Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Your favorite warlock spec ever (and why? (optional))

Like the title reads.
    Mine is affliction during cataclysm.

Affliction pre-Cata.
    MoP destro.
    Always hated demo.

Affliction pre-Cata, I liked the spells and rotation much better, I miss the Demon/Fel Armor flipping mechanic
    Demo in Cata, It was stupid OP which was pretty fun pre-nerf but still good through out
    Destro in MoP, Easy enough to have fun but still has depth and is our best DPS this expac
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2014-05-16 at 12:57 AM.

5.2 Demo with UVLS. Not because of the insane numbers, but because I like the idea of capitalizing on the proc to make a small army of imps.

Deleted
    Pre-Cata affliction
    MoP Destro
    Haven't seriously tried demo yet

Quote Originally Posted by spaceape View Post
    Like the title reads.
    Mine is affliction during cataclysm.
    Pre-5.2 Destro. Ember generation is too high now. It was tons of fun back when you had 1, maybe 2 extra Chaos Bolts between Dark Souls. It meant that correct timing had a huge impact on your damage and Chaos Bolt truely felt like a huge nuke. Flash forward to today and we're generally swimming in embers, Chaos Bolt hits for a ton but not as huge a delta as it used to. It seems that with the new WoD perks they're enshrining this shift into the core rotation with faster Chaos Bolts and extra base crit on Incinerate.

Oh well.

Demo in TBC. If you had a pocket healer that you could bribe into keeping the FG alive, my oh my the numbers you could pull. Made Destro look like a beaten red headed step child.

Deleted
    Affliction. I don't main a warlock but I have a level 90 one. I'm not an expert on the class but here's why I like this spec so much.

It was december 2007. I just started playing the game. My first char was an Orc female hunter. Long story short, around level 67-68 I was leveling in Shadowmoon Valley, near the Teron Gorefiend quest. An alliance warlock was nearby, he saw me and attacked me (he was affliction). I managed to kill him, but I was dotted like hell. And in that moment I knew I was going to die and I could not do anything at all to prevent it (no bandages, pots or such). He didn't release until after I died. It was actually pretty bad.. After that I started a shadow priest, which turned into discipline at level 70 and that has been my main for 6 years

T7 Affliction.

Drain Life Affliction in 4.1.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Affliction (Wrath-Naxx/4.1) and non-uvls MoP Demo.

Deleted
    mop destruction

Either Destro or Demo. Affli never grabbed me.

Needless to say that's MoP Destro, because old Destro... yeeeeeccchhhh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Destruction TBC...haha

I honestly never liked Destro at any point.

I like MoP Afflic/Demo, pre mop afflic was so easy lol at least now there is an interesting concept behind it.

Favorite over all is 5.2/3 Demo before it got gutted.

Current Demonology.. I just think it's so much fun even if it's pulling less than the other 2 it still does very well... imolation aura + mannoroth mmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz
    Why are they deleting all the topics about this on the official forums?

thats censorship man, fucking unacceptable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Its almost like it's a private forum with a set of rules people agreed to follow!

Drain life Aff in cata.

Cata demo. I may have not been able to play it much, but it was just so much fun. I'm normally not one to complain about simplifying things, but I really wish that hadn't done such an overhaul to the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Anetulan View Post
    Cata demo. I may have not been able to play it much, but it was just so much fun. I'm normally not one to complain about simplifying things, but I really wish that hadn't done such an overhaul to the spec.
    I found it agonising to play in Cata personally. I hated babysitting a million tiny dots that each did pitiful damage. I picked Destro to throw massive balls of demonfire...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Pre-cata affliction.