Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Thumbs down Sucks to be Shaman? Warlords of Draenor = NO HIGHLIGHTS.

I've been going thru them all..
    http://wowhead.com/guide=2297/warlor...knight-changes
    http://wowhead.com/guide=2300/warlor...-druid-changes
    http://wowhead.com/guide=2291/warlor...hunter-changes
    ..etc

Only two classes has NO HIGHLIGHTS and that is Shaman and Warrior. Doesn't it kinda sucks?

Is the totem system for Shaman perfected and the resource system, just perfected?

Because as long as I can remember.. Shaman has been the least changed class of all the hybrid classes.

I would wait until Beta comes out before making statements like that. We still haven't seen all of the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post
    Because as long as I can remember.. Shaman has been the least changed class of all the classes.
    fix'd just sayin'

Deleted
    If a class is not changed a lot then that means the mechanics are pretty good and don't need to change. I love my elemental shaman and I could play this spec until the end of time. So the no changes is a good thing.
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2014-06-03 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Razhiel View Post
    I would wait until Beta comes out before making statements like that. We still haven't seen all of the changes.
    No news for shaman in early alpha/beta/ptr of X expac or Y patch? We should not complain. We should wait. Clearly, waiting has worked out so well for us. I mean Monks have better totems than we do just sayin'....

When have shamans ever gotten a major overhaul? Biggest one we got was some totem timer adjustments

Deleted
    Well shamans are doing pretty well. I love playing all three specs so I don't want any overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    If a class is not changed a lot then that means it's doing pretty well. I love my elemental shaman and I could play this spec until the end of time. So the no changes is a good thing.
    Name one DPS class in the last three expacs that has been in fewer top ten world first kills in 10 or 25 man? You maybe saying you aren't in the best guild so you shouldn't complain. I say to you, no. I should be complaining as the top guilds play the classes that do the best, and frankly in all of cata I think there was A SINGLE Enh shaman on a few of the top 10 kills. Also since when was Blizzard's goal good enough?

least changed? I play a shaman and a rogue. and i'd say shamans are far from the least changed. especially seeing your totem system change and the new ability rotations you received.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    If a class is not changed a lot then that means it's doing pretty well. I love my elemental shaman and I could play this spec until the end of time. So the no changes is a good thing.
    My chainlightning-spam-finger is getting tired, so I think Blizzard should change a little to improve the health of elemental players.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    least changed? I play a shaman and a rogue. and i'd say shamans are far from the least changed. especially seeing your totem system change and the new ability rotations you received.
    When did you start playing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razhiel View Post
    We have seen all of them.

Is ULE perk the only upcoming Shaman movement change, or are you possibly looking at revamping L45 talents to a movement tier?
    No, we're happy with Shamans having a totem tier, and see it getting decent usage, despite loudness from a few people. (Celestalon)
    Then can we expect to get some type of baseline movement speed ability added to bring us up to par?
    What is 'par'? Should everyone be exactly equal in their movement capabilities? (Celestalon)
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sidenorna View Post
    Probably yesterday, since the "new totem system" (lol, sorry) is the biggest garbage I've seen in an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I play enh and totems are either fringe or maybe act as raid cool down but most( nearly always) I put totems way they did before change the same goes for resto. The big change is they are less bang for your buck. As for rotation changes I would love to have you show them to me.

Were the following abilities in classic wow..Fan of knives cloak of shadows? When did rogues learn how to use axes?Or what about poisons?

Deleted
    Perfectly happy with enhancement as it is. The only thing that really needs reworking is the AOE, but we're a solid spec alright.

Deleted
    We've been shit on every expansion. So we're kinda numb to it all by now.

Deleted
    There still may be some changes for shaman, hopefully a few quality of life improvements and some unique spells but it does seem to be the least changed class. Warrior however is getting the entire arms spec overhauled and maybe more changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath babies abound?
    Shaman was COMPLETELY changed from Vanilla/TBC to Wrath/Cata. We actually got more changes than Pally and Druid, probably.

As for the current state of affairs, Shamans are in an excellent place both tuning and gameplay-wise. All three specs are rather popular and play very smoothly, with Enhancement being the unwieldiest and least popular probably (I've been an Enhancement main since Vanilla when it was still a fun spec without real use).

Shamans definitely don't need any major overhaul or revisiting in my opinion.

As for raid cooldowns @ Ravensword: I think you missed the point where basically 75% or more of all of those raid cooldowns are being removed from most classes. The entire philosophy is moving away from cooldown-stacking for everyone, not just Shamans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensword View Post
    Agree with the AOE it has to big a ramp up time and I think Enhancement should have a physical cleave. it is fine for high HP adds but if I am ever farming lower level content my DK or Monk are so much more efficient at AOE.
    I don't think farming lower level content is a valid concern for balancing max level abilities.
    Enh AoE is intended to have a ramp-up, that being said it is entirely competitive, and I rather enjoy it since MoP. Garrosh 1st phase is quite fun as Enh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jespar View Post
    ... hopefully a few quality of life improvements and some unique spells...
    These are the quality of life improvements they did so far: Completely irrelevant:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We also made a couple quality of life improvements to Shaman Shield spells.

• Lightning Shield now persists through death.
    • Water Shield now persists through death.
    They really need to rework tier45; of course it is popular since you have to choose one of those. Not choosing a talent is no option. Whether they are good is another matter, there is a whole thread about talent tier 45 and why it is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    Wrath babies abound?
    Shaman was COMPLETELY changed from Vanilla/TBC to Wrath/Cata. We actually got more changes than Pally and Druid, probably.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

Yes there has been changes but i can honestly tell you that I have not remapped my single target dps rotation since lava lash. So since 3.0.2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sidenorna View Post
    Name one DPS class in the last three expacs that has been in fewer top ten world first kills in 10 or 25 man? You maybe saying you aren't in the best guild so you shouldn't complain. I say to you, no. I should be complaining as the top guilds play the classes that do the best, and frankly in all of cata I think there was A SINGLE Enh shaman on a few of the top 10 kills. Also since when was Blizzard's goal good enough?
    I was talking about mechanics. Shaman is one of the most stable classes there's ever been in recent years. Numbers are easy to fix if they wanted to, so who cares about that? As long as the gameplay is fun then I don't care where I come on the DPS meter as long as I beat all the other elemental shaman in the world (although for the record, I am generally rather high anyway)
    Last edited by mmocc85087d34c; 2014-06-03 at 10:32 AM.