Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Did bonus upgrades help your raid team get past your current boss progression?

Out of curiosity was the ability to upgrade 8 pieces of gear this week make your current 'wall' beatable?

Its hard to say. We managed to finally down H Sha this week (10 man) after working on it for a few weeks. However, we did it with 2 pugs. So either the ilvl boost helped, we refined our strategy, or the pugs are better than our regular raiders. But in any case he's dead.

Not really, but we've only started on hc siegecrafter. 99 wipes in and we got him to 19%, so I guess one could say it's going quite alright. But before this week we'd only had 30ish pulls.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Hopefully night 3 of raiding this week will be different. The bosses we already have on farm went down a lot faster / easier though.

We didn't actually have a "wall" as we were progressing on HC Garrosh, it made the dps checks a LOT easier.

We can beat the second warsong most times and I think we'd be able to push him without the second transition quite easily too, we generally stopped about 11% on a decent attempt. Our main problem was a different comp on the day we had so the p1 transition was a ballsup on many attempts.

I also know a guild that had a lot of wipes on Paragons HC, I think they one shot it this week after the reset. Granted they were close to a kill but I think gear makes that fight way easier.

The item upgrades won't get you past "walls". At this point in the game you already tend to overgear heroic bosses before the item upgrade patch, so if you are stuck at one it is a PEBKAC problem. Gear will make it easier yes and will make DPS checks more lenient, but the reason you're stuck has more to do with execution and player skill than ilvl. Either way, it's nice for making farm status easier.

We've been working on H Garrosh for months now, and we were actually able to push the 2nd phase before we went into the 2nd realm. It allowed us to only deal with a couple empowered whirls during phase 3, now we have to learn phase 4. Joy!

we went from nearly killing h garrosh in p4 to killing him with multiple fuckups so

hooray buff

Deleted
    Yes, over 500 pulls on HC Siegecrafter 10 man, been stuck there since February.

This week on wednesday we oneshot every single farm boss (a part from a wipe on Protectors) and killed Siegecrafter within 5 pulls like it was nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post

This week on wednesday we oneshot every single farm boss (a part from a wipe on Protectors) and killed Siegecrafter within 5 pulls like it was nothing.
    That cant be right, Lesane clearly said above more gear won't get you past walls! :P

Quote Originally Posted by beNN View Post

Wow, it is amazing you guys kept going 3+ months of wiping on one boss is almost always a death sentence for the raid.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    The item upgrades won't get you past "walls". At this point in the game you already tend to overgear heroic bosses before the item upgrade patch, so if you are stuck at one it is a PEBKAC problem. Gear will make it easier yes and will make DPS checks more lenient, but the reason you're stuck has more to do with execution and player skill than ilvl. Either way, it's nice for making farm status easier.
    In some cases, the DPS check can let you go back down to 3 healers making their job easier (which helps if your healers are your weakest links, anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    That cant be right, Lesane clearly said above more gear won't get you past walls! :P
    Them killing Blackfuse probably has very little to do with the item upgrades. Siegecrafter is almost entirely execution. The only way I can see a higher ilvl make the fight easier is if it allows your DPS to solo belts instead of duo them. Either that or the stamina increase allows you to fail more on dodging mechanics, but I doubt that was the case. As he mentioned they already had a shitload of wipes on it, probably the patch just motivated people to play (properly) again and that allowed them to get past it.

Them killing Blackfuse probably has very little to do with the item upgrades. Siegecrafter is almost entirely execution. The only way I can see a higher ilvl make the fight easier is if it allows your DPS to solo belts instead of duo them. Either that or the stamina increase allows you to fail more on dodging mechanics, but I doubt that was the case. As he mentioned they already had a shitload of wipes on it, probably the patch just motivated people to play (properly) again and that allowed them to get past it.
    What changed between 500 wipes and the kill? A chunky gear upgrade, that what. Fair to say the gear played a large part isn't it? Easier AoE of mines, shredders and belts die easier, more ticks of poop before you die. All gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Wow, it is amazing you guys kept going 3+ months of wiping on one boss is almost always a death sentence for the raid.
    We've been raiding together since WotLK, more or less. So I don't think a bit of wiping will make us decide to stop

Yes I don't think the item upgrade was the only reason we finally killed Blackfuse. Mainly mines were just melting even with a ranged dps busy kiting laser and the boss just died really quickly making everything easier.
    Last edited by mmocdf563b865a; 2014-05-23 at 12:41 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course better gear is going to help a lot on beating difficult bosses. Doing mechanics isn't what makes heroics hard. It's doing mechanics while maintaining a very high throughput of damage and healing.

Fights are made considerably easier by doing more damage alone. Adds die faster. Adds which often have mechanics you don't want to deal with. The boss also dies faster, which means that you don't have to concentrate for as long, leaving you less time to mess up. Increased healing/survivability also lets you fail mechanics a bit more before it is a wipe.

To think that a gear upgrade like this isn't going to help people get past bosses they have been stuck on is beyond me.

Our first H Paragons attempts were this week. We killed it after 40 pulls. Definitely looks like we benefited on the surface, but we had a 556 hunter casual in on out kill instead of our normal 578 hunter who had to miss raid due to a graduation party. Only a couple people were actually valor capped too, so the rest got significantly fewer than 6-8 fully upgraded pieces before raid.

one night clear lol. Going to be great for alt runs and mount sales.
    Oceanic spriest, thanks blizz for giving us aus servers. 9/9 mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.. The servers where fucked so I couldn't raid. Going tonight although I wasn't capped and I run a pug so I doubt it will make much difference.