Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    IMHO, the first movie should take place with the Horde and Alliance at each others throats like it should be, but working together against another evil. This way both Horde and alliance can get story with either one being singled out as a good or bad side. Because lets face it neither faction are angels when it boils down to it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorwave View Post
    IMHO, the first movie should take place with the Horde and Alliance at each others throats like it should be, but working together against another evil. This way both Horde and alliance can get story with either one being singled out as a good or bad side. Because lets face it neither faction are angels when it boils down to it
    It's starting off with the First War. And let's not go there with either side not being angels. Bias aside we know who are good people and those that are...not so good and are..a bit more complex.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's a given for any Warcraft player. It isn't for those who don't know what this story is about. LotR never tried to show how the bad guys were also people, neither does GoT.
    are you saying a song of ice and fire doesn't show the "villains" as actual people? because you're dead wrong.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    When Warcraft first came out technically they were. Obviously that's not the case now but way back in the 1980's and such.
    1990s :P

In the 1980s the big villain was the Space Invaders or the other Pong paddle. Or those trucks that ran over Frogger.

Oh and Donkey Kong, now that one did get reformed into a hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

This is silly.

We've known since Blizzcon that the movie will focus on the First War, with Durotan and Lothar as the protagonists. I suppose stuff will be stretched to get the orcs where they need to be story wise without having to show draenei, and on the human side, with glossing over Medivh's crucial role. I sure hope not, though. They still have almost 2 years to go before it's released, so it better be beyond what we could possibly expect (as far as a Warcraft movie; I know all too many of you have unrealistic expectations about anything Blizz does).
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herradura View Post
    This is silly.

We've known since Blizzcon that the movie will focus on the First War, with Durotan and Lothar as the protagonists. I suppose stuff will be stretched to get the orcs where they need to be story wise without having to show draenei, and on the human side, with glossing over Medivh's crucial role. I sure hope not, though. They still have almost 2 years to go before it's released, so it better be beyond what we could possibly expect (as far as a Warcraft movie; I know all too many of you have unrealistic expectations about anything Blizz does).
    1. Durotan and Lothar were mentioned to be characters within the film, not necessarily the protagonists.
    2. While the inclusion of these two characters strongly implies the story is set during the First War, we have yet to see an official plot synopsis/press release detailing the story of the film. It could have a section dedicated to Medivh for all we know.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    I was about to say. Soulwind claimed GoT doesn't portray its villains as people, when it very much does. I mean, fark, Cersei is like an incestuous version of my mother and it makes me want to maim her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    are you saying a song of ice and fire doesn't show the "villains" as actual people? because you're dead wrong.
    I was mostly referring to the White Walkers, which are the closest thing GoT has to the alien invasion Warcraft orcs were.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegithedas View Post
    I feel like if it were that cut and dry, why even mention it? I mean isn't it sort of a given that the Horde and Alliance would be at odds, since thats the way its been in every Warcraft game, at least to some capacity?
    yea, u did not read the interview it seems. he said that if you are planning to make a movie for just the fans of the game you are doomed from the start, so the two opposing sides are not as clear to everyone who is going to see the movie. the only fault i can see here is the choice of words (tribes instead of factions)

Deleted
    I was mostly referring to the White Walkers, which are the closest thing GoT has to the alien invasion Warcraft orcs were.
    The television show has not introduced us to the white walkers formally yet. What we have seen is not black and white and does not say whether they're invading or coming to destroy. They simply exist at the moment, they aren't "the bad guys" ... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    The television show has not introduced us to the white walkers formally yet. What we have seen is not black and white and does not say whether they're invading or coming to destroy. They simply exist at the moment, they aren't "the bad guys" ... yet.
    Fair enough, forget what I said about GoT. My point was that the usual fantasy story we see in movies doesn't show why the bad guys are what they are, and if some of them disagree with their kind, which is why 'a story about two tribes/factions' needs to be said when advertising this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Not to people who have never heard of Warcraft and who might be going to watch the movie. Most people see Orcs as 'bad guys' . The Orcs in Warcraft are far from 1-dimensional villains anymore.
    Well, to be fair...in WC1 they were pretty much one-dimensional villains. We just had the opportunity to play as them. Blizzard didn't start to write in the whole demonic possession arc until Warcraft Adventures, which was scrapped and its lore rolled into WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Well, to be fair...in WC1 they were pretty much one-dimensional villains. We just had the opportunity to play as them. Blizzard didn't start to write in the whole demonic possession arc until Warcraft Adventures, which was scrapped and its lore rolled into WC3.
    Durotan never existed in Warcraft 1, so it's absolutely fair to say that Orcs today are absolutely not the 1-dimensional villains as they were in the early 90's. It's been retconned to the point where even Doomhammer, the Backstabber, is an honourable leader through-and-through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaenavenBlacksun View Post
    I was about to say. Soulwind claimed GoT doesn't portray its villains as people, when it very much does. I mean, fark, Cersei is like an incestuous version of my mother and it makes me want to maim her.
    I guess it depends on who you are talking about when you say "villains" since he might be refering to the white walkers and not the human "bad guys".

Deleted
    It's a given for any Warcraft player. It isn't for those who don't know what this story is about. LotR never tried to show how the bad guys were also people, neither does GoT.
    Have you actually seen or read game of thrones? Game of thrones is hailed for, among a lot of others things, its realism in characters. The way every character has both good and "evil" sides.