Thread: WoWDB Feedback

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    Also, as something to add to the feedback list: there ought to be a means of reporting a screenshot directly from the WoWDB page it's located on. It isn't needed right now, but it will be a good thing to have in the future.
    That's actually a really good idea and I'd disagree that it isn't needed right now. You and Alayea have pinged me numerous times on IRC after discovering stolen screenshots. That's great when you discover them, but pretty sure most people don't care enough to jump on to IRC to let us know to take it down. A report function would be useful.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, managed to make it to page 8!

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    That's actually a really good idea and I'd disagree that it isn't needed right now. You and Alayea have pinged me numerous times on IRC after discovering stolen screenshots. That's great when you discover them, but pretty sure most people don't care enough to jump on to IRC to let us know to take it down. A report function would be useful.
    Sorry, I meant that the need is not quite as pressing right now - since there aren't many submitters and there are plenty of mods to handle screenshots - as it will be in the long-term. It's still very important, though.

---
    More suggestions:

I would like for screenshot captions to display the full caption when moused-over or perhaps when at full zoom. As it is now, a person is left to guess what the screenshot submitter wrote. Example: screenshot for quest "Tragedy and Family". Implemented.

Related to this request: I've noticed that a screenshot is given a number string followed by file type in the caption section when the submitter does not supply their own caption. I would love to see this go away. It doesn't serve any use for the general user and looks... ugly. Example: Nalak.
    Last edited by Somarlane; 2016-01-12 at 06:04 PM. Reason: update
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing that has been an inconvenience since WoWDB began is that it doesn't show the (logged-in) user what he or she has already voted on. It is irksome to vote a comment, only to see a decrease in total positive votes instead of an increase. The back-end obviously knows what I have and have not voted up/down; it'd be nice if the front-end (a.k.a. what the user sees displayed) would show this.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliok View Post
    Another thing that has been an inconvenience since WoWDB began is that it doesn't show the (logged-in) user what he or she has already voted on. It is irksome to vote a comment, only to see a decrease in total positive votes instead of an increase. The back-end obviously knows what I have and have not voted up/down; it'd be nice if the front-end (a.k.a. what the user sees displayed) would show this.
    I think you can tell. The colouring of the arrows is different between voted and non-voted I think. I don't recall exactly. I want to say if you haven't voted, both arrows are green, but if you've voted already, only one is (the one you've hit)... or perhaps the opposite. In any case, I think it does show, it's just not obvious or intuitive and also I accidentally unvote my votes all the time just like you say.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Something may have broken on WoWDB. I searched using the terms "stable master" and clicked the NPC tab for the results. http://www.wowdb.com/search?search=s...master#t1:npcs

There is no pagination (checked with FireFox and Chrome). The Next and Previous page buttons are still there, so it's still possible to navigate through the results.
    2021-09-21

Deleted
    It's all about the comments and well wowhead has you beat, everything else is just fluff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow, the page for the mount spell for Ashes of Al'ar has gained a Discoveries tab... http://www.wowdb.com/spells/40192-as...ed:discoveries
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowdb.com/world-events/51...sary?comment=4

There is something really odd occurring with a comment I posted today. The beta link was not parsing correctly for some reason. It remained a direct URL, was including the period, and displaying (and tying it into the hyperlink) one of the spaces as the HTML code that represents a non-breaking space. I tried fixing this by bolding the hyperlink. It partly worked, in that the hyperlinked period and   disappeared, but the site still was not displaying "Hogs". I attempted more editing, and now my comment is just plain messed up. The site is duplicating part of the post's content and nothing I do will get rid of it.

---

Also, when will WoWDB be fixed so that it displays the correct patch on comments? It's still showing Patch 5.4.2.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    Another comment on the beta side of WoWDB that is messed up. http://beta.wowdb.com/items/113670-m...rmur?comment=1

Same formatting and erroneous duplication problems.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been working on the Patch 4.2 legendary staff quest line for a long while now. Especially the "Delegation" part of it, which is why I'm here. It would be an important QoL change if I could just preview my WoWDB comments, saving me from having to spend time on going back and forth with editing.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I've been working on the Patch 4.2 legendary staff quest line for a long while now. Especially the "Delegation" part of it, which is why I'm here. It would be an important QoL change if I could just preview my WoWDB comments, saving me from having to spend time on going back and forth with editing.
    I agree, a preview setting would be nice.

