Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    You just made a random list and clearly have no idea how any of those healers work.

Everyone agrees shamans are easier.
    I don't agree with much you say. Specially not how you say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant View Post
    Why does everyone think druid is hard... ?
    Because most plays them terrible. Most picks the tree, and it's completely garbage. You show that now you've been pressured and are ready to die when the tree is down.
    From my experience as to how many that actually manage to play their class well enough to survive close to as well as they could, if they were good, against people that knows how to the healers works, druid isn't the easiest at all.
    Hardest to easiest.
    Mistweaver. Most is beyond terrible at this class and only rely on people stunning them once in a while. being surprised each time they fade.
    Druid. Despite the huge amount of escapes and great output they can give, running hots while they're CCd, a lot still fails majorly at this.
    Paladin. If they actually use their hands well, on top of the bubbles they can be painfull to kill, but a lot haven't learned more than 2 bubbles and hand of freedom.
    Shammy. Those strong totems. Most are managing to survive just fine just by popping things desperately, but you really need to learn fake casting with this. Overall most plays this in a working way. Is a lot more that can be done of course.
    Priest(disc mostly). Have strong CC, very simple healing. Specially in 2s you can completely lock another player down
    Last edited by Terridon; 2014-05-15 at 09:27 AM.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

so what, what have those 2 posts got to do with each other?
    Complaining about people calling you out and then you call someone out not even half a page later.
    Hi Sephurik

mmo-champ needs a place where only ppl with xp can post.

i mean
    Resto druids are very simple, all you need to do is throw up your HoTs (Heal over time) and just dance around while people can not touch you considering that you can shapeshift out of anything haha.
    this is sh!t 1400, prob. not even, players say.

Everyone who plays at a decent level, knows that this is complete bs.

Priest(disc mostly). Have strong CC, very simple healing. Specially in 2s you can completely lock another player down
    please tell why disc > holy ? i mean wtf. disc has the fucking worst heal output, holy is just overall way better, they even have a cc more. why would you write disc?
    Last edited by Peruh; 2014-05-15 at 12:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Blood DK.
    Dem worms.
    Would like to see this addressed, it's getting out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Complaining about people calling you out and then you call someone out not even half a page later.
    I wasn't complaining, can you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    Looks like complaints to me.
    guess you can't read.

Quote Originally Posted by Juesh View Post
    Well more than 1 person in this thread seem to see your complaints yet you don't. Might be an issue with your reading comprehension, not ours.
    it's a convenient device for you to bash me yet completely obvious it wasn't a complaint.

Deleted
    I have played all healing classes except Monk, in my opinion they are all the same difficulty. Priest has a lot of keybinds due to the wide range of healing spells they have. I think the class you will do best at is the one you enjoy the most.

when i see cdew play rshaman, id say the skillcap is pretty damn high.

Have all 5 healers at 90.

Easiest: Paladin. By far. Also my favorite healer so it's not like I'm biased.

Hardest: Druid. You can do a lot with a druid, but it also takes a lot of awareness and timing to pull off. You also need to be pro-active rather than reactive with your heals, which is much harder to do.

Deleted
    Shaman, the totems usually do the healing for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    do you have any reading comprehension at all?

Where did I say "Blithe said this first out of anyone"?

I simply said that it was a typical thing for you to post judging from your previous posts in other areas all showing lack of game knowledge.
    resto druid simple and easy

that's the first time I've ever heard that lol, obviously it would come out of blithe.
    I think you should just stop talking, unless you're going to post constructively. You're starting(?) to make yourself look stupid and I think everybody else here can agree with that.

OT: If the OP is still reading these pages, just make all five healers and test all six specializations out yourself. This topic is getting out of hand, and you'll never really know until you yourself can see how they feel. A lot of people told me this about Arcane during early Mists. While it was a little lackluster compared to Frost and Fire, it was nowhere near as hard to play as people said it was and I still found it pretty fun to play. You can't base your play-style off of what someone else says.

Two people could start playing the same class at the same time, but the rating they might achieve (from the learning difficulty of the class) might be completely different. Everybody's different, so you might find other classes harder than some, and the others easier than the rest. Frost Death Knight is undoubtedly the easiest damage specialization to play but the fact of the matter is that one player could reach 1000 and find it tremendously difficult, while another might reach 2200 in the same amount of time.
    Last edited by Blithe; 2014-05-16 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    I think you should just stop talking, unless you're going to post constructively. You're starting(?) to make yourself look stupid and I think everybody else here can agree with that.

