Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    They should fire Metzen
    - originally posted by Vilendor

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    you sir, should be fired from life for that statement.
    yes i agree with you Auberdeen

----------------------------------------------------------------------->

iron horde will mostly be the last. since we are time traveling--you know id sure like to do Deathwing as a raid boss in deathwing's lair.. OH! was that an idea?! doH! than that will be the second time we slayed deathwing in the past lolz.
    -originally posted by Thieves cant.

Iron Horde Deathwing won't be there. For one, he only went to Draenor in our timeline in WC2, years after the first invasion, which WoD is set shortly before. Second, he had no possible way of getting to Draenor as the Dark Portal in IH Draenor is not linked to IH Azeroth.
    - originally posted by skeppio

I remember a picture during blizzcon 2013 from one of the warcraft manuals. a picture from the library @ blizzard in irvine. it clearly shows Deathwing's lair during that time that this expansion is based. so what you said is not true. if you so upset about it go watch the 2013 blizzcon video or Nobel187 channel @ youtube on lore to find it.

update: i found it for you it is located @ 41 seconds into the video. it is located to the east on draenor. deathwing's lair is there on draenor so that is where deathwing lives. which means he came through the dark portal to Azeroth at one point.

if what you say is true than at some point deathwing must have called a moving company to move all his stuff to azeroth where he could be the earth warden.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2014-06-05 at 06:08 AM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    I remember a picture during blizzcon 2013 from one of the warcraft manuals. a picture from the library @ blizzard in irvine. it clearly shows Deathwing's lair during that time that this expansion is based. so what you said is not true. if you so upset about it go watch the 2013 blizzcon video or Nobel187 channel @ youtube on lore to find it.

update: i found it for you it is located @ 41 seconds into the video.

Um, that pic is from the Warcraft 2 manual if i recall, which depicts Draenor as it was in WC2, not beforehand (it didn't become Outland until the ending of WC2's expansion pack, Beyond the Dark Portal). Nobbel probably just used that because, aside from the blizzcon maps of WoD's zones and layout, we don't really have a map of Draenor before the opening of the Dark Portal.

Not sure where you're getting the idea that I'm frustrated. I'm just saying WoD takes place before Deathwing set foot on Draenor. If I recall (and my memory's a bit fuzzy on the matter) the island that would in WC2 become his lair is being used in WoD for Ashran. Sorry if I'm mistaken there. Point is, I don't think we'll be seeing him. I'm sure a lot of people are sick of him enough from Cataclysm's crappy finale.

It's not that I have a problem with the Horde being mostly a Horde player myself, it's that I feel WoW is wasting so much potential awesomeness by largely ignoring entire cultures like Undead and Night Elves.

I always thought that those cultures and the lore they bring with them were a big part in making WoW the huge success it is, but apparently Blizzard doesn't think so. From what I can tell people get pulled into the magic of the game just by questing through the night elf starting zone or figuring out why there is an elf queen in undercity, but apparently Blizzard thinks The Barrens is where the real magic is at.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    It's not that I have a problem with the Horde being mostly a Horde player myself, it's that I feel WoW is wasting so much potential awesomeness by largely ignoring entire cultures like Undead and Night Elves.

I always thought that those cultures and the lore they bring with them were a big part in making WoW the huge success it is, but apparently Blizzard doesn't think so. From what I can tell people get pulled into the magic of the game just by questing through the night elf starting zone or figuring out why there is an elf queen in undercity, but apparently Blizzard thinks The Barrens is where the real magic is at.
    Agreed. I think Tauren, Gnomes, Night Elves, Draenei (wish granted in WoD), and Worgen need more focus, maybe Goblins too (What did that Faceless One in the starting zone who says "i remember when your race was first created" mean?!?).

@ Skeppio Deathwing's lair is on draenor. you figure it out since your so intelligent. deathwing comes from draenor.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

I hope after the iron horde there are no more Orc hordes besides Thrall and Vol'jin of course.

Deleted
    @ Skeppio Deathwing's lair is on draenor. you figure it out since your so intelligent. deathwing comes from draenor.
    All of my wut.

Waiting on the Whored lead by Garona and Aggra. But especially Aggra. Eff Aggra.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Okay, that got a few laughs out of me.

In case you're serious, and not just having a giggle, Deathwing (back when he was known as Neltharion) lived with the other Dragon Aspects in Azeroth around 60,000+ years before the Dark Portal opened.

Check out the book 'Dawn of the Aspects'. If you're interested in Deathwing, it's probably worth a read. I haven't read it myself, so I wouldn't know.

