7+ Year Old Account

Question Question regarding paragon levels

I play three of my characters (WD, DH, and Crusader) all regularly enough that I don't have a real main character.

So my question is, which class of the three I've listed before is the best for farming paragon levels?
    (Assuming their all equally geared.)

Note: I don't really care if they're good at the higher torment levels, as long as they can farm paragon levels efficiently.

Searching on Google didn't give me the information I'm after, so I'm hoping someone here can answer this question.

Deleted
    keep playing like you do now they stack up anyway... the fun way u know

Out of those 3, probably witch doctor, depending on gear/spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    WD with a ton of Psycos... Mobs melt before get near..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Method:
    There are 2 insanely easy bounties that give maximum reward: clear the Hell Rift level 2 and Khazra Den.

For Hell Rift you just skip level 1 (really short) and clear level 2. After a recent "nerf" there's usually an elite pack in level 2 that can be painful. Sometimes spawn a really weak unique mob. Also there's often a cursed chest event: 50% kill the elite pack and 50% kill the weak mobs.
    Many have issues finding Khazra Den, but after searching a few times you'll get the pattern and you'll be able to find it quickly. There's 1 level with some weak mobs and a champion that's usually rather weak.

Both of these give insane gold and exp (about 65m exp/420k gold) and are reasonably easy to do in T6 without being properly T6 geared. Alternatively you can do them on the highest difficulty that's still efficient for you.

Class
    I'd recommend using the DH as they're the quickest to find KD and skip HR1. They also tend to be reasonably strong, but it might be easier to clear with the WD. Which one is up to your personal preference and gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thank you all for answering this question.

Damage-wise my preference was the WD already, but I wasn't sure whether the mobility of the DH and Crusader (Vault and Steed Charge ftw) would outweigh the relatively higher safety of the WD.

I"ll just keep collecting most of my levels on my WD then, unless stuff gets too hard to gain them efficiently.

Deleted
    No contest,
    Witch Doctor wins, I think the Ghom runs are what a lot of people are doing simply because he is always up, and takes very little time to get to, and kill.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sigma, could you elaborate on why the WD is the best without contest?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    No contest,
    Witch Doctor wins, I think the Ghom runs are what a lot of people are doing simply because he is always up, and takes very little time to get to, and kill.
    Even with a shitty fresh lvl 70 WD, you can kill Ghom very quickly and easily with pets which makes it perfect for farming XP/Gold even if WD isn't your main.
    with a properly geared pet WD you can kill T6 Ghom in about 8 seconds (2.9b health). Pet WD's are very effective against single mobs with large hitboxes so all pets can hit without standing in the way of each other.

T6 Ghom gives 120k gold and 13m xp for quest completion - another 10m for the kill itself (doesn't show in popup but shows in your xp bar).
    this is without rested xp.
    Mmm... Bear!
    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Quote Originally Posted by Akonji View Post
    Sigma, could you elaborate on why the WD is the best without contest?
    You make a build just for killing ghom fast, stacking all your long cooldown-abilities, then re-creating the game to kill ghom again (thus ignoring those abilities' long cooldowns). WD does this better than most classes... I think only barbs can compete.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

7+ Year Old Account
    Wengel/Simulacrum: Thank you for explaining it. Knowing that Ghom is an easy way to farm experience, a WD definitely makes sense.

I play every class, and i do rifts/bountiees/whatever so i have a wider poin of view - a class performance imho isn't dictated only by how fast it can kill a boss/do a single quest, even though it's the best method to farm xp.

This said, i found the easiest time playing with my WD. It needs a so low amount of gear and basic decently rolled armor can bring you up to T3 in no time. Pet build is that strong - they synergy between certain abilities/armor is way to great to pass over.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Akonji View Post
    Wengel/Simulacrum: Thank you for explaining it. Knowing that Ghom is an easy way to farm experience, a WD definitely makes sense.
    I really don't recommend doing this unless you want to be bored fast and quit the game in 3-4 days. Just do whatever you enjoy most, paragon levels will come eventually.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    I really don't recommend doing this unless you want to be bored fast and quit the game in 3-4 days. Just do whatever you enjoy most, paragon levels will come eventually.
    Boring - most definately, but also highly effective and some people spend some of their gaming sessions on being as effective as possible.
    I personally farm Ghom when i get sick of rifts/bounties and just need something where i can disconnect the brain a bit while watching House MD on the other monitor.
    For such cases it's very effective for both gold, XP and actually also drops since the increase in general drop rates. He drops 3-4 yellows and actually quite a decent amount of legendaries/set items.
    Not bad for a game that takes under 30 seconds from "start game" to being back in main menu. The longest part is waiting 10 seconds for logout because you're too lazy to town-portal and log out directly.
    a T6 Ghom actually dropped my so-far only Tasker & Theo gloves after spending 10k+ shards on nothing.
    Hoping he does the same with my Zuni chest which i've also passed 10k shards on trying to gamble :P

It's also difficult to argue with the ease-of-entry into the WD pet spec. You require very little gear to be somewhat effective, and once you get a few of the key spec-defining items (MoJ, TnT etc), you will be able to up the difficulty by several levels almost immediately.
    I've played 4 times as much on my Wizard as my WD, yet my WD can clear T6 rifts without any big issues and T5 is a walk in the park... Wizard can do T4 but wouldn't call it effective.
    Last edited by Wengel; 2014-06-04 at 08:21 AM.
    Mmm... Bear!

7+ Year Old Account
    Faesroll, the Ghom runs are only meant for when I want to earn some paragon levels and none of my friends being online.
    Generally I indeed do what I enjoy for the levels, but even that can get boring at times.

Wengel@ Same exsperience as my WD whoes completely new to 70, just having basic start gear. So no good stuff like soj, the 2 pets items, pet weapon etc.

I jumped into torment3 easly, and now I do torment3-4 inn rifts as good as my Wizard really. WD needs to be nerfed on several things, or other classes haft to get some huge buffes...Like....GIANT buffes. It can't be right that a WD with leftover gear from whatever my Wizard found is this good with no synergy items (We'll I use 2 piece aughilds on it and bounty ring, but thats all)
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Wengel@ Same exsperience as my WD whoes completely new to 70, just having basic start gear. So no good stuff like soj, the 2 pets items, pet weapon etc.

I jumped into torment3 easly, and now I do torment3-4 inn rifts as good as my Wizard really. WD needs to be nerfed on several things, or other classes haft to get some huge buffes...Like....GIANT buffes. It can't be right that a WD with leftover gear from whatever my Wizard found is this good with no synergy items (We'll I use 2 piece aughilds on it and bounty ring, but thats all)
    I don't think buffs or nerfs en masse is needed, the case with the WD is that due to pets you are able to 'tank' much more than other classes with similar gear. First time you meet a 5x Champion pack of Anarchs with your entry-level gear WD on any reasonable torment level, you're going to get your ass handed to you - simply because they will hit you about as much as your pets and thus neglecting the big advantage you have - pets being the one to take the punishment not yourself.

Jade doctor is also very effective but the gear requirements are far higher to be effective on a similar level. same applies to other classes.
    Also, Pet doctor is an excellent single/few target class - i.e. riftbosses die in no time, but if you meet large packs of stuff, you will take longer than other classes with better AOE capabilities (like Wizard). The only real AOE a pet doctor has is DogZilla (with TMF) and burning rune - then you have a small AOE around the area where the dog is but that's really it.

Btw, a Pet doctor doesn't want a SoJ - you want TMF and RoRG
    Last edited by Wengel; 2014-06-05 at 06:54 AM.
    Mmm... Bear!