Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'm ok with what they're doing so far; I admit, I'll miss the thematic quality of Heart Strike and maybe we'll see it come back if Gladiator's Resolve is successful and later down the line (hopefully within the walls of WoD, though they said they may not make that happen) we get Blood DPS back and it'll come with HS.

Otherwise, I'm fine with blood having Death Strike and blood spells; I get that some folks want all these "strikes" but really...you're using a lot of Death Strike anyway and you do auto-attack with your weapon. That we are the only 2H tank and have all this blood magic to use is kind of what makes us so much cooler thematically anyway; we're not just a blood-power warrior and we should be using blood spells and a little shadow magic as well.

Honestly, I feel like of all the specs, Blood's the only one that can get away with using a little frost and a little unholy on top of its own blood spells, where something like Death Coil would feel strange on Frost and Howling Blast would feel off on Unholy (Hell, even a perma-ghoul would feel strange for Frost, Thassarian and his bro notwithstanding) so I think it works - we still have DRW as well, so the blade hasn't been forgotten.

I am still on the fence about what plate class I'll play in WoD; probably my DK but the warrior notes have REALLY got me considering playing that instead.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

Quote Originally Posted by incko View Post
    LB no longer turns you undead, so the DC selfheal won't work anymore.

>Lichborne now increases your Leech by 10% rather than making you undead.
    Except Leech is no longer a stat, so wonder if they will revert it or just change it again.

I have to wholeheartedly agree with the OP here. He's not saying the changes are bad for gameplay, they arent and we all know that. His point is that the flavor of blood is being removed. Sure, Dk's used DC in WC3, fantastic, but this is wow here DK's have disciplines aka specs, DC is and always has been an unholy ability, occasionally used by blod, but not iconic to blood. Rune strike, heart strike, blood boil, blood parasites, death strike and dancing rune weapon have been the most iconic blood abilities since DKs came in in WotLK. Look at the most recent alpha changes... do we have left? Parasites gone, RS gone, HS gone, BB renamed to an unholy themed pestilence. All thats left is Death Strike and dancing rune weapon.
    I can only hope for the sake of the identity of blood, that blood strike somehow becomes an ability worth using. If it doesnt, the worrd blood... will have been pruned from blood...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I think a Red Howling Blast would be awesome. "Blood Breath".
    Blood Breath sounds a bit weird. I don't know. What do you think of Blood Storm? Sort of like a counterpart to Divine Storm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodrayne of Lothar View Post
    Except Leech is no longer a stat, so wonder if they will revert it or just change it again.
    When did they do that? Last time I checked leech was supposed to be a tertiary stat, like movement speed or ae-damage reduction.
    Items were supposed to have a chance (just like wf is now) to have either a socket, a higher item level or a tertiary stat.
    Though I haven't heard about that for a while can't remember it being scrapped.

Either way, Leech as a concept (though maybe as a stat) was not scrapped, so they can still apply it to Lichborne.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atonement View Post
    DC is and always has been an unholy ability, occasionally used by blod, but not iconic to blood.
    In WotLK, DC was a main rotational ability of blood. The sudden doom talent was found in the blood tree, not unholy.

Rune strike, heart strike, blood boil, blood parasites, death strike and dancing rune weapon have been the most iconic blood abilities since DKs came in in WotLK. Look at the most recent alpha changes... do we have left? Parasites gone, RS gone, HS gone, BB renamed to an unholy themed pestilence. All thats left is Death Strike and dancing rune weapon.
    Rune strike has NOT been a blood ability, it was a frost ability, and could only be used after parrying an attack.
    Blood Boil has always been equally used by blood and by unholy dks, so no spec specific flavor.
    Pestilence has been part of the dk for just as long as BB (if not even longer), for all three specs, and class identity>spec identity.
    Parasites have never been useful, and with the overall stackable raid utility changes there is simply no place for them. They had to be removed.
    HS has been one of the most generic abilities ever since they they removed it's secondary effects like the hp debuff.

I can only hope for the sake of the identity of blood, that blood strike somehow becomes an ability worth using. If it doesnt, the worrd blood... will have been pruned from blood...
    I don't know where people are getting the idea from that blood and blood magic was a central aspect of the blood dk.
    The name blood dk is a reference to the specs vampiric (life-stealing, not actually blood sucking) properties.
    Blood dks never used blood magic. They use UNHOLY magic.

