Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    It could happen, but only if he was alone, squishy character without botrk or BT, WW could just ult him and get ~20% health back, Q, botrk to get to ~50% health and AA him to death (he has AS due to W) because damage he dealt was enough to activate MS buff and now he can't get away, and can't "outsustain" WW. WW can heal pretty fast, but he needs ult up for it, not have ignite on his ass, have enough mana and have melee contact.
    I think you missed the part where he went 100-0 before ww's ulti ended.

Deleted
    Thoughts about Braum? He seems fun to play as a tank but the passive...god. Seems overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarepublic View Post
    Thoughts about Braum? He seems fun to play as a tank but the passive...god. Seems overkill.
    I think he's absolutely ridiculous, personally. I got ahold of him in a ranked game yesterday. First time playing him with absolutely no experience, and had the easiest time imaginable dominating lane and controlling teamfights all game long. Today, I had the misfortune of playing against him and it was just brutal. He basically negated our Draven in teamfights with his wall. I think the worst part is that you just build him straight tank and he's fucking impossible to kill.

I'm sure some will disagree, but it seems with every new support release, their kits just get more and more overloaded.
    Answer no master, never the slave
    Carry your dreams down into the grave

10+ Year Old Account
    His kit isn't really overloaded though. If you want overloaded, look at Lulu or Nautilus. The two of them have so many options and control there is a reason they rarely see buffs.

Braum has 2 slows, a stun, and a knockup, then some defensive stuff. Only one mid range skill shot for poke. No way to reliably get into a fight that you would expect from a melee support. Few damage options beyond AAs and it's not even that high. His fits a nice counter-initiate niche. If he is dominating in lane, you or your lane partner screwed up somewhere. Plain and simple. All you need to do is pick any support with lots of poke (Sona, Lulu, Karma, etc) and you win lane against him. Teamfights is gets a little tricky, but if you can poke him or his team down you will most likely win.

I realize in solo queue none of this is a given, which is why Braum is so successful right now, but he is definitely not as broken as people are making him out to be. Could be a little on the strong side right now, but it's better to start powerful and need nerfs than start weak and need buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaseLocked View Post
    I think he's absolutely ridiculous, personally. I got ahold of him in a ranked game yesterday. First time playing him with absolutely no experience, and had the easiest time imaginable dominating lane and controlling teamfights all game long. Today, I had the misfortune of playing against him and it was just brutal. He basically negated our Draven in teamfights with his wall. I think the worst part is that you just build him straight tank and he's fucking impossible to kill.

I'm sure some will disagree, but it seems with every new support release, their kits just get more and more overloaded.
    His laning is actually abysmal against people who can play bot lane well. He does well against bursty poke, but sustained poke from champs like Nid/Sona rips him apart. He still punishes bad extensions, but not to the degree of a Leona/Thresh, yet he offers better defensive options (Shield, his leap can pull him out of an engage unlike those two). He really shines in teamfights and peeling for carries, which is a great in the current meta of all-ins, ala Morgana. Just keep in mind he's melee with only one damaging spell.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    His kit isn't really overloaded though. If you want overloaded, look at Lulu or Nautilus. The two of them have so many options and control there is a reason they rarely see buffs.

Braum has 2 slows, a stun, and a knockup, then some defensive stuff. Only one mid range skill shot for poke. No way to reliably get into a fight that you would expect from a melee support. Few damage options beyond AAs and it's not even that high. His fits a nice counter-initiate niche. If he is dominating in lane, you or your lane partner screwed up somewhere. Plain and simple. All you need to do is pick any support with lots of poke (Sona, Lulu, Karma, etc) and you win lane against him. Teamfights is gets a little tricky, but if you can poke him or his team down you will most likely win.

I realize in solo queue none of this is a given, which is why Braum is so successful right now, but he is definitely not as broken as people are making him out to be. Could be a little on the strong side right now, but it's better to start powerful and need nerfs than start weak and need buffs.
    But you forget... if you pair him with a hyper carry (Vayne, Jinx, Trist), they literally cannot fight them outright. The hypercarry will get their farm and be stupidly safe. He negates Caitlyn completely and she's one of the few consistent ways to stop the hyper carries. His disengage is also Nami level.

