Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Obnoxious?

Blizzard is just getting started.

Expect a new item or more per patch for the rest of this game's history.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

i like being able to buy a cool mount from time to time. of course i like having to work hard for them too but once in awhile its fine with me to just buy one. i also disagree that the kor'kron juggernaut is lackluster. yeah it uses the same model as the guild scorpion but who cares...the mount is badass imo. galakras in kinda meh but still neat and the wolf is just...well a wolf. i personally like the fact that some of the mounts are designed right from some of the bosses in SoO. it makes them more recognizable. there are so many cloud serpent variants at this point that i cant remember which one comes from what. juggernaut and galakras are very obvious that they came from SoO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I think many people use the word "scale" the same way the smurfs use "smurf".

As someone who has played countless freemium MMOs, I find absolutely nothing obnoxiously in-your-face about a single, small button on the character selection screen.

Hell, 90% of the time, I'm not even looking at that side of my screen on the character selection screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    The store doesn't bother you in-game... ever. EQ and SWTOR both have the stores up front and center, always bugging you about going to it. WoW could do it as well but they do not. The store is there if you want to go on it, but for those who want nothing to do with it will not see it.
    In fairness those games do not ask players to pay the box price of the game plus expansions as well as a sub fee, so it is understandable that they would aggressively market their primary source of income to their players. Don't get me wrong, clearly, there is a demand that Blizzard are tapping into but unless people disable the launcher or reconfigure their UI they will see the store whether they like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    The other games HAD to make the switch because they cannot survive the subscription model *cough*SWTOR*cough*

Blizzard however, if you check sub number (minus Asian market players as they don't pay subs), times by the monthly sub cost, that is how much money they are getting, per month, on top of whatever selling in the store.

They are not doing that switch to F2P anytime soon, stop dreaming.
    There is nothing to suggest that SWTOR could not survive as a subscription based game it was simply more profitable for SWTOR to switch to different payment scheme.

I agree that at present there is absolutely no reason for Blizzard to reconsider their revenue model.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Your post is obnoxious, the store is about as in your face as carpet underfelt.
    Maybe you need new carpets?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Most of the money from Blizzard Store mounts/pets go to charity FYI.
    No it doesn't, FYI

I don't even notice the store exists in game apart from every few months when people get the new mount, use it for a few days before getting bored of it and going back to their older mounts.

If WoWs store is obnoxious then the rest of the MMO industry is belligerently offensive.

WoWs store is the cleanest and most unobtrusive of MMOs with external purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    There is nothing to suggest that SWTOR could not survive as a subscription based game it was simply more profitable for SWTOR to switch to different payment scheme.
    That's one of the things that bugs me about SWTOR. It probably could have survived as a subscription game, it just wouldn't have made the money the publisher wanted. And of course this resulted in them forcing the change to free to play, which caused the delay of a lot of features that were already in development and the possible cancellation of others.

*sigh*

So, OP, exactly which store items stop you from playing WoW? Which ones, if you do not possess them, stop you from logging in, or playing any part of the game? I haven't bought anything from the Blizzard store for at least a couple of years, and I can still log in, play the game, complete any raid I feel the urge to, fight in any battleground I choose, level any character to any level I want, and see any zone in the game. So please tell me - what I am doing differently than you, that I can do all that and you can't?
    Feel like you have a target on your back around here?

Knowing this place, you probably do.

Subscriptions are on a decline, and they need to make up the profits through the cash shop/account services. I expect we will see more mounts added through RaF/cash shop on a quarterly basis. And since there wasn't no major backlash from the selling of max level characters, I would say the doors are wide open for them to add more premium services to the game.

Putting stores into games you already pay a lot of money for is becoming a common thing... in WoW it isn't getting any different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ytlayol View Post
    Subscriptions are on a decline, and they need to make up the profits through the cash shop/account services. I expect we will see more mounts added through RaF/cash shop on a quarterly basis. And since there wasn't no major backlash from the selling of max level characters, I would say the doors are wide open for them to add more premium services to the game.
    Subs arnt on much of a decline at the moment, its pretty steady around the 7.6-7.8 mark

You know, there are enough real issues to discuss without tinfoil hatting a freaking store. The store is there BECAUSE THE PLAYERS ASKED FOR IT. Maybe not you or anyone who posts on forums, who account for far less than half of all of WoW's playerbase, but it WAS asked for. Hell, I even asked for it. Sometimes I want something without grinding for hours to get it and I'd rather throw my money at a store to be done with it.

Subs are not declining with any less regularity or predictability than they ever had. A simple look at statistics can tell you when and how many people will move on and join the game. Just because they sell some things doesn't mean they'll sell others. I mean, a Christian Store COULD sell satanic paraphernalia. That doesn't mean they will. BUT THEY COULD. The Blizzard Store COULD sell big screen tvs. They probably won't but they COULD.

Just because a company COULD do something, doesn't mean they will. Personally, I find your argument ignorant and obnoxious along with the other hundred threads about the exact same topic. I actually think these posts are more in your face than the store ever was and I don't even get anything from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, it's simply the change that sucks.

Going from earning your cool mounts with interesting in-game accomplishments to having most of the coolest-looking mounts require ZERO effort, simply throwing more money at a game we've already spent hundreds upon hundreds (many thousands, in my case) of money on already? It's pathetic, in my opinion.

Of course companies want to make more money - no shit, Sherlock. But in my opinion, make your money from keeping the game fun and interesting, and rewarding, instead of just nickel-and-diming your customers at every opportunity. When I was a boy, keeping your customers happy and content was more important than making a quick buck.

Can it be seen as greedy? Sure. Is it obnoxious? No. It's like 2 buttons and an ad on the launcher, not going to hinder a game experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Aligerous View Post
    With the recent appearance of the ravager and fiery horse store mounts (well, presumably), that brings the total number of mounts available for purchase to 9, not including their various other promotions (Digital Deluxe editions, SoR, Recruit-a-Friend, etc). This isn't really that big of deal, but it seems like they've started adding mounts A LOT more frequently lately.

Besides mounts and pets, they started adding more and more additional things to the shop. The transmog helms (which were and are way overpriced), the experience elixir and charm bag (for Asia only), and the Boost to 90. Plus, the store has become far more prominent and in-your-face - look at the addition of the in-game shop as well as the button allowing you to buy things on the character select screen.
    There is no reason to believe either of those mounts would go into the shop.
    The other promotions often have little to do with the store, and have always been there.

They have added more things to the shop, very slowly. The helms are priced, not overpriced, as they have no discernible value that can be compared, and there's only 3 helms. Asia has a different way they handle subscriptions and the fact that only Asia has those items when they could be rolled out over here says more about Blizzard holding back on micro-transactions. The boost to 90 will be needed with the massive amount of levels and time to get to max, and doesn't disturb you at all. The in-game button isn't obtrusive at all, and the character select one is so people who have yet to make a character can access it.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

I've literally never seen the store because I've chosen not to click it.

Get over your obsession with what other people have or stew in your misery by yourself rather than publicly.

10+ Year Old Account
    The store is ingame as well, but it isn't in your face or anything. It is 2 small buttons (Two).

The items there are made for there.

And really, stop being so paranoid about nothing. The store is there for a reason, you want it, you buy it. If you don't have the money, then you can with the new system, wish for it for christmas/birthday. If you can't do that, then it isn't overall a needed thing.

It is just an item made. And the two new mounts are completely unknown of the purpose.

Only way that you can see the store as a problem, is if your mind cannot prevent you from clicking the store button.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    That's some nice strawmanning, would expect better from a moderator.
    I'm not this forums Moderator. I am also another human just like everyone else here. Having a 'tag' doesn't mean I can't have opinions, and if anything, my opinion wasn't anything wrong or absurd.

The cash shop is there if you want it. If you don't want to buy anything from it- then don't. Its not a hard decision. Its not unfair or anything horrible that Blizzard is doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aligerous View Post
    With the recent appearance of the ravager and fiery horse store mounts (well, presumably), that brings the total number of mounts available for purchase to 9, not including their various other promotions (Digital Deluxe editions, SoR, Recruit-a-Friend, etc). This isn't really that big of deal, but it seems like they've started adding mounts A LOT more frequently lately.
    The store isn't nearly as obnoxious as people who keep whining about the store.

Also your opinion on which mounts hold up? Its just that. An opinion. Just because *you* feel that way does not make that a factual assessment of the state of mounts in the game, sorry.

There are already tons of topics from people crying about the store, not sure why you felt this post was important or unique enough (it isn't) to warrant yet another annoying whinefest on a forum filled with annoying whinefests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    The cash shop is there if you want it. If you don't want to buy anything from it- then don't. Its not a hard decision. Its not unfair or anything horrible that Blizzard is doing.
    Exactly. The OP chooses to ignore that fact sadly.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...croButton.html
    http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/store-begone

I did like the old buttons better and think it was lame to change it to add another store button - on on char select screen one on the button bar and one on the game menu popup.