OT: If the OP is still reading these pages, just make all five healers and test all six specializations out yourself. This topic is getting out of hand, and you'll never really know until you yourself can see how they feel. A lot of people told me this about Arcane during early Mists. While it was a little lackluster compared to Frost and Fire, it was nowhere near as hard to play as people said it was and I still found it pretty fun to play.
    it was the first time I had heard it and it also came from you, I don't see what is hard to be understand about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    OT: If the OP is still reading these pages, just make all five healers and test all six specializations out yourself. This topic is getting out of hand, and you'll never really know until you yourself can see how they feel. A lot of people told me this about Arcane during early Mists. While it was a little lackluster compared to Frost and Fire, it was nowhere near as hard to play as people said it was and I still found it pretty fun to play. You can't base your play-style off of what someone else says.

I still do

I have a monk/priest/shaman... Monk is my fav but I'd say Priest I find the easiest. Shaman can be fun but I'm not so great on that when getting focussed :[

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Have all 5 healers at 90.

Easiest: Paladin. By far. Also my favorite healer so it's not like I'm biased.

Hardest: Druid. You can do a lot with a druid, but it also takes a lot of awareness and timing to pull off. You also need to be pro-active rather than reactive with your heals, which is much harder to do.
    so you play all 5 classes @ the same lvl? lets say 2200+ which acutally qualifies you to talk about balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every healer is easy to learn if you already know how to play any healer class. All healers have AoE heals, things that need to be used on cooldown, cooldowns, cheap small heals, fast mana expensive heals and big massive heals. Most have some sort of HoTs, tank cooldowns and some can even dps a bit.

But playstyles change a bit between every class and there's on class that can get away with only 6 buttons for everything between MSV LFR and Garrosh normal (I guess maybe heroic too if it's on farm?) and that is disc priest. I have 3 accounts and 3 of every class, most at 90, and on my 3 disc priests I use Penance, Holy Fire, Mindbender, Smite, Divine Star and Archangel. If I'm feeling reeeeeeaaaaaaaally lazy I'll use a macro that uses everything on cooldown and spams smite in the meanwhile.

The problem here is that everyone has their own understand of "easiest to learn". If we're going purely on how difficult it is to get to a point where you're able to output effective healing, here is my list from hardest to easiest (Haven't healed with paladin):

Monk - Quite alien to me at first; the unique healing style made it a little more challenging to pick up.
    Priest (holy) - Admittedly some find it easier than I did. Maybe I struggled more because of being so used to disc.
    Priest (disc) - Not very difficult honestly. Penance, shield, PoM, flash heal (4s bonus after PoM), repeat.
    Druid - Hots and profit? Use swiftmend and casts when it gets rough.
    Shaman - Drop totem, riptide, spam casts, profit.

None of these are actually difficult though. Not at all.

I think being effective in PvP is a different list and probably subsequent to the first in terms of progression of skill. Once you have got the basics:

Priest (holy) - A decent priest will be able to use chakras in PvP properly which makes it more tricky. Also you can just spam heals and profit. I feel slightly biased though, lol.
    Shaman - Shamans get locked down quite easily so when you're focused you can just spam as normal. Healing stream does make this easier though.
    Druid - Many of the heals are instants and druids are quite mobile. They also have good control which is easy to land.
    Priest (disc) - I just found this relatively easy. I think I was just meant for disc, lol. Casting penance on the move, creating massive aegises with aura mastery flash heals after PoM 4s bonus. Instant shield. Etc.
    Monk - Incredibly mobile. Ring of everything. Instant cc. Go figure.

Shaman and holy priest are at the top, but still neither are difficult at all.

See, it's after this tier that things start getting really tricky, because with priests landing fears -- Which is OP and easy as hell at low rating -- becomes difficult to land. Your shields get dispelled, etc. With shamans people start killing totems. With druids people start swapping properly to avoid HoTs. With monks... Well, it's still more or less the same.

So I'm going to say overall monks are the easiest and further than that a list can't be created. The rest of the healers have a high skill cap which is not mastering the basics, but your positioning, use of globals, making good choices, etc. It's just that monks are more difficult to focus on as dps, whether their actually healing output is better or not, it is still easier to play. This is not to say monks are played by dummies; the difference between monks and other classes is quite marginal.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruh View Post
    so you play all 5 classes @ the same lvl? lets say 2200+ which acutally qualifies you to talk about balance.
    OT: Is there anyone who plays all healer specs at 2200+? Just genuinely interested. I can play some at that level, but all of them, in the same season?? That's an interesting challenge, for sure. Seems pretty involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    OT: Is there anyone who plays all healer specs at 2200+? Just genuinely interested. I can play some at that level, but all of them, in the same season?? That's an interesting challenge, for sure. Seems pretty involved.
    Probably. I have a few friends that have at least 2 or 3 and play at a decent level and I'm sure if you put in enough effort you'd be able to, but I don't know anyone who plays all of them.