Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    And every single expansion they go an say: "We will try to speed up the process of delivering content and new expansions." Which by now, everyone should realize it's just a bad lie.

The disappointing part is that they seemed to be actually serious about it with MoP's release. Cataclysm ended up being the shortest expansion period. They also released patches faster than ever throughout MoP. Now they have dropped the ball.

The blonde NE is just wrong, I hope that this blood elf looking NE does not go live.

I'm beginning to think Ghostcrawler might have actually done some work at Blizzard to get things done. Seems to be slower since he left.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's the first time I've taken issue with a blue reply this expansion but I find it incredibly silly to reply to "I don't need any visual reduction." with "You do."

Quote Originally Posted by Doxshund View Post
    So much truth, everyone should take a look at this.

Are there any other instances of Blizzard making a big announcement or content release coinciding with another big release or event in the MMO industry?
    Everyone is citing the same alpha patch notes/ESO release thing and that's hardly enough to make the case that Zarhym is lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Did, and that guy is never really happy.

How about him finding something else to fill his life with when ONE game is in that stage between old content and new...? Nobody is forced to pay. Least so people like that videos maker who seem to be so unhappy with the game that every other video he makes is a bash of it.

"But I pay because I still raid" which many people bring as an argument...WELL THEN HOORAY, you have a reason to play, so why do you whinge about not having anything to do and paying for nothing? Sheesh...people will scream for MORE and NEW these days but still never be happy. Be happy in the present I say, even if that means maybe doing something else for a while besides playing WoW.
    You're babbling. The best point he makes is that WOW has 12 months of content and then 12 months of nothing. It's really shocking but very consistent over all the expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    Are there any other instances of Blizzard making a big announcement or content release coinciding with another big release or event in the MMO industry?
    Everyone is citing the same alpha patch notes/ESO release thing and that's hardly enough to make the case that Zarhym is lying.
    2 things:

1) pretty sure there was some of this same phenomena with star wars

2) blues like Zarhym are, no matter how nice they be as persons, nothing more than corporate shrills whose job description requires that they tow or push the company line until corporate changes their minds and pulls the rug out from under them and then they have to tow the new corporate line - often ending up completely contradicting what they were saying for the past 6 months - and the examples of that occurring are too numerous to mention - though the best case example may be the defence of not getting mounts until 40 and wanting people to experience the world and then the introduction of flying in Wrath

Of course, these are not Blizzard official renditions... but that blonde looks terrible. Reminds me of the high elf model from Warcraft 3

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    So much truth, everyone should take a look at this.
    great video. everyone should see it but blizzard wont. too busy not releasing wod alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Here it goes "faster expansion cycles" blah blah. I'm happy I've quit but I understand the possible frustration of people still loving and playing WoW.
    I don't understand people who "quit" but still frequent this website and care enough to make posts replying to daily news updates, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alveia View Post
    I don't understand people who "quit" but still frequent this website and care enough to make posts replying to daily news updates, lol.
    There are people who come here for the MMO Champ community and people who have social connection through WoW and people that have just played the game for a long time, generally enjoy it but don't enjoy giant content lulls or the current game direction.

Unwavering loyalty to the Blizzard Hive isn't required for commenting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashadelo View Post
    The blonde NE is just wrong, I hope that this blood elf looking NE does not go live.
    1. Those are fan art mockups, not official Blizzard previews.

2. That's not a blonde Night Elf. The last three images are: Blood Elf, Undead High/Blood Elf and High Elf respectively. Just look at the ears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    There are people who come here for the MMO Champ community and people who have social connection through WoW and people that have just played the game for a long time, generally enjoy it but don't enjoy giant content lulls or the current game direction.

Unwavering loyalty to the Blizzard Hive isn't required for commenting.
    Yes we all get that you have the right to post whatever you want. It still doesn't change the fact that with all the billions of possible things a person could do with their time, they choose to respond negatively to news posts on MMO-C. Whatever your excuse is, it still boggles the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    All the people that spout stuff about them releasing stuff to coincide with other MMO releases...would you be so kind as to back that up with actual dates? Actually show us how they counter stuff?

Surely it is the other companies that should be far more worried about what Blizzard do, and not the other way around?

Oh and citing random JRPG #22 in any justification of release dates really doesn't count
    Blizzard released a screenshot of a fern on the same day Wildstar had an open beta weekend. Clearly that was intended as a distraction.

Blizzard announced the Hunters will be losing Hunter´s mark the day before TESO launched.... which is a clear indication that Blizzard is worried about that wow-killer. Not only that, Cat druids will be losing Mangle... surely that information right there is enough to bury TESO and keep thousands, if not millions of players from trying TESO.

People are just stupid. If Wildstar had launched this week, those same people would have pointed to 5 different things Blizzard did as a ´counter to Wildstar´..

