[Ret] I will survival - Eternal flame vs Selfless Healer

So ive been playing around with these 2 and both have their respective pros and cons. Eternal Flame I find is great for solo survival. That extra HoT while using your HP for dps is a welcomed addition, the hot crits are nice to.

Selfless healer however might still be the way to go for competitive arena pvp? What are your thoughts?

Has anyone tried sacred shield now that its entire duration is un-dispellable?

There's no choice in that tier for PVP: Selfless Healer. Just like there's no choice in the level 60 talent tier for pvp. Clemency, always.

Eternal Flame is much better than it was. However I don't like the way it works. It makes you feel like you have to spend your holy power on it instead of Tv even if you aren't taking that much damage just so you can get the Hot rolling.

Selfless Healer is a lot better in my opinion. Since Flash of light actually heals for something now it is really good for self healing.

Nothing beats Selfless healer in terms of off healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    There's no choice in that tier for PVP: Selfless Healer. Just like there's no choice in the level 60 talent tier for pvp. Clemency, always.
    eh, i've gotten a lot of use out of sacred shield lately. i helps a tiny bit when being trained, where i've found SH can often be useless when you die in stuns, SS procing at the right time can mitigate a lot of damage.

it really need to be a better 'selfish' alternative then SH though.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    , where i've found SH can often be useless when you die in stuns, .

Yeah ive found this as well. And considering the amount of stuns in pvp these days.... Eternal flame is nice in that its still ticking away while your feared or stunned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Selfless Healer definitely.

-Flame can be dispelled or spell stolen while its hard to keep dispelling SH stacking buff.
    -Off heal with SH is much much better than flame.
    -Unlike flame, with SH you dont have to wog to get the benefit. Talent will give you an instant heal every ~18 second even when you're going full damage.
    -SH can be used at 1 or 2 stacks. Using Flame with less than 3 hopo will replace your stronger hot with a lesser one. Flame is less flexible.
    -Burst heal is better than a hot in this current form of pvp.

For me the only tier i'll be switching is the level 30 one, Fist vs Burden. All other 5 talents are set in stone for pvp.

Just experimenting, but EF with Seal of Insight keeps the heals rolling. Not saying it is anything great, but Just trying some things out.

Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    eh, i've gotten a lot of use out of sacred shield lately. i helps a tiny bit when being trained, where i've found SH can often be useless when you die in stuns, SS procing at the right time can mitigate a lot of damage.

it really need to be a better 'selfish' alternative then SH though.
    Nothing is going to help you if you die in a stun; it's over at that point and Sacred Shield won't help you overcome that momentum for how little of a shield it gives you. If you're in group pvp of any kind, more hand of sacrifices for dispelling CC on your healer when you're going to die otherwise are competely mandatory.

I've had some issues with Selfless Healer lately because of things like Hammer of Wrath spam. Not only that but sometimes I find myself having to just escape or leave combat temporarily, and unfortunately Selfless Healer doesn't do anything when you aren't fighting. I mostly pick it out of laziness.

Eternal Flame is pretty handy though. I've seen critical HoT ticks for around 20,000. My least favorite is probably Sacred Shield because it eats up an extra GCD, something I usually just don't want to afford in the thick of things.

Resurrecting that old post. Can Eternal flame be a better option now ? I don't know if it has been hotfixed yet, but I have the feeling that it's working well. Maybe it's just an impression, but I find it great for survival purposes.

What do you think about EF with the Sword of light buff : is it a viable option ?

Any ret that spends his/her HP on anything but damage, is no ret friend of mine. EVAHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Relimash View Post
    Any ret that spends his/her HP on anything but damage, is no ret friend of mine. EVAHHH
    From my point of view, once dead, you do no damage ...

Quote Originally Posted by Strear View Post
    From my point of view, once dead, you do no damage ...
    Heal with instant FoL? I'm down.
    One global no hp > one global 3hp. The math is simple

We're talking about survival in a PVP context, which can be very varied, and I'm simply wondering if it can be a better option to survive. I have the feeling that the hot is great, but as I said, that's might just be an impression.

The hot is garbage, in pvp it's also garbage. SH is the best talent choice all around really. In pvp you'll get more healing out of picking SH and going with the right glyphs

End of story