Back to the original topic, after the Iron Horde's done, I can't really see any more hordes aside from the playable faction. I'm expecting Kairoz and the Infinite Dragonflight to take over later in WoD, to be honest.

so you are suggesting a conflict of interest between the art and the book dawn of the aspects? you have not read it though so you wouldn't know. Neltharion is death wings son isn't he? the wikis are getting edited. is blackwings lair deathwing's lair?
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2014-06-05 at 07:18 AM.

so you are suggesting a conflict of interest between the art and the book dawn of the aspects? you have not read it though so you wouldn't know. Neltharion is death wings son isn't he? the wikis are getting edited. is blackwings lair deathwing's lair?
    Deathwing is Neltharion. He changed his name after the Old Gods drove him insane and took control over him. His children are Onyxia, Nefarian and Wrathion (though Wrathion is debatable). Blackwing Lair is Nefarian's lair, I think it might have been Deathwings before Nefarian settled there, but he went to Draenor with the Old Horde (the first and last time he ever went to Draenor) during the Second War and made his lair that appears on the WC2 maps (it's not pre-WC1 Draenor, we don't have maps from that time outside what we'll be getting in WoD, which is set many years before Deathwing travelled to Draenor).
    Deathwing returned to Azeroth after the Horde was defeated in Draenor and fled to the Elemental Plane of Deepholme to recover (and emerged once more in Cataclysm, where he eventually met his demise).

I think you were confusing Neltharion (aka Deathwing) with his son, Nefarian. Hope that clears it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Stop living in the past? (was for Metzen btw)
    Wasn't the point that it's STILL like this?

Maybe you should say "stop living in the present and get onboard my imaginary future that's different".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
    Deathwing is Neltharion. He changed his name after the Old Gods drove him insane and took control over him. His children are Onyxia, Nefarian and Wrathion (though Wrathion is debatable).
    Wrathion refers to him as "my father". Presumably all breeding females in the Black Dragonflight were fertilised by Deathwing at some point, if that's how dragon breeding works. I guess he might've meant Deathwing was his father in a spiritual sense, being the leader of his Flight.

Dragons no doubt have different views of "mother and father".
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Warlords of Draenor is in the future, it hasn't happened, and the Horde does not exist yet at that point, they are seperate clans. Or do you mean in the further future of unconfirmed lore?
    It's an alternate universe version of 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by steale View Post
    It'd be nice if "Horde" didn't directly translate into "New Group of Orcs" though. There are 6 races in the Horde, but where's the Tauren love? They're a lot more interesting than "Oh look, a new Orc started a new 'real Horde', how exciting..."
    At its core Warcraft will always be about Orcs and Humans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Wrathion refers to him as "my father". Presumably all breeding females in the Black Dragonflight were fertilised by Deathwing at some point, if that's how dragon breeding works. I guess he might've meant Deathwing was his father in a spiritual sense, being the leader of his Flight.

Dragons no doubt have different views of "mother and father".
    After further reading, it seems he's actually Deathwing's grandson. His mother is Nyxondra (which is where I was confused at first, since only Sinestra had ever survived mating with Deathwing), but after further reading, it seems Nyxondra is Deathwing's child herself. I guess that does explain why Wrathion refers to Onyixa as 'auntie'. I'd meant "debatable' in a biological sense, due to my above confusion with Nyxondra.

Yay, I learned something new today! ^_^

I guess "a horde" is usually just an orcish army with some additions, like goblins, ogres or similar assets. They are not an alliance of different species as diverse and complicated as Thrall's horde. I would say that a for example Garrosh's horde is basically just a clan, like the Blackrocks. If you're tired of fighting different factions of orcs, that's one thing, but don't get to caught up in what they call themselves, be it horde, army, cult, clan or brotherhood.
    Mother pus bucket!

Just to clarify, Deathwing is originally from Azeroth, as he was created by the Titans at the same time Alexzastra, Ysera, Malygos, and the other one ( the time one, I always forget his freaking name) were created. They were created and given their powers from the Titans specifically to watch over Azeroth. Deathwing doesn't go to Outlands until much later after he has already started going nuts.

Back to the topic: I predict eventually we will see Rise of the Druid Horde, where they will run around in " Orc " form killing everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It's an alternate universe version of 30 years ago.
    I know that, but it's in the future in our time. Going back in time to an alternate universe hasn't happened yet, in that alternate universe of the past, which is happening in our future... There is no Warchief, Grom is not a leader of the/a horde because it does not exist as we know it, he's the leader of the Warsong Clan and that is that, there is nothing to say that Grom will be the leader of Garrosh's new Horde either.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

We can always travel to the future from the alternate past to an alternate present and fight Garrosh all over again. Savagely epic!

Quote Originally Posted by FraterN View Post
    Im hoping we see a "Timeless Horde" and engineers get to build flux capacitors.

I can't wait to see peoples reaction when 6.2 rolls around and trolls start pouring out of some portal or something somewhere.
    I've been waiting 3 expansions for this mythical mandatory troll raid. We have only had two, ZA and ZG. While ToT had for troll themed bosses ToT was a mogu raid.