Who cares, Wildstar and TESO will both announce F2P before WoD launches. Of course then the idiots will say that WOW is releasing WoD to counter the f2p versions of those games..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nawaji View Post
    Yeah, sorry. I find it hilarious that they think that Wildstar isn't going to measure up. I'm quite pleased with the Wildstar beta, enough to switch. :P Garrisons will never hold a candle to WS's housing.
    Played WoW since 2004 and never felt tempted to try a different MMO until now. WS has my heart.
    Replace Wildstar with

DDO
    EQ2
    LOTRO
    Warhammer
    Aion
    AOC
    TSW
    Starwars

blah blah blah. please post your armory so we can see you at lvl 100 the week after WoD releases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dercaderca View Post
    WoD is the next project Titan.

Coming Soon™

loolololol
    Titan was cancelled because it was too similar to Destiny. Originally they were going to create it within Blizzard, but decided to just scoop up a new development house to do Destiny, which made Titan redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Doxshund View Post
    This guy gets praised for bitching about a company that is still doing something right when anyone else would get booed our of the forums. Amazing...

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I think that's the first time I've taken issue with a blue reply this expansion but I find it incredibly silly to reply to "I don't need any visual reduction." with "You do."
    Because you don´t understand what he is saying. Even if all the clutter causes no FPS problems on your computer, the fact that there are so many layers of graphics on top of each other makes it impossible to see what is dangerous on the ground. If you are melee dps, and stacked with 8 other melee dps, you absolutely cannot see the range of some aoe abilities.

They are decluttering not only to help people with poor FPS, but also to help players see what is important for their characters to see. To see things on the ground that your character needs to react to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    2 things:

1) pretty sure there was some of this same phenomena with star wars
    But that is the thing. Blizzard is ALWAYS releasing new information.

Like I said, if Wildstar had been released this past week, these same idiots would be here screaming about how Blizzard released NE-female artwork as a counter to Wildstar. Or maybe Blizzard sold Blizzcon tickets so people wouldn´t have money to spend on Wildstar.

The only time WOW goes ´quiet´ is when Blizzard is releasing a different game. WOW went quiet for about 3 weeks around the time that the Diablo Expansion launched. They didn´t want to steal their thunder. It is funny how people find connections. One person.. I kid you not.. even suggested that Blizzard released the Diablo expansion in order to counter a Wildstar free weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    hah that guy wins. He is the maddest of all. Cracked me up.

Apparently being late on an xpac is the same as: "f--- them right up the a-- ... f---ing dry with a 12 and a half inch spiky dildo." :P

I'm sorry but I can't take this whining seriously.
    Then you obviously missed the point of the video. It is far less to do about the expansion being "late" and everything to do with the giant void of content Blizzard seem to have absolutely no problem in serving up to it's already-shrinking player-base.

The continually slipping of WoD's release would be far, FAR easier to swallow if there was something to actually DO between now and then. We get told 5.5 is cancelled and no further content patches can occur because its all hand's on deck for WoD. We even get told by GC pre-departure (which is starting to make more and more sense now...) that the beta is closer than we think. Fast forward to frigging May 2014 and we STILL have absolutely nothing since Blizzcon last year to show for it. No content, no release date, no sign of even the bloody beta which alone should take 4-6 months at best.

I've already cancelled my WoW sub purely due to Blizzard's complete apathy on the subject and honestly hope others do the same. Not because I want to see WoW fail but for the exact opposite reason; I want Blizzard to actually give a damn about its game and its player-base again but the bottom line seems to be pretty much all they listen to these days. Will WoD win me back? Believe it or not, I honestly hope it does. But like the video says, it is going to have to be goddamn magical if it has any hope of even preserving current subscription numbers let alone actually win any back. I am following news on WoD's development very closely and while I can see a fair few gems in it I like, it really lacks the overall "Wow" factor (no pun intended) WotLK, Cata and even to an extent, MoP had. With that in mind, heaven help Blizzard if they expect to win back far less "in the know" former-subscribers. I mean think about it; if you were a far more casual former WoW player and had a cursory look over what WoD has to offer, what would you see? BC part II, not-player housing and...what? The inability to fly, for better or worse?

Obviously there is far more to WoD than that alone but Blizzard seem far more interested in marketing stupid fake reality crap about poorly designed motorcycles than they are marking/actually releasing this expansion. To top it off, they seem ESPECIALLY more interested in that than doing pretty much anything whatsoever to appease the growing discontent among those still paying to play.

...And in that lies the core of the problem.
    Last edited by Torais; 2014-05-18 at 07:20 AM.

The video is some of the whiniest bitching I've ever heard. The only thing I agreed with is that the cancellation of patch 5.5 is BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Crembrole View Post
    The video is some of the whiniest bitching I've ever heard. The only thing I agreed with is that the cancellation of patch 5.5 is BS.
    ...That was pretty much the entire point of video; no content for 50% of an expansions life-cycle is downright insulting.