I am pretty sure the software is capable of it, since other Curse sites have it.

| twitch | bsky
    |

I think the obvious was pointed, the white team is well, white.

And the obvious lack of comments which is pretty much 99% of the reason you go to wowhead for.

Plus the tooltips, I was kind of surprised the other day when I tried to put an item urll from wowdb here on forums and it didn't transform automatically into an item with a tooltip. I was pretty sure it worked at some point.

There is no tooltip in the instant search results, which is not really useful when you see 4 times the same text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Plus the tooltips, I was kind of surprised the other day when I tried to put an item urll from wowdb here on forums and it didn't transform automatically into an item with a tooltip. I was pretty sure it worked at some point.

There is no tooltip in the instant search results, which is not really useful when you see 4 times the same text.
    Did you try to copy it straight from the URL field? If you don't C&P from "Forum link" under the Quick Info box, it will still display the tooltip but not parse into the actual name of the item / NPC / quest / whatever.

As for the instant search results, I didn't raise anything about it because I felt it was something on my end. I would use my sibling's computer using the same web browser and it worked fine, but strangely not on my computer. Anymore, I've been ignoring the instant search results and doing the full search. Even doing that, it's still faster than using the frequently-lumbering Wowhead website.
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    The extreme slow loading of pages during the process of uploading a screenshot to the beta side of WoWDB is very frustrating. It's been happening the last few days, and it isn't just me. Most of the time, the web site takes too long to respond and CloudFlare throws up an error. Even more frustrating, this problem appears to have begun affecting the live version of WoWDB - though not nearly as bad. Is there something being done in the background on the database that might be creating this upload problem for users?

---

Unrelated to the above: I've noticed that the model viewer is not rendering all the textures for Doomulus Prime.

---

And yes, I would dearly love to be able to preview my posts before submitting them.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently the superscript tag isn't being parsed correctly...? http://www.wowdb.com/items/88801-fli...able?comment=1

It appears just fine in the WYSIWYG editor, though.
    2021-09-21

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be great if WoWDB could retain the visual indicator for whether you up-voted a comment or not. It's annoying coming back to one, not remembering if you voted on it or not, and then do some clicking just to make certain that you did.
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    It'd be great if WoWDB could retain the visual indicator for whether you up-voted a comment or not. It's annoying coming back to one, not remembering if you voted on it or not, and then do some clicking just to make certain that you did.
    It should. If you've voted, the arrow for the way you've voted will be green rather than a shade of grey.

Voting doesn't work for me right now, but the voting indicators do.

(I voted for yours, but not for mine)
    Last edited by Tziva; 2014-11-03 at 01:56 AM.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Hello,

You can't compete with WoWhead's informational comments. Why do people read comments? More in depth information that isn't typically stored in a database.

Have a "related discussions" section on each item page that searches this forum's meta.

I suggest integrating MMO-Champion's intelligent community, effortlessly allowing them to help populate the database pages with valuable information.

Also, you should start branching out to other add ons that data mine and create partnerships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Have a "related discussions" section on each item page that searches this forum's meta.
    That is a really cool idea, but I have no idea how possible it would be to implement in reality. But I think it's a super interesting idea in theory!

| twitch | bsky
    |

Had this issue over at ask mr robot since they use your tooltip.

Hovered over tooltip for "Rot"

Spell Effects
    Periodic Damage - 6,975 every 1 sec
    Periodic Damage - 2,490 every 1 sec [LFR]
    Periodic Damage - 9,375 every 1 sec [Mythic]
    Periodic Damage - 4,980 every 1 sec [Normal]
    Periodic Damage - 6,975 every 1 sec [Heroic]
    Should probably sort them LFR < Normal < Heroic < Mythic