Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I really love Jaylock threads.

Imo quality > quantity. But im a bit sceptical as MOP dungeons were awefull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Thoughts?
    My opinion is in my signature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quality>Quantity, I do hope no one claims MoP dungeons were quality dungeons though

They're supposedly releasing dungeons over the course of the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this is a jaylock thread but I decided to play along. This post will probably be buried and no-one will see it but guys... I did the math!

(i)=instanced boss, (w)=world boss

In BC every raid had one mode:
    BC Initial Raid Bosses: 24(i) + 2(w)
    BC Total Raid Bosses: 52(i) + 2(w)

In Wotlk most raids had 4 modes:
    Wotlk Initial Raid Bosses: 18(i)
    Wotlk Total Raid Bosses: 54(i)

In Cataclysm, raids had 4 modes (not including LFR):
    Cataclysm Initial Raid Bosses: 14(i)
    Cataclysm Total Raid Bosses: 31(i)

In MOP, raids had 4 modes + LFR:
    MOP initial Raid Bosses: 16(i) + 2(w)
    MOP Total Raid Bosses: 43(i) + 6(w)

In WOD, raids will have 4 flex modes + mythic + LFR:
    WOD Initial Raid Bosses: 15(i) + 3?(w)
    WOD Total Raid Bosses: ?

Now lets look at Dungeons:

BC Dungeon Bosses: 53 at release, 57 total, 2 modes
    WOTLK Dungeon Bosses: 55 at release, 66 total, 2 modes
    Cataclysm Dungeon Bosses: 42 at release, 64 total, 2 modes
    MOP Dungeon Bosses: 33 at release, 33 total, 3 modes
    WOD Dungeon Bosses: At least 31 at release (probably more), ? total, 3 modes

So my analysis is WOTLK clearly had the most bosses (and more modes than BC), Cataclysm dropped the ball on total raid bosses, and MOP dropped the ball on Dungeons (because scenarios).

Please feel free to correct my math it was just a quick count.
    Last edited by finskee; 2014-05-25 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BassZ1890 View Post
    Forgetting Magisters Terrace on the Isle, which was added along with the Sunwell.
    I'm quite sure people are counting dungeons at expansion launch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    WOD Initial Raid Bosses: 15(i) + 3?(w)
    WOD Total Raid Bosses: ?
    4 flex modes?
    It will be current flex renamed normal and current normal renamed heroic.
    Also LFR and mythic.
    That makes it 2 flex modes, 4 total.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

You guys know what's lazier than reusing dungeon theme? Reusing The Whole F*cking Dungeon. It makes my head hurt when people praise the reuse of dungeons and whine about old dungeons sharing theme, for gods sake!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    4 flex modes?
    It will be current flex renamed normal and current normal renamed heroic.
    Also LFR and mythic.
    That makes it 2 flex modes, 4 total.
    Technically speaking Normal and Heroic modes will both be "flex".

You people need to learn to speak with your wallet if you are unhappy with the amount of content Blizzard is or isn't putting out, simply do not buy any gametime or the new expansion if you are unhappy. It amazes me how people still can't grasp this simple concept.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

I don't buy this "quality over quantity" stuff, I really didn't see a rise in quality in MoP dungeons to justify them taking the equivalent of 3 dungeons in TBC, and i'm skeptical I will in WoD.

However, when you make your dungeons huge pointless AoE zerg fests, it's pretty hard to tell if it's quality or not.

But I guess we have to "consume" content in mere minutes now, because everything has to be a low dangling fruit outside heroic raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath, YET, they come out and say there will only be 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashed dungeons. So a total of 7 "new" dungeons? While comparing that to TBC with 15 new dungeons. That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.

Is blizzard getting too comfortable with giving their player base less content just because we have grown accustomed to the lack of content in the past 2 expansions?

I would think the casual playerbase would also be upset because that just means there is a lack of things to do for them aside from LFR (which even they dont feel is real content).

WoD looks beautiful. I think they really shot for the stars on this expansion, I just wish they would have been more creative and focused on more 5 man content at release. I think we will get more 5 man dungeons over the course of the expansion, but it feels lame compared to 15 brand new dungeons from the get go of TBC.

Thoughts?
    But BC dungeons sucked hard with ordinary design except maybe Arcatraz and mediocre foes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last I hard, there are 6 new dungeons and 1 rehash. There is definitely only 1 rehash, but the number of new dungeons might be 7 now instead of 6.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    Apart from CMs, who cares about dungeons?
    I prefer dungeons to raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think 9-10 dungeons is a good number for launch. 2-5 being added later in patches. I do think MoP dungeons were of higher quality than tbc dungeons, but not double. I would rather have had 11 wrath quality dungeons than 9 MoP quality ones. I feel any less than 8 dungeons for launch is unacceptable though, so I'm hoping they add at least one more.

Quote Originally Posted by finskee View Post
    Technically speaking Normal and Heroic modes will both be "flex".
    Yes but there are still are not 4 flex modes. We will have:

LFR (uses flex as needed so 1)
    Normal (Current flex difficulty, will keep using flex scaling so 2)
    Heroic (Current normal difficulty, will start using flex scaling so 3)
    and Mythic (Current heroic, no flex scaling)

You can see how this differs from your statement of:
    Which seems to imply we would have 6 total difficulties, 4 of which use flex (opposed to in reality where we have 4 where 3 use flex).

You do realize that there were essentially four unique 5-man dungeons at launch in TBC when taking into consideration reused art assets, textures, models, and objects, right?

And how did you count 15 OP?
    I count:

Hellfire Citadel
    Hellfire Ramparts
    Blood Furnace
    Shattered Halls

Coilfang Reservoir
    Slave Pens
    Underbog
    Steamvault

Auchindoun
    Mana-Tombs
    Auchenai Crypts
    Sethekk Halls
    Shadow Labyrinth

Tempest Keep
    Mechanar
    Botanica
    Arcatraz

13 dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    You do realize that there were essentially four unique 5-man dungeons at launch in TBC when taking into consideration reused art assets, textures, models, and objects, right?

And how did you count 15 OP?
    I count:

Hellfire Citadel
    Hellfire Ramparts
    Blood Furnace
    Shattered Halls

Coilfang Reservoir
    Slave Pens
    Underbog
    Steamvault

Auchindoun
    Mana-Tombs
    Auchenai Crypts
    Sethekk Halls
    Shadow Labyrinth

Tempest Keep
    Mechanar
    Botanica
    Arcatraz

13 dungeons.
    Caverns of Time
    Old Hillsbrad + Black Morass

they also didn't have to tune for challenge modes back then and most players only use dungeons for valor or to gear up really early in the expac. if the number of dungeons matters to you, you're in the minority, and what do we do to minorities? that's right, we lynch them. so keep it up, im grabbing the rope as i type this shit.

So we get another expansion with 10 levels to level up like TBC and Wrath, YET, they come out and say there will only be 5 new dungeons and 2 rehashed dungeons. So a total of 7 "new" dungeons? While comparing that to TBC with 15 new dungeons. That means 15 dungeons with unique bosses, loot for each boss, and varied environments.

Is blizzard getting too comfortable with giving their player base less content just because we have grown accustomed to the lack of content in the past 2 expansions?

I would think the casual playerbase would also be upset because that just means there is a lack of things to do for them aside from LFR (which even they dont feel is real content).

WoD looks beautiful. I think they really shot for the stars on this expansion, I just wish they would have been more creative and focused on more 5 man content at release. I think we will get more 5 man dungeons over the course of the expansion, but it feels lame compared to 15 brand new dungeons from the get go of TBC.

Thoughts?
    Here's the problems with what you have proposed:

BC: Had plenty of progression in dungeons, just like its predecessor, Vanilla. Raiding was a lot less accessible than Wrath+, so many people mostly did T4 and Dungeons/Heroics (I personally was one of these players, and now I'm bored with HEROIC raiding). There was no LFR/Flex for people to do, so dungeons were really important at the time.

WoD: Has a ridiculous amount of raiding accessibility and progression via LFR and "Normal" (Flex). You can almost jump right into LFR (or even Normal) when you hit 100, and if not, run a dungeon or two to boost your iLevel up enough, then never return to the harder-than-LFR-stuff-that-gives-less-iLevel-loot.

While I do agree that they're getting a bit too comfortable giving us less content (WoD especially, having no new class, race, nor new 'system' outside of the stat squish and the two new stats), Dungeons aren't really going to be too prevalent in the upcoming expansion(s) because of LFR.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Rindrae View Post
    Caverns of Time
    Old Hillsbrad + Black Morass
    I ALWAYS forget about those fuckers, ALWAYS.

OK so that's fourteen at launch, with five essentially unique dungeons. Old Hillsbrad was basically Hillsbrad Foothills copy-pasted, but Black Morass was arguably a new environment even though it was probably all Swamp of Sorrows art assets.