Sure, you might be able to irritate him in lane with a Sona or something, but he gets tankier... there's only so much she can do on a support's budget. Also, a ton of the poke supports are really squishy and, if he gets a Q on someone, you win. Instantly. They either back off until it expires or they get stunned and killed while you laugh at their pitiful attempts to finish off that last 5 hp on the adc for 5 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top bans right now : Khazix, Jax, LB, Kass, Yi, Nidalee, now 3 mid instead of just junglers + LB

And u can find top bans on lolking
    And of course no Twitch, the list goes on and strangely no Lee Sin for first time since ages (he will be back soon)

@Braum: just one thing I'll say about him, Caitlyn got stun now, enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Top bans right now : Khazix, Jax, LB, Kass, Yi, Nidalee, now 3 mid instead of just junglers + LB

And u can find top bans on lolking
    And of course no Twitch, the list goes on and strangely no Lee Sin for first time since ages (he will be back soon)

@Braum: just one thing I'll say about him, Caitlyn got stun now, enjoy

Interesting. Jax gets shut out by Renek/Irelia, wouldn't waste a ban on him. Kass and Yi both got nerfed (Yi inadvertently with FF.) I can see the rest, though, except maybe Kha'Zix.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Interesting. Jax gets shut out by Renek/Irelia, wouldn't waste a ban on him. Kass and Yi both got nerfed (Yi inadvertently with FF.) I can see the rest, though, except maybe Kha'Zix.
    They play Kha in LCS, and they ban him there - thats the main reason I believe. Even though in SoloQ they build him dmg dmg dmg, goes in and dies. While in LCS they build tank, evolve R and just is a pain in the ass tanky stealthy champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Jax is known that even if u shut his early game he can catch late game if he doesn't screw badly, in compare to Renekton who start strong early game and get weaker late game
    Kass got nerfed but Yi is strong already even without FF (just boring champion imo)
    Khazix is still strong and I see a nerf coming soon to him to make him another olaf (or FF, that got nerfed to the ground, baby ! )
    And if they can find a solution to destroy Nidalee spears yet still make her good champ they will (maybe we see again bruiser nidalee days), also nidalee imo is strong when ur team has advanced, but even if fed, Nidalee can't defend base (and saw many games of fed nidalee yet lost because nidalee can't really def bases/towers)

Interesting is the 'rise' on LB again, after staying dormant for a while, surely it is related to an item but which item that made LB shine again ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...0#post47130430

And now Pantheon is bad. You never actually catch anyone in the center of your ult unless they're getting stunned at the perfect time or just plain luck. He needed the ability to use his abilities early so that he could actually catch people. Otherwise his ultimate is very easy to avoid because of the warning giving you enough time to get out of the center.

Those poor people that bought the new Pantheon skin.
    I'm okay with the "bugfix", except for the fact that they actually said not being able to use abilities before landing was a bug earlier this patch (pre-skin release). Hours after the skin is released, they say "Oh here's a major fix that we forgot to note in the patch notes for a champion that happens to have a skin coming out!"

I'm not a fan of Riot's sliminess with these things. They tend to make neat skins for champions prior to nerfing them, or even making gameplay-altering changes to their kits. They made that nice winter skin for Lulu (and soon nerfed her E-Q interaction and the indirect nerfs via lich bane), the Halloween skin for Zyra (and basically destroyed her viability as a support) and a couple others I can't quite remember off the top of my head.
    Last edited by Drikkink; 2014-05-16 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Interesting is the 'rise' on LB again, after staying dormant for a while, surely it is related to an item but which item that made LB shine again ?
    Nah, its just the meta really. They didn't nerf Zed, he just fell out of favor. LB does an incredible job of punishing the late game mid mages (Ziggs, Ori, etc) while being incredibly safe (double dash, slow/snare) and the ability to win early against the few early game oriented champions in mid (Lulu in particular).

There isn't a go-to item for her. You either see the mage-assassin build (DFG rush) or the normal mage build (grail/deathcap). With the DFG, she can delete someone. With the grail/deathcap, she's a little more survivable and can still delete someone (although much more difficult to do), but has a lot more teamfight presence.

