Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you have to "unlock" H Garrosh?

Do you have to clear all 13h to do H Garrosh?

I missed most of the expansion, just returning sometime after SoO came out and some friends and I started a guild. We're starting heroics now, and since progression is a thing of the past this far in, I'm not really concerned with clearing everything.

However, I'd like to get the H Garrosh mount for everyone before 6.0. I figured we could take advantage of the item level uogrades, get 8-10 or so on farm and then skip bosses like siege/klaxxi to avoid wasting time we could be spending on Garrosh.

Can we do this, or will we have to clear all 13 to "unlock" Garrosh?

Thanks.

Have to clear all 13.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Have to clear all 13.
    Damn that's a little disappointing. Guess we'll just need to make sure we push hard to get all 10 mounts before 6.0.

Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Louis CK View Post
    Damn that's a little disappointing. Guess we'll just need to make sure we push hard to get all 10 mounts before 6.0.

Thanks for the info
    Yea, unfortunately you have to clear them all. Happy hunting though!

Quote Originally Posted by kbouw View Post
    Yea, unfortunately you have to clear them all. Happy hunting though!
    Thanks! It wouldn't really even be a concern if it weren't for the necessary 10 weeks of farming to get everyone the mount. It just means we'll need to be able to down everything + Garrosh within 10 weeks of 6.0. The only real issue is the lack of information concerning when that'll be released. I imagine with the item upgrades and 1-2 new bosses a week after the first 8 are down (just guessing, maybe more since we'll outgear them with the upgrades) it won't be too terrible.

We had a short raid week this week due to some rl issues for guildies (probably about 1.5 raid nights worth of raiding) so only got two down this week (first week starting heroics and still pugging two) and a little work on Sha. Planning to get Sha/Gala/Naz next week (might do Protectors too depending on recruitment and/or the pugs we get).

So... If we can get 5 down this upcoming week, then I figure two new bosses each week following, it'll be about a month from now when we're working on siege/klaxxi. I'm honestly more concerned with those two than Garrosh, since we'll likely outgear him by the time we get there.

Just giving ourselves wide room for error here, it would take 4 months to progress and farm all mounts?

Although I highly doubt we'll have to take nearly that long. I'm guessing we'll still be fine to get them all down before 6.0.
    Last edited by Louis CK; 2014-05-24 at 04:02 AM.

Even at this stage with ilvl upgrades and months of gear, I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourselves looking ahead progression wise. The first 8 are pretty fluid in difficulty, but Malkorok/Spoils are a big step up, then Thok is another big step up, then Seigecrafter/Paragons/Garrosh is another huge step up.

A lot depends on your raid schedule and overall skill of your players, but unless you're a group of very skilled players that just happened to start late, I wouldn't be too overconfident in your ability to start working on Seigecrafter too quickly. And even then, last three were all very high attempt bosses for even the best of guilds.

Unless you raid a lot/are made up of skilled players that just took a break or started late, being on Seigecrafter in a month would be a long shot. Especially with the summer bug coming up that has the potential to kill any guild.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything - but just don't get ahead of yourselves. There's a huge difference between being able to kill any of the first 3-5 bosses with a few pugs and actually killing Seigecrafter/Paragons/Garrosh.

Good luck though. We're set to start working on H Garrosh next Tuesday and I'm not even confident that we'll be able to nag a kill and farm 10-12 mounts before 6.0 because of potential summer issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Vedni View Post
    Even at this stage with ilvl upgrades and months of gear, I wouldn't get too far ahead of yourselves looking ahead progression wise. The first 8 are pretty fluid in difficulty, but Malkorok/Spoils are a big step up, then Thok is another big step up, then Seigecrafter/Paragons/Garrosh is another huge step up.

A lot depends on your raid schedule and overall skill of your players, but unless you're a group of very skilled players that just happened to start late, I wouldn't be too overconfident in your ability to start working on Seigecrafter too quickly. And even then, last three were all very high attempt bosses for even the best of guilds.

Unless you raid a lot/are made up of skilled players that just took a break or started late, being on Seigecrafter in a month would be a long shot. Especially with the summer bug coming up that has the potential to kill any guild.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade or anything - but just don't get ahead of yourselves. There's a huge difference between being able to kill any of the first 3-5 bosses with a few pugs and actually killing Seigecrafter/Paragons/Garrosh.

Good luck though. We're set to start working on H Garrosh next Tuesday and I'm not even confident that we'll be able to nag a kill and farm 10-12 mounts before 6.0 because of potential summer issues.
    Skilled players who started late. The reason we still have to pug 2 each week is because no potential recruits have been up to par. I imagine it'll be easier to find more solid trials after this upcoming week after we've got 5 or 6 down. While I haven't done the later bosses yet, I'm also not going into it blindly. I've got plenty of past HM experience, as do many of my raiders, I just wasn't really around for this expansion. Unless there's something to be seen from these bosses that's extraordinarily more difficult than past HM bosses, I think the schedule should be pretty fair. Granted, there are always things that come up, especially during the end of an expansion that could throw a wrench in it, but I'll go with what we have for now.

And from what I've surmised, with item level upgrades in place, Garrosh will more than likely prove easier than Siege or Klaxxi when we get there.

Best of luck on Garrosh btw

I wouldn't let the mmo champ hyperbole get to your head, Garrosh (10-HC) is still substantially harder than Siegecrafter or Klaxxi. Gear does make it much easier, but it's still one hell of a fight that won't go down easy, and will likely take more time than either Siege or Klaxxi, possibly more than than both combined (it did for us).

Deleted
    I definitely think it's possible to get to Siege/Klaxxi in a month from your position. My guild are in a similar situation, around the start of this year seven of us decided to play WoW before WoD came out - with most not having played since Cata or before. After leveling up/gearing up we started heroics around 555 average ilvl about 6 weeks ago & we had to pug 2-3 people every week until the last two weeks (usually people we had to carry tbh). We're 11/14H now but I think we could have gotten there quicker without the constant roster instability. Killed Spoils & Thok last night, with Thok being 16 attempts so I can't say I really agree with the above poster that it's a "big step up" either. Siege is probably a different matter though.

Obviously it all depends how much you intend to raid per week, ours was around 6-7 hours of progression/week.

If you're worried about mounts you can save the lockouts while you work on Garrosh progression on peoples alts at the end of every week. That way once you do kill it you may end up with a bunch of H Garrosh lockouts which you can use to kill Garrosh only for that week.

Just like every tier EVER you need a 13/14h lockout to pull heroic Garrosh.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

15+ Year Old Account
    Very little chance you will make it in 4 months judging from your posts, but good luck.

You assume that everything goes perfectly (do you think the RL issues won't be a problem in the future?) and recruits appear out of nowhere for progression 1) when the content is already months old 2) it's Summer 3) Nearly all good players downed most heroic bosses

Also what is your gearlevel? 565 based on the other thread right, so you are far from outgearing and trivializing Siege, Klaxxi and Garrosh and in 10 man it will take a while to gear up based on RNG
    Remember you will only be able to fully upgrade one new item each week
    Last edited by Dangg; 2014-05-27 at 12:03 AM.

5 in a week and 2 per week all the way up to Garrosh is pretty optimistic. Let us know how to goes.

Or you could splash out a few hundred k and buy the mount :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by EaseNCP View Post
    If you're worried about mounts you can save the lockouts while you work on Garrosh progression on peoples alts at the end of every week. That way once you do kill it you may end up with a bunch of H Garrosh lockouts which you can use to kill Garrosh only for that week.
    It doesn't work like that. The alts would zone into Garrosh being dead on heroic. You could use it to kill normal though.

Deleted
    Actually correct me if i'm wrong but mounts will be removed in 6.1 (Warlords of Draenor) and not 6.0 (WoD pre patch)..so you will still have 2 months (or more) of 6.0 for getting it.

Btw my guild downed 25h Garrosh on December ; we switched to 10 man due to ppl getting bored 2 weeks ago and the most difficult boss we had to face was siegecrafter due to strategy changes (we actually killed him with 25man strat in the end ) . Garrosh was a little disappointing and it's all about Jade Serpent phase (since now you can easily skip terrace one!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Heroic lockouts are unique. This means if anything dies in them, anyone on that lockout will also see that boss is dead. This is regardless of whether or not they were present for the kill.
    even if u just enter u will get saved without killing the boss

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsuoo View Post
    even if u just enter u will get saved without killing the boss
    Just to clarify for others, you will still get the message asking you to accept that lock out though once you do you are saved regardless if you kill a boss or not.

Though i personally raid 25 man. I have to agree with a few posters. 11/14 Heroic at least in my opinion is not hard at all but once you get to siege/klaxxi/garrosh. Expect a minimum of 200+ wipes each boss. Even the top world guilds have well over 200+ Wipes on each boss. Best of luck to all you guys on your quest to get your mounts.

There are also threads on here strat issue for pretty much all bosses you can check out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n3kr0s View Post
    Actually correct me if i'm wrong but mounts will be removed in 6.1 (Warlords of Draenor) and not 6.0 (WoD pre patch)..so you will still have 2 months (or more) of 6.0 for getting it.
    In 6.0 they are going to be changing SoO to the Mythic system so 10 man guilds will need to get 10 more players after 6.0 if they still want to farm Garrosh.