Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    I think it's a moot point, unless you're talking about Timeless Isle gear, and below, since there isn't any gear (certainly not high-end) where the mastery > haste > crit priority would see you reforging haste into mastery. It would always be some other stat into mastery, leaving the haste alone.

Maybe perhaps the TED trinket, if you were going to reforge some mastery into haste, but that's the only one I can think of.
    Basically, haste scales FET very well and mastery does nothing for it, Mastery scales everything else better than haste. If you can manipulate or know in advance the exact fight timings, there are some very specific breakpoints in which if you went all out haste, it would outdo mastery specifically on single target, but the variables and risks in doing so is never going to be worth it.

tl;dr it is technically up to preferrence post-assurance and in high end gear but mastery will almost guaranteeably be more reliable and pump more damage.

Deleted
    Any chance of this guide being updated?

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Basically, haste scales FET very well and mastery does nothing for it, Mastery scales everything else better than haste. If you can manipulate or know in advance the exact fight timings, there are some very specific breakpoints in which if you went all out haste, it would outdo mastery specifically on single target, but the variables and risks in doing so is never going to be worth it.

tl;dr it is technically up to preferrence post-assurance and in high end gear but mastery will almost guaranteeably be more reliable and pump more damage.
    I think you're arguing a different point than I was.

Also, while I agree with you in theory, I maintain that, in practice, it's not preference between haste and mastery, at high gear levels (unless you're arguing gemming, which would mean you're arguing a separate point from mine). If you're following either mastery > haste > crit, or haste=mastery > crit, then at high gear levels, you can't reforge mastery into haste, on the available pieces (excepting the TED trinket).

Let's look at the combos, for me to better illustrate the point I was trying to make, in regard to 553 and later gear:

Hit/Exp = reforge out of one
    Hit/Crit = reforge out of hit
    Hit/Haste = reforge out of hit
    Hit/Mastery = reforge out of hit
    Exp/Crit = reforge out of exp
    Exp/Haste = reforge out of exp
    Exp/Mastery = reforge out of exp
    Crit/Haste = reforge out of crit
    Crit/Mastery = reforge out of crit
    Haste/Mastery = leave it the hell alone

In none of these combos, can you reforge mastery into haste, with either reforge priority. Again, TED trinket is the only piece of gear that I can think of, that would let you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evela View Post
    Any chance of this guide being updated?
    I very highly doubt it. Is there anything specific you're looking for?

I think you're arguing a different point than I was.

Also, while I agree with you in theory, I maintain that, in practice, it's not preference between haste and mastery, at high gear levels (unless you're arguing gemming, which would mean you're arguing a separate point from mine). If you're following either mastery > haste > crit, or haste=mastery > crit, then at high gear levels, you can't reforge mastery into haste, on the available pieces (excepting the TED trinket).

Let's look at the combos, for me to better illustrate the point I was trying to make, in regard to 553 and later gear:

Hit/Exp = reforge out of one
    Hit/Crit = reforge out of hit
    Hit/Haste = reforge out of hit
    Hit/Mastery = reforge out of hit
    Exp/Crit = reforge out of exp
    Exp/Haste = reforge out of exp
    Exp/Mastery = reforge out of exp
    Crit/Haste = reforge out of crit
    Crit/Mastery = reforge out of crit
    Haste/Mastery = leave it the hell alone

In none of these combos, can you reforge mastery into haste, with either reforge priority. Again, TED trinket is the only piece of gear that I can think of, that would let you.

- - - Updated - - -

I very highly doubt it. Is there anything specific you're looking for?
    The only point I was ever arguing is which stat theoretically is performing the highest. Being unable to actually prefer one or the other in the gear we have available to us now pretty much only comes down to which gems you put in if you actually look at what stat is available, but that's not always the case with itemization. It was mostly just an analysis of how the stats operate this tier in higher end gear than an actual look at how you would go about maximizing them.

Is windsong reasonable at this point?

What do you mean by "At this point" ?

Quote Originally Posted by Toroc View Post
    Is windsong reasonable at this point?
    Windsong is the best enchantment for "lower-level" gear.

Exactly what constitutes "lower-level" is up to you. For me, if I were leveling a new shaman, I'd put windsong on anything that I thought I'd be replacing "soon." Once I felt like my gear was stabilized, and I was ready for raiding, then I'd use either Dancing Steel, or Jade Spirit (depending on spec).

