after reading this thread.

Holy crap. I've never seen so much liberal 101 anti-gun crap in one place. The amount of myth and misinformation floating around this thread is staggering.

PS: I also own numerous suppressors and short barreled rifles.

Why?

Because I can.
    Lol! Welcome to the "Beating a Dead Horse" club. I come here mainly for the chuckles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Lol! Welcome to the "Beating a Dead Horse" club. I come here mainly for the chuckles.
    This thread ontop of all the other pro-abortion, anti-corporation, love and peace stuff - I had no idea WoW was full of some many of these people.

So many pro-government zombies in here. Yikes is all I can say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I guess you missed the 500 times the statistics showing guns are more likely to be turned on their owners/owner's family than to be used against a home invader/mugger.
    Gotta love it when people continuously misquote and misrepresent even the flawed studies in an attempt to make them even more supportive of a ridiculous position.

The phrase "turned on their owners" is not a valid one that's being bandied about here. "Correlated with an increased risk of being shot" is the most common phrasing. The only way you can even approach "turned on their owners" is if you include suicides by firearm, which is ridiculous.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    if you include suicides by firearm, which is ridiculous.
    What do you mean? The presence of a firearm is what caused the suicide.

"Hey guys - lets regulate 99.9% of the population based on the actions of 0.01% of the population"

15+ Year Old Account
    Conveniently forgetting that firearms lend a dramatically increased rate of successful suicide over most other methods.

Incoming mental gymnastics about how this is irrelevant.

There's enough hand waving in this thread to make a gentle breeze.

Why vote based on facts, when emotion is much more readily available?

In 2004, the Federal Assault Weapons Ban expired. It was not renewed. The AWB had failed to have an impact on gun crime in the United States. A 2004 Department of Justice report concluded
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Conveniently forgetting that firearms lend a dramatically increased rate of successful suicide over most other methods.

Incoming mental gymnastics about how this is irrelevant.

There's enough hand waving in this thread to make a gentle breeze.
    And why do you want to restrict what I am able to do and/or own, because of the action of another?

What does my ownership of firearms have anything to do with John Doe blowing his brains out?
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2014-05-15 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you applying logic to people that cling illogically to items that are more likely to hurt than even help them, and use copious mental hoops to validate themselves for clinging to a security blanket?
    ...says the person who owns firearms about a person who doesn't own firearms. Classic.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils