Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Vanilla and TBC was a really good coming together of minds, to make an incredible video game.

Anyone that experienced that era, is so spoiled now. We were lucky to have played it, but now everything is just lacking compared to it.
    It was fun...but there isn't much now that is lacking when compared to it.

There is simply more to do.
    The raiding are more challenging.
    There are raiding options for all classes of players.
    There is just more stuff to do.
    Specs are more viable in more situations
    A lot of the tedious portions of the game have been reduced (tho some people like tedious)
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Back in BC I was 16~, WoW was still THE game to play for most of my friends and I sure weren't as experienced as I am now. Sure had a lot of time for it too.
    Time has changed and so have you.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Burning Crusade was overrated. I had more fun in WotLK. Its funny to watch people on here froth that anyone who isn't type-2 diabetic nerd can enjoy end-game content unlike in classic and early BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but the fun you had was because the game was still fresh and new, not because it was better.

Raiding today is miles ahead of what it was in BC (Heroic, normal/lfr/flex don't count).
    QFT, people tend to remember positive things better then the negative stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    (Expansion_current) was overrated. I had more fun in (Expansion_next). Its funny to watch people on here froth that anyone who isn't type-2 diabetic nerd can enjoy end-game content unlike in classic and early BC.
    I've solved your riddle.

I had fun too...until I knew better and realized that BC was a major grind fest that took way too much time to get anything meaningful accomplished.

Glad those days are over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    Go play on a Private TBC server then. Also, your guild SUCKED Donkey balls. We cleared Kara in 1st week without any problems what so ever.
    stop lying.
    i did kara on a hc raiding guild and i remember the dragon and other cute trash mobs

Quote Originally Posted by gamingmuscle View Post
    It was fun...but there isn't much now that is lacking when compared to it.

There is simply more to do.
    The raiding are more challenging.
    There are raiding options for all classes of players.
    There is just more stuff to do.
    Specs are more viable in more situations
    A lot of the tedious portions of the game have been reduced (tho some people like tedious)

Besides raiding...where is there more stuff to do? Hopefully you do not mean pet battles? Seriously, I cannot find examples where there is more to do than what BC offered, please enlighten me.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but the fun you had was because the game was still fresh and new, not because it was better.

Raiding today is miles ahead of what it was in BC (Heroic, normal/lfr/flex don't count).
    Ok so when I played on Vanilla server about 2 years ago, the fun I had while leveling to 60, earning things, meeting people, traveling, doing quests DESPITE remembering most of the stuff and having websites to check on other, that fun wasn't real?

The fun that I haven't felt in last too many years playing on blizz servers wasn't actually real because game is 'better' now?

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    I think that feeling we all got whem playing back in vanilla or BC, is something that can never be replicated ever again by Blizz or by an another new and aspiring MMO.
    The fresh feeling of starting something you knew was amazing from the initial 10 mins of playing is almost impossible to find now in another MMO.
    Friends and pvp is what is keeping me hooked, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What a weird sentiment... The only person stopping you from having fun is....well you.
    I wish more people thought like this.

If you were doing anyhting else than World of Warcraft and you got bored at it after a while you would quit. Yet everyone keeps beeing "stuck" never beeing able to move on and finding something else they actually enjoy, I promise you could find something if you just looked.

Nostalgica, the best thing that happend to WoW: Oh vanilla was sooo much better, TBC was soooo much better. Try to travel back in time, and play those outdated old games, with shitty boss encounters (looking at Vanilla, where the only challenge was to get 40 people to log in on raid day). Yeah, I did love TBC and Vanilla, but most likely because I got so many good memories from then. Nothing realy mattered and I did as I wanted, not now when I feel a "need" to do LFR on my alts so I can go normals on them aswell.
    And another thing - the game was a new game back then, you've said you've played it for 8.5 years - thats the main reason you dont find it amusing anymore. Is there any other game you've played for 8.5 years? Guess not.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shouri View Post
    You know there are those lucrative private servers just for people like you OP!
    I used to think vanilla was amazing.

I went to a 100% basic vanilla server.

Quit after a week because I remember how shitty was was.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    I used to think vanilla was amazing.

I went to a 100% basic vanilla server.

Quit after a week because I remember how shitty was was.
    Did the same thing, with normal lvling speed. Never even got to lvl 40 I think before I quit, so darn boring and grindy. And lvl 60 isnt much better anyways. Same with TBC, its not as awesome as we remember it was.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Nobody will ever convince me that not being able to access half the game you pay for and continue to pay for "exclusivity" is fun or a good business model. I love having heroics dungeons that just fall over. I love being able to grind out an entire heirloom set in an afternoon from justice points I get from running said heroics. I love not having anyone look at my gear and critique me as to whether or not I bring any value to the dungeon or raid they want to run. I feel this game forces you to try and please others more so then just having fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla for me was like when I would unbox all new computer parts and assemble the top of the line Gaming Desktop with all new, fresh stuff.

TBC was the purchase of the best of the best video cards, which felt like the biggest component of my new computer.

WotLK was me replacing the HDD to a SSD. Neat but less overall excitement. Cata I upgraded 1600mhz RAM to 1866mhz RAM, cool stuff but the fresh feeling went away quickly.

MoP I replaced the motherboard. It has a different color glow which bugs me but it was an upgrade.

I keep upgrading components to this Desktop, but nothing felt as rewarding as when I first assembled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    Did the same thing, with normal lvling speed. Never even got to lvl 40 I think before I quit, so darn boring and grindy. And lvl 60 isnt much better anyways. Same with TBC, its not as awesome as we remember it was.
    I had the exact opposite reaction, fucking loved it.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I had the exact opposite reaction, fucking loved it.
    I dont see what there is to love about grinding for months to get to max lvl, in vanilla everything was pretty much about how much time you devoted to get it. Be good in PvP? Well, get good gear and be good (One shotting people was freaking fun as a rogue though^^). I mostly played PvP and the way to get higher ranks/gear, was to play like 10 hours a day, and then 15 hours a day if you wanted rank 14.
    Things are more relaxed now, more 'casual' as people say, and I would dare to say thats a good thing, I'm glad I can log in, do my raid, log out after 3 hours. Then spend a couple of hours one day to farm gold/materials/rep/what ever I need before next raid. Insted of Vanilla, where 40 man had to go Maraudon (not sure about spelling) to get that NR chest piece for that fight in AQ40, and so on.

But dont get me wrong, I both miss Vanilla/TBC/WotLK and I'm glad to have moved on. And the best thing, everyone can have their own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomthulsa View Post
    Burning Crusade was overrated. I had more fun in WotLK. Its funny to watch people on here froth that anyone who isn't type-2 diabetic nerd can enjoy end-game content unlike in classic and early BC.
    Ah the classic

"anybody who's above me is a no life nerd"
    "anybody who's worse than me is a nothing scrub"

argument.

Yeah, you're chatting shit. I managed to kill Illidan and get into Sunwell in TBC without needing to dedicate my life to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    I dont see what there is to love about grinding for months to get to max lvl, in vanilla everything was pretty much about how much time you devoted to get it. Be good in PvP? Well, get good gear and be good (One shotting people was freaking fun as a rogue though^^). I mostly played PvP and the way to get higher ranks/gear, was to play like 10 hours a day, and then 15 hours a day if you wanted rank 14.
    Things are more relaxed now, more 'casual' as people say, and I would dare to say thats a good thing, I'm glad I can log in, do my raid, log out after 3 hours. Then spend a couple of hours one day to farm gold/materials/rep/what ever I need before next raid. Insted of Vanilla, where 40 man had to go Maraudon (not sure about spelling) to get that NR chest piece for that fight in AQ40, and so on.

But dont get me wrong, I both miss Vanilla/TBC/WotLK and I'm glad to have moved on. And the best thing, everyone can have their own opinion.
    The leveling in vanilla felt more "free", and more like a journey than now.

It felt like an open world where you could do what you wanted when you wanted.

Now it's:
    -Enter zone A
    -On rails through a quest line until end
    -Probably don't see end anyway as you outlevel zone

I felt a lot more freedom with my leveling in Vanilla, now it's just Blizzard pushing players from quest line to quest line. The game feels more like CoD now where you're just pushed down a tunnel constantly, player choice is very very small now compared to what it used to be, the RPG feeling isn't as strong now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyr View Post
    normal/lfr/flex don't count........ just their existence puts raiding miles BEHIND where the game was AT LAUNCH
    This is so far from accurate I don't even know where to start.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    Ah the classic

"anybody who's above me is a no life nerd"
    "anybody who's worse than me is a nothing scrub"

argument.

Yeah, you're chatting shit.
    Re-read what he said. He actually said the opposite of what you're implying. He's saying its good you can play end game at multiple skill or commitment levels.