I personally think she sucks. She doesn't scale well. She is about as fragile as Sona. Her cooldowns are incredibly prohibitive to actually dueling someone you can't instagib. She really requires you to win early or rely on a hypercarry ADC. She's the Renekton of mid lane without anywhere near the lane dominance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    She's the Renekton of mid lane without anywhere near the lane dominance.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

maybe in wood V, but a good lb is a nightmare in lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    But you forget... if you pair him with a hyper carry (Vayne, Jinx, Trist), they literally cannot fight them outright. The hypercarry will get their farm and be stupidly safe. He negates Caitlyn completely and she's one of the few consistent ways to stop the hyper carries. His disengage is also Nami level.

Sure, you might be able to irritate him in lane with a Sona or something, but he gets tankier... there's only so much she can do on a support's budget. Also, a ton of the poke supports are really squishy and, if he gets a Q on someone, you win. Instantly. They either back off until it expires or they get stunned and killed while you laugh at their pitiful attempts to finish off that last 5 hp on the adc for 5 seconds.
    You realize Caitlyn is probably the best ADC to pick AGAINST him. Braum can only take so much damage in lane before he will have to back. His shield is not cheap on mana and even then the CD is long at early ranks. If he is spamming it you just force him back early and take their tower or kill the ADC if he was stupid enough to stay there alone. Cait, Lucian, and Ezreal are the best picks against him. He either has to let poke through or run out of mana to stop it. Either way you win lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think LB rise is related to Lich Bane nerf, which made other APs fall a little who used LB to increase their dmg a good chunk, as for Zed fall, Zed fell way before LB rise, and that was because of his nerfs too

@Nasus nerf: Yes they did nerf ( a good nerf ) his W range and his ulti no longer increase his W range, and since Nasus is heavy to kitting, that is really annoying nerf

Eh, they really need to just rework Panth. Spear Throw has almost no counterplay associated with it (Run him out of mana unless he's dumb enough to build a tear), targetted stuns are dumb (Although displacement will counter both the stun and damage, putting the ability on cd, but I doubt most people have the reflexes to reliably pull it off), and pre-bugfix he had "I drop in from a lane away and BAM insta-stun!" Them fixing the bug shows just how much power he had in a gimmicky playstyle, and it doesn't make up for the other old design nonsense in the rest of his kit.

That being said, I don't understand why people get angry when rito comes out with a new skin for a champ, then either nerf or buff them. I screw around with non-meta champs in unrankeds and do really well trashing scrubs who've never seen Swain/Vlad/Quinn top, etc. In rankeds, I suppose I can see it, but you should already have multiple champs in each role you play.

Deleted
    Any advice for someone who will shortly be starting ranked solo que primarily as support?
    I feel I ward well and build well with a full rune page for suppprt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    Any advice for someone who will shortly be starting ranked solo que primarily as support?
    Don't call people autistic.

Also don't flame jungle when he doesn't gank by calling him autistic.

When your Fizz doesn't roam, don't call him autistic.

When bot lane determines the game not in your favor, don't call them autistic.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Don't call people autistic.

Also don't flame jungle when he doesn't gank by calling him autistic.

When your Fizz doesn't roam, don't call him autistic.

When bot lane determines the game not in your favor, don't call them autistic.
    Wow, your advice is so helpful and thoughtful. /s

@Sparkeee: I haven't played ranked in awhile but basically just go into matches focusing on doing well yourself and not worrying about whether or not someone else messes up. I think also going in with the mindset to learn to get better with help you out more than wanting to win. Most importantly, try and have fun!

If you're up against someone who does better than you, take time to watch what they are doing. Where are they warding? How are they laning? What are they building? You could also give a looksee at some of the pro's pages/streams. See what you can learn/incorporate into your play. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    Here's a good chanel, he got some good guides on ward placement, champion playstyles etc. He also tries out some unortodox picks for fun, and he's not too bad to listen to:
    impaKt youtube

Also @ Duronos, why are you so butthurt about the autistic conversation on the vent thread? Because you're "the only one who took it as a joke"?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore