Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Havic View Post
    Runestrike removal makes zero sense, especially when there telling me Death coil should replace it.... someone feel free to explain how that is even close to being a fair trade off...
    Um, because they both do the exact same thing and fulfill the exact same purpose. RP dump that procs rune regeneration talent. One is ranged and one isn't. One has flavor, one doesn't. The only thing that is bad about DC at the moment is that it doesn't proc some of the melee things that rune strike does, it's 40 RP cost and it's damage at low vengeance. Considering it's being put to 30 RP in the expansion I can't see how it's not a fair trade at all.

If you have to remove abilities it's a pretty good idea to remove things that basically fulfill the same ability, and it's also best to get rid of the least iconic one. Having two RP dumps isn't really necessary, but limiting us to the melee version over the versatility of the range one isn't fair at all. People mentioned they would rather have DC and we got it.

I don't see how it's not fair at all, lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killyox View Post

DC is just better Runic Strike since it's ranged, same cost now and cannot be dodged/parried either way.
    Crap, I thought it could. Now it's OK, I even like it. Need to find and edit the post where I bashed Bliz for that.

Deleted
    wait no1 actually tought its just an alpha testing thing?
    they should never release alpha notes cuz ppl take them too seriously

Removing Nerubian carapace isn't a big deal. If you aren't using Fallen Crusader for the self-heal and strength buff (more threat and better parry rating a bit), you're doing it wrong.

As for worms... they help in soloing old content/self healing. Not sure if those legendary Mionelol clears of end game raid bosses while they were still relevant could happen without blood worms. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shadoweye404 View Post
    wait no1 actually tought its just an alpha testing thing?
    they should never release alpha notes cuz ppl take them too seriously
    They release alpha notes exactly for this purpose: so that the players can tell the developers what they think about those changes. Only by us talking about these changes do the devs know how we feel about them. If they didn't release alpha notes, chances are those changes are going to go into beta, THEN we'll complain about them, and it simply takes longer for the expansion to go live. Since beta is mostly for bug fixes and number tuning, alpha is the right time to ask for ability changes, since things are much more fluid during alpha.

RIP runic strike. i will miss you.
    >_> die in fire death coil, you should have stayed unholy only.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Removing Nerubian carapace isn't a big deal. If you aren't using Fallen Crusader for the self-heal and strength buff (more threat and better parry rating a bit), you're doing it wrong.
    Nerubian Carapace is the +armor +stam runeforge for one-handed weapons. Stoneskin Gargoyle is the one for 2-handers and there's been no indications that it's going anywhere.

Fallen Crusader has been pretty awful for raid tanking in MoP (it only affects base strength, not Vengeance AP which accounts for the vast majority of tank damage), but should be a bit more viable in WoD with the new Resolve system.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorned View Post
    Nerubian Carapace is the +armor +stam runeforge for one-handed weapons. Stoneskin Gargoyle is the one for 2-handers and there's been no indications that it's going anywhere.

Fallen Crusader has been pretty awful for raid tanking in MoP (it only affects base strength, not Vengeance AP which accounts for the vast majority of tank damage), but should be a bit more viable in WoD with the new Resolve system.
    i dont really understand why the 1h version still exists right now when blood doesnt use 1handers to tank.

Wish you could use dual wield for tanking I want some 1 handers once in a while...

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrael View Post
    Wish you could use dual wield for tanking I want some 1 handers once in a while...
    yeah i kind of miss it. RIP frost tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    RIP runic strike. i will miss you.
    >_> die in fire death coil, you should have stayed unholy only.
    I don't really see what anyone could like about rune strike. It uses the same animation as death strike (as if we don't see that one enough already), and thats it. There's no effect to it at all. Theres absolutely no flavor to it, at all. Death Coil on the other hand uses a onehanded animation (anything that uses a different animation than DS is very welcome), launches a ball of pure death at the enemy that then causes a special effect on the target.
    So much for flavor.

As for gameplay, dc functions exactly like rs, but does so at range and, since it's shadow damage, ignores armor. Come 6.0 it WILL be tuned to do exactly as much damage as rs would.

Lastly, "you should have stayed unholy only": dc was a main rotational ability for blood, the "sudden doom" (chance for free dc) talent was a blood talent and rs was listed as a frost ability. Back then rs required you to have doged or parried an attack, so you used it far less than dc (that actually was the only bit of flavor rs had, but that was removed with cataclysm).