Dancing Steel and Jade Spirit remain superior enchantments to Windsong.

Just to be sure the "don't stack haste buffs" remains: as a troll shaman you want to hold on Berserking while Bloodlust lasts, right? (same deal with EM)
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Just to be sure the "don't stack haste buffs" remains: as a troll shaman you want to hold on Berserking while Bloodlust lasts, right? (same deal with EM)
    That's a caster problem with GCD capping. Enhancement doesn't lose anything from stacking as many as possible.

Oh really? Good thing I asked then.

And sice we're at it, it doesn't matter when I use it because pets scale dinamically now right? Or should I time the use before the elemental so it snapshots the haste?
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    it doesn't matter when I use it because pets scale dinamically now right?
    Correct. The pet will benefit from the buff whether it was cast before or after the pet was summoned, so long as their durations have some amount of overlap.

Has anyone tried seeing if Windsong is a dps increase with 570+ gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Razaron View Post
    Has anyone tried seeing if Windsong is a dps increase with 570+ gear?
    I don't have a definite answer for you, but here is what Purge wrote, when he did the enhancement guide on totemspot:

At low gear levels, elemental force and windsong are somewhat competitive with each other as cheap alternatives to dancing steel (you sacrifice performance for a less expensive enchant); however, that relationship tilts in favor of windsong at whenever you're AOEing and/or higher gear levels due to an increased emphasis on secondary stat value. It remains to be seen whether or not windsong can outscale dancing steel at super-high gear levels (T16+), although that doesn't appear to be likely at this time, given the size of the current gap.
    Also, the following was a link that I pulled up (and apparently posted in, back when), on mmo-champ:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cs-for-Enhance

If you're good with SimC, you could work up a profile and test it out. For me, I'm mostly certain that DS/DS > DS/WS or WS/WS.

10+ Year Old Account
    P.S. Thanks for not answering at all in 3 days. I found out already.
    Last edited by Koohii; 2014-06-25 at 04:29 PM. Reason: People can't answer one question in a timely fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Koohii View Post
    P.S. Thanks for not answering at all in 3 days. I found out already.
    A couple of FYIs:

1. Nobody on this forum is obligated to respond to your questions, in any amount of time.. Are you somehow suffering under the delusion that we work for you?

2. Self-entitlement attitudes will get you ignored.

3. You could have simply reposted the question.

4. I went back to page 14, and didn't see any other posts from you.

4. I went back to page 14, and didn't see any other posts from you.
    It's the same post, it was edited 2 days after posting. Sorta funny he says 3 days when it was less than 48 hours though

@Koohii if you want help you're better making your own thread or posting in another active thread instead of a sticky. I and it seems a majority of other posters just outright ignore sticky threads on these forums unless they specifically want an answer from the thread.

If you made a new topic it'd appear with it's own title in the shaman board and is much more likely to be answered. Regardless, I doubt anyone who saw this little tantrum would bother now.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-06-28 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

So very odd question, but I currently play resto and ele, but building a enhance set for fun, currently I have no agi weps, but I am sitting on a Malkorok's Skullcleaver 553 and a Siegecrafter's Forge Hammer 553, xmog fun, but my question is this. You guys think I could mess with enhance with these weps? Or will the str mess with my dps to much to actually give me a good feel of the spec?

Thanks !

Jeric

If you already have em, put em on and find out. It'll be sub-optimal, but it's better than using your fists.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeric View Post
    So very odd question, but I currently play resto and ele, but building a enhance set for fun, currently I have no agi weps, but I am sitting on a Malkorok's Skullcleaver 553 and a Siegecrafter's Forge Hammer 553, xmog fun, but my question is this. You guys think I could mess with enhance with these weps? Or will the str mess with my dps to much to actually give me a good feel of the spec?

Thanks !

Jeric
    The weapon damage alone will make them better than a lot of lower ilvl agi weapons.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Jeric, pretty much what the two guys above me said, but here's a couple of details, to frame Agi vs. Str weaps, for Enh:

- slow weapon speed (2.60) is much more important than the Agi or Str on the weapon.

- Enh still gets 1 AP per point of Str.

- The only thing making Agi better is that Agi gives 2 AP per point, plus a small amount of Crit.