If your only argument is that we don't have a single ability with the word "blood" in it, neither does unholy (except unholy aura, but if you count that you also have to count Blood Plague. Oh, and presences, of course).

15+ Year Old Account
    A few hours ago Celesalon was still talking about the Leech effect of LB so you're argument is wrong.

>Still 2min CD. I believe it's 15% Leech, offhand.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...52327553871872

Quote Originally Posted by incko View Post
    A few hours ago Celesalon was still talking about the Leech effect of LB so you're argument is wrong.

>Still 2min CD. I believe it's 15% Leech, offhand.

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...52327553871872
    That's from the 20th of may bro, hardly a few hours

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah my bad got the date wrong, however one week isn't that "old" either.

Deleted
    Leech is still a Tertiary stat...

The only stat that is on hold right now is amplify, all the other secondary and tertiary are still there

still not a fan of losing rune strike.
    the changes to pestilence on the other hand is nice.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    still not a fan of losing rune strike.
    I keep hearing that very often. What is so special, fun and unique about rune strike? DC is superior to it no matter how you look at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFish View Post
    I keep hearing that very often. What is so special, fun and unique about rune strike?
    Nothing.

DC is superior to it no matter how you look at it.
    Logic on MMO-Champion. Good luck with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I keep hearing that very often. What is so special, fun and unique about rune strike?
    Nothing. It started out as a copy of the warrior's revenge, later on it was made spammable (no proc required). It has no flavor of any sort, people just like to whine.

If you think about it, the name Blood Boil never really made sense.

Am I superheating their blood? Or just... throwing hot blood at them? It seems to be a big red bubble...

Quote Originally Posted by Deathnander View Post
    •Blood Boil has been removed.
    Basically since it has already effectively merged with Pestilence, the two abilities are just merged into 1 button.

•Blood Parasite has been removed.
    That fucking thing! Screws up soloing and CM invis runs and you can't even talent out of it anymore!

•Rune of the Nerubian Carapace has been removed.
    Had to google that to remember WTF it is.

•Rune Strike has been removed
    Replaced by Death Coil, which is better in every possible way. Doesn't require melee, higher RP cost = less chance of capping, looks cooler, feels cooler, has a cooler name and a pedigree...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DomesticViolence View Post
    I think a Red Howling Blast would be awesome. "Blood Breath".
    Blood Barf.

You get it if you choose the talent Maybe You Should Get That Looked At.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Havic View Post
    Runestrike removal makes zero sense, especially when there telling me Death coil should replace it.... someone feel free to explain how that is even close to being a fair trade off...
    Erm, DC is exactly the same thing but better?

The only reason you don't use it today is RS is deliberately tuned higher, which obviously will be irrelevant in WoD. You are forced to use RS, an inferior ability, because it's the spender for Blood. That's the only reason Blood DKs don't use DC today.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2014-05-27 at 06:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    higher RP cost = less chance of capping
    In WoD, the RP cost of DC is reduced to 30, the same as RS now.

I keep hearing that very often. What is so special, fun and unique about rune strike? DC is superior to it no matter how you look at it.
    outside of iconic ability what is so special about DC?
    nothing

Deleted
    outside of iconic ability what is so special about DC?
    nothing
    Very much, actually.
    It is ranged, so it is a lot more useful than RS.
    It litterally launches a ball of death at the enemy, which is a lot more awesome than a simple hit with your sword.
    It not only uses a different animation than DS (that alone is enough to prefer DC to RS) but a animation we currently don't have, so it's some nice alternative.

Very much, actually.
    It is ranged, so it is a lot more useful than RS.
    It litterally launches a ball of death at the enemy, which is a lot more awesome than a simple hit with your sword.
    It not only uses a different animation than DS (that alone is enough to prefer DC to RS) but a animation we currently don't have, so it's some nice alternative.
    range attack in melee range. wow.
    opinion. warriors have titan's grip and that is pretty awesome.
    DC needs a better animation.
    also still seems more iconic for unholy.

range attack in melee range. wow.
    opinion. warriors have titan's grip and that is pretty awesome.
    DC needs a better animation.
    also still seems more iconic for unholy.
    As opposed to rune strike. Which uses a standard attack animation.

If you want Iconic Death Knight, look at T100.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    As opposed to rune strike. Which uses a standard attack animation.

If you want Iconic Death Knight, look at T100.
    could have easily changed the animation for RS or created a whole new ability for blood that replaced DC.

arent 2 of those abilities lich king abilities and the other one from sindragosa?