In my opinion, dc is superior to rs in every way, and I am glad they listend to us and replaced rs with dc instead of removing dc from blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved doing disease up then blood boil with the talent not sure why they chose that.
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I loved doing disease up then blood boil with the talent not sure why they chose that.
    Are you talking about the removal of roiling blood? because they didnt remove it, they made it baseline. Sorta. Pestilence also does everything Blood Boil does now. So they didn't bake pestilence into bb but the otherway round. Works too I guess, i just hope they let pest be used without a target like bb now.

Quote Originally Posted by HiFish View Post
    I don't really see what anyone could like about rune strike. It uses the same animation as death strike (as if we don't see that one enough already), and thats it. There's no effect to it at all. Theres absolutely no flavor to it, at all. Death Coil on the other hand uses a onehanded animation (anything that uses a different animation than DS is very welcome), launches a ball of pure death at the enemy that then causes a special effect on the target.
    So much for flavor.

As for gameplay, dc functions exactly like rs, but does so at range and, since it's shadow damage, ignores armor. Come 6.0 it WILL be tuned to do exactly as much damage as rs would.

Lastly, "you should have stayed unholy only": dc was a main rotational ability for blood, the "sudden doom" (chance for free dc) talent was a blood talent and rs was listed as a frost ability. Back then rs required you to have doged or parried an attack, so you used it far less than dc (that actually was the only bit of flavor rs had, but that was removed with cataclysm).

In my opinion, dc is superior to rs in every way, and I am glad they listend to us and replaced rs with dc instead of removing dc from blood.
    well good for you. like i care. i just benched my blood dk. so whatever enjoy that crap ability.

The only think they should do is name it Blood Coil for blood death knights and maybe give it a nice red color.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathnander View Post
    • Death Knight
    •Blood Boil has been removed.
    •Blood Parasite has been removed.
    •Rune of the Nerubian Carapace has been removed.
    •Rune Strike has been removed

Let me start off by saying: Why are we losing iconic abilities here? Blood Boil fits way better in a Blood DK kit than Pestilence, which is more of an Unholy ability. Blood Parasites are gone, whereas they provided that fun bit of uncontrolled healing that could either save your life or be of no use at all (some random mechanics are good, Blizz...). And Rune Strike is gone, instead we get Death Coil. So yet another attack (which feels good in the MoP rotation) gets removed to make place for an Unholy ability. Appearantly we'll be using Unholy tanks soon... Ok, that's going too far, but my point is clear. Don't remove key abilities from Blood.

What was wrong with the ability replacement? We could get Rune Strike instead of Death Coil, have the effects of Pestilence included in Blood Boil for Blood spec only (and Pestilence then unavailable for them) and just nerf the Parasites (if you think they desperately need that).

Disagree. I hated Rune Strike, and I am glad to see it gone. The DK Class has been improved imho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The only think they should do is name it Blood Coil for blood death knights and maybe give it a nice red color.
    Not a fan of that one, don't think they will do that. But I think that might be a nice idea for a minor glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by HiFish View Post
    Not a fan of that one, don't think they will do that. But I think that might be a nice idea for a minor glyph.
    I could deal with that as a glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Solution:

Rename Pestilence to something "Bloody" when you are blood spec (I dunno..."Blood Link" or something....would kinda make sense with the disease spreading and all) and give it a blood looking graphic. (That should help soothe the people whining that Blood doesn't feel like a "Blood" spec anymore.)
    I think a Red Howling Blast would be awesome. "Blood Breath".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    I think this is typically the kind of thing that Blizzard may look at in a possible rework of pestilence, so that the anim/ quality of life component would come back.

Also, I agree that the need for a target makes it a little less fluid to use.
    I was concerned about this, too, so I asked Celestalon about it and he confirmed that pestilence will be useable without a target.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...17474751180800

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sakashima View Post
    Death Coil applies Frost Fever/Blood Plague. That's combining Rune Strike, Outbreak and Death Coil all into one, removing two extra buttons from my bars and freeing up a glyph slot.
    They changed how PB works:

>Plaguebearer now adds 4 sec to the existing duration of Frost Fever and Blood Plague and an additional stack to existing Necrotic Plague infections.

I don't think it applies diseases any longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    If Death Coil stays, that just maintains Lichborne's supremacy as my talent choice.
    LB no longer turns you undead, so the DC selfheal won't work anymore.

>Lichborne now increases your Leech by 10% rather than making you undead.
    Last edited by incko; 2014-05-25 at 01:24 PM.