So what's the deal with "Heart of the Valorous"

A week or so ago a couple interesting tidbits made front page news. One was an increase in drop rate for all the items needed in the Legendary Quest chain as well as an increase in rep gain as I recall, and the other was this Heart of the Valorous buff that increases VP gain by 100%. Well now it has been revealed that there will be purchasable vp from the isle (though 100 vp for 3000 coins is not even remotely worth my time, especially for those on a pvp server) but no word on the buff or the other things.

Are these changes coming with the next lolpatch or were they just files found by datamining that Blizzard maybe considered adding but instead only implemented the lousy 100vp token?

How is anyone here supposed to know ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Wowhead mentioned that the Heart of the Valorous was active on PTR so at least this buff is in testing along with the 100 VP item.

Quote Originally Posted by Runevalkyrie View Post
    Wowhead mentioned that the Heart of the Valorous was active on PTR so at least this buff is in testing along with the 100 VP item.
    Thanks, hadn't heard that so good to know!

Ideally, it's so you can gear up your alts, thus to avoid player burnout. I think it's a great addition!

Heart of the Valorous was initially "always on" but later last night it disappeared. It might have just been intended for Test of Valor, or its bugged, who knows. Don't have a toon on the quest to test.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would just increase the valor limit since they are making it easier for us to get valor points. I mean we'll hit the limit in just a couple of hours and be bored even faster. They should either raise it to 3000 or just remove the damn limit and make it like the justice points where it's an overall limit of 4000. The 1000 weekly VP limit is just so annoying especially as someone who is working on gearing up their third 90. Also I don't see a point in the limit anymore since we won't even have JP or VP in WoD so why not just go all out and get rid of the VP weekly limit?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

I thought it would be the new valor buff for capping on one toon. I hope that it ends up being that.

I dont think anyone necessarily enjoys running H scenarios to cap valor weekly... if this allows you to cap in one SoO normal run, im totally ok with this. VP capping is just time consuming, they arent really dumbing anything down or making anything "easier" (since many people are complaining about the nerfs)

Sent in a tweet for confirmation, just so folks know. Have a feeling it was hotfixed and not intended to be always on.

I always just run scenarios, make a decent amount of gold and they usually average about 15 mins in total.

Sometimes you get surprisingly cool items as well.

edit: also I read the title of this thread in jerry seinfelds voice
    Last edited by Strakha; 2014-05-17 at 12:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Takes me 4 days to cap valour if I do it lazily, one dungeon, one scenario and one HC scenario, pretty easy, could do it in less if I could be arsed farming epoch stones.

Glad they're giving me a use for all my worthless valour though, my poor paladin has nothing to use It on seeing as she'll fully upgraded everything (Except some boots which I really want to get rid of for flex or pvp boots).

It's not hard to figure out this buff is just a catchup mechanism for the legendary quest. It will only function during the 3k valour quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It's not hard to figure out this buff is just a catchup mechanism for the legendary quest. It will only function during the 3k valour quest.
    So, why couldn't they have just changed the quest to only require 1500 valor ? They already changed it from 6k, instead of putting in a buff before.

Not saying this isn't the case, just it's strange.

My first post in this thread still stands ... all we have is speculation at this point. Maybe even Blizz isn't sure what they're gonna do.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.