Poll: Would these glyphs make RoP tolerable for you?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Would this make Rune of Power more tolerable for you?

This poll is just for the people who really dislike Rune of Power. People who already like Rune of Power, feel free to post, but just know that it's not referring to you.

If there was a glyph that made Rune of Power either auto-cast at your feet if you didn't move for a global, or a glyph that made it instant (and maybe a minor that places it under you rather than a targeting circle), would you feel that this would be more tolerable for you, or even make you like it?

I'm just curious why Blizzard never really thought to do this, especially with the overwhelming majority that really hates it, and even a vocal minority who do in fact enjoy it.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Get rid of the damn thing already. It's not fun and never will be, no matter how in love Celestalon still is with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Stalin View Post
    Get rid of the damn thing already. It's not fun and never will be, no matter how in love Celestalon still is with it.
    I'd prefer it to be gone as well, but I feel like these glyphs would at least be some level of compromise between the two parties. They need to make it tolerable at the very least to those of us who really do hate the damn thing.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be instant IMO. If Blizzard likes it, make it instant. Obviously keep the limit of two. I PREFER to change the talent into something else but that's not here nor there.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Voted for the glyph of auto cast, wouldn't ever use it, but having an option for the player who can't be bothered to learn how to utilize the ability fully would be great. This actually reminds me of that pally glyph from beta (don't know if it made it into the game) that made your I think inquisition??? last longer at a power cost, basically QoL vs 100% efficiency.

Honestly, I'll just say that Rune of Power really isn't all that bad. It probably still gets a bad rap from how it used to be, and we all have had bad experiences with it. However, atm I don't think it's really in that bad of a place after the quality of life changes. Namely the increased Radius. It isn't perfect and still could use a bit of tweaking, such as making it instant cast and removing the range requirement on it. Overall though, in its current form it does reward very good gameplay and planning, while also punishing poor gameplay and planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    This poll is just for the people who really dislike Rune of Power. People who already like Rune of Power, feel free to post, but just know that it's not referring to you.

If there was a glyph that made Rune of Power either auto-cast at your feet if you didn't move for a global, or a glyph that made it instant (and maybe a minor that places it under you rather than a targeting circle), would you feel that this would be more tolerable for you, or even make you like it?

I'm just curious why Blizzard never really thought to do this, especially with the overwhelming majority that really hates it, and even a vocal minority who do in fact enjoy it.
    IMO:

A) It should be larger. Maybe even swiftmend large. Not only would it feel a tad more epic, but it makes minor movement significantly less devastating, esp when the boss drops a void zone right on top of your rune.
    B) It shouldn't be visible to other players, excepting maybe pvp. (Namely so that you never risk confusing your own rune for someone else's)
    C) It should feel like a boost to be able to stand in it for a large portion of a fight, and not a penalty for having to leave it circumstantially.

Mechanically, it should feel somewhat like oldschool shaman totems, encouraging you to fight on your territory, A good mage knows where his two runes of power need to be, but the mediocre mage should still be competitive due to the large area of the new runes, the bad mage might still be punished for not having his runes up when he should be expecting trouble, and naturally, other talents would be a better option for them anyway.

Alternatively:
    A) Size stays the same, but effect is no longer passive. Spells cast within the rune grant the mage the rune of power buff, mechanically this is the same, but the buff goes with the mage as he leaves the rune, giving him lingering power if he needs to move between runes.
    B) Spells cast extend the duration to a max of 30s. giving the mage plenty of time to move to the next rune if needed, while shelling out instant-casts as they move.

Fights in WoD will be less movement-heavy supposedly, so that might help it's case.

I put this in another thread but having the rune of power always be moving to make the mage in the center of it, at maybe half run speed. you will still have to move out of it for mechanics but you wont have to nudge and re-adjust all the time and it will always be following you.

Take your pick really, any of them would make it a lot better for those who don't like it. But it still wouldn't make me like the tier from balance side of things.

But the auto-cast on in global would probably be the best, as it would activate before your first cast ends.

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Voted for the glyph of auto cast, wouldn't ever use it, but having an option for the player who can't be bothered to learn how to utilize the ability fully would be great. This actually reminds me of that pally glyph from beta (don't know if it made it into the game) that made your I think inquisition??? last longer at a power cost, basically QoL vs 100% efficiency.
    My thoughts exactly.

The Inquisition glyph you're thinking about is that of using more Holy Power to get a longer Inquisition duration.

I said no because it will take up (I assume) a major glyph slot and I'm not cool with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    i will just never accept rune of power. it was a huge slap in the face to get a talent like that on the same time hunter and warlocks got infinite mobility, now i know that's been nerfed and continues to be nerfed but it made me completely give up my mage for the expansion and i guess i'm still pretty salty.

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    A) It should be larger. Maybe even swiftmend large. Not only would it feel a tad more epic, but it makes minor movement significantly less devastating, esp when the boss drops a void zone right on top of your rune.
    That's... quite large. At that rate, they might as well not even have it.

B) It shouldn't be visible to other players, excepting maybe pvp. (Namely so that you never risk confusing your own rune for someone else's)
    Excuse me for saying this, but if anyone mistakes someone else's rune for theirs, then they are just downright stupid. The opacity of runes that aren't yours are set to around 20% give or take, while yours is set to 100%. It's painfully obvious which rune is yours.

C) It should feel like a boost to be able to stand in it for a large portion of a fight, and not a penalty for having to leave it circumstantially.
    This I will agree with, but this thread isn't to discuss Rune of Power alternatives in terms of power or making it "super epic", it's just "how would Rune be tolerable for those of us who dislike it?"[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by pyrostorm9001 View Post
    I said no because it will take up (I assume) a major glyph slot and I'm not cool with that.
    IMO none of them should except the auto-cast one. Also, it's not like we have a lot of other good glyphs to choose from at this point, haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    i will just never accept rune of power. it was a huge slap in the face to get a talent like that on the same time hunter and warlocks got infinite mobility, now i know that's been nerfed and continues to be nerfed but it made me completely give up my mage for the expansion and i guess i'm still pretty salty.
    It definitely still feels salty because it still exists and continues to leech off of Mages and cause problems within the Mage community. It also brought its cousin this time, Prismatic Crystal.

Deleted
    i don't like RoP but saying that you hate it.... only people who can't use it properly can say that . they will not remove it.... but instant cast would be nice

Deleted
    I don't like aswell, instant cast or remove it pls...

If ROP had a baseline defensive component to it (i.e. like the current HP Regen with Evo Glyh) then I would give it more consideration.

However, I don't feel Glyphing a bad ability into a good one is appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by voltaa View Post
    Voted for the glyph of auto cast, wouldn't ever use it, but having an option for the player who can't be bothered to learn how to utilize the ability fully would be great.
    I agree with you. Also, I want to say that I actually enjoy RoP and all the concept of planning ahead thing, sacrificing mobility to deal more damage and stuff.

I use it sometimes, but it really needs an instant cast. Feels really clunky otherwise for something you need to stand in to gain the effect of.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current T6 talents are all awful for mages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

But you don't want Rune of Power centred on your feet, that makes it harder to stay inside it!
    I guess what Voltaa's saying about it making the spell less efficient but easier might be true but... I still can't vote because there's no option for "Add it for people who are lazy but I wouldn't use this glyph ever"

I guess option 3 is the closest to that.