Deleted

Thok 25h healing

Hey guys

Im having quite hard time healing Thok 25h, hope you can help me out here - Im not even pulling 400k hps with setup which seems to be the best (NV and FON) My mastery is 100% up, WG on cd, other gcds are used for blanketing raid with rejuvs and mends..

Go you have any good advises for me ?

Im trying to bloom often but as you really cant stack up schrooms my blooms suck, maybe thats the mistake ? should I sit on fully charged schrooms and bloom them only once as 'raid cd' ? FON seems to be performing better - whats your experience ?

thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Milky Way > Earth > Europe > The Netherlands

Cool

Hello there!

First off, exactly how much over 400k hps were you thinking of doing, considering only 5 Druids have done that: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings...ec=Restoration

But anyway.. for us to see what's going on in your situation, it would help if you could post some logs and a working link to your armory(logged out with pve gear). The link on your twitch page isn't working.

As for talents, I personally prefer SoTF over FoN and you should be bugging one of your paladins for a bubble to Tranq, if you're not getting one already. If you cannot get a bubble from a Paladin, you can use the haste from SoTF to sneak in a Tranquility during screeches.

The Mushroom is a bit slower to charge further on during the stack phase sometimes, but I'd still try to use Bloom early on and then another one for when you phase it.

Sadly, I cannot really comment on much more right now without some logs.

Kind regards,
    Shifts

Quote Originally Posted by Shifts View Post
    Sadly, I cannot really comment on much more right now without some logs.
    K, found your armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Ysoph/advanced
    And some recent logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=6993&e=7250

I really hope this is you.
    Here is what I can see from the logs.
    1. You aren't using Thok's Acid Grooved Tooth. The cleave healing in 25 that this trinket does is insane - and it almost does as much as tranquility - I highly suggest you use it.

2. Your lifebloom uptime is extremely low. I struggle with keeping up LB on the tank and on the person fixated as well, however even if the majority of this goes to overheal on this fight, it is simply in your best interest to keep it up as much as possible for OOC procs.

3. As far as blooming your shroom - you should only do so twice in the stack phases - once about half way through the phase, and once when he begins the fixate phase but before everyone moves away from the boss. Its best when you can predict when the next screech is going to push him, and bloom your shroom immediately as he screeches. Any more than that and you are just wasting GCD's and screwing yourself out of 3+ seconds of efflo healing.

4. You need to set up a rotation for your healing and raid cool downs. Going by your longest attempt - it doesn't seem that you guys have been using CD's in any particular order, its just look like by the logs a pop-em-if-you-got-em strat. For instance you have 2 disc priests, but only one of them used Spirit Shell, once, in a 4 minute fight - also neither used their barriers. I have been looking over the logs, and I couldn't find the use of 1 Ancestral Guidance - and you have 2 resto shamans. You have 2 warriors, and only one used their Demo banner and Rallying Cry. You have 1 ret paladin, but he didn't use Devotion Aura once. Nor did he do any healing with Holy Prism or Light's Hammer.

5. You can afford to drop a bit more spirit. I usually go with 13k on this fight if I am using Dysmorphic, or 14k if I decide to use Thok's trinket. Innervate early, and often and you should be fine. I usually innervate at about 15 stacks on on the first phase, and it is usually up by the 2nd fixate phase.

Judging by what I wrote in item 4, and your post - it seems like every member of the raid is more concerned about ranking on world of logs rather than killing the boss. I hate to break it to you, but you aren't going to even get close to 400k, let alone rank in the top 200 7 healing this fight. You need to focus first on getting your raid to understand that during progression on thok, the proper use of raid cool downs - by everyone - is going to be key to getting your first kill. You personally should be aiming for about 275-300k average HPS on this fight at your ilvl while 7 healing.

Deleted
    thanks for valuable answers guys - I'll try to answer all points :

Ive been checking wol and top druid did 500k which is something our disc is pulling without any problems, I was never overhealed this badly so Im wondering if Im not missing something here..

Yes those logs and armory are mine. I unfortunately dont have that trinket, I reroled few lockouts ago from bala/guardian. Im moreless ignoring LBs because I cant use ooc procs anyway and I just feel that to use gcd on reju is gain over refreshing LB on tank but that might be not correct and I can refresh LBs with set procs so this really is something to improve.

We have set CD order, including hand on me but execution kinda sucks so it might look like no cd order at all Good comments on those missing raid cds I'll check our logs

I was using 15k before I dropped dysmorphic, I'll try to convert 2k spirit into mastery, good tips, thanks

1: It's absolutely crucial that your raid leader arranges a good cd rotation for things such as tranq, bubbles, healing tide, shouts etc.
    2: I had the best healing results when I kept my healing as simple as possible: Only popping mushroom at the final screech of each phase, keeping LB on the tank with 2 set bonus or swiftmend, and then 10-12 rejuvenations rolling on raid members. It consumed nearly all my mana, but I had time to recover a large chunk in the running phases where I pretty much just kept LB on the tank.
    Last edited by Mikael123; 2014-06-06 at 10:47 AM.

While I agree that there is no way to beat a good priest or shaman on healing meters on Thok, your output does indeed seem pretty low during the high damage phases. I'm comparing you to my latest kill (which was in 10 man, so my healing should be lower), and I'm only looking at the important part of the fight: 1 minute from stack ~6 to stack ~28. And I'm looking at the raw HPS, so it doesn't matter what the other healers did.

Your log (22:00:30 to 22:01:30): You did 36.7 mio raw healing or 450k HPS during P1.
    My log (0:32 to 1:35): I did 48 mio raw healing or 760k HPS during P1.

While my gear is clearly better than yours, it's only 4 item levels and you are doing 25 man (so your tranq heals for much more), the difference is much too big. You need to put out more healing during that most important part of the fight. To give you some ideas what you could do more, here is the breakdown of the (raw) healing abilities (you can see those in the logs yourself):

Spell - Me vs. You
    Rejuv: 16 mio (256 ticks) vs. 13.3 mio (260 ticks)
    WG: 7.9 mio (492 ticks) vs. 4.2 mio (348 ticks)
    Shroom: 5.8 mio (2 blooms) vs. 1.6 mio (1 bloom?)
    Efflo: 5.55 mio (114 ticks) vs. 4 mio (99 ticks)
    Cleave: 3.4 mio vs -
    NV: 2.25 mio (60 hits) vs. 200k (6 hits)
    Lifebloom: 2.1 mio (66 ticks) vs. -
    Direct (HT+SM): 1.9 mio (6 casts) vs. 590k (4 casts)
    Tranq: - vs. 9.5 mio

So although you healed so much with your tranq, except for Rejuv you aren't using your spells enough. Also you need to use NV when it counts (not at the start with hardly anything to heal). And you need that cleave trinket.

Edit: I don't know how you got so few WG ticks. Do you use SotF with WG? (You did get SotF 3 times.)
    Last edited by Thalur; 2014-06-06 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysoph View Post
    thanks for valuable answers guys - I'll try to answer all points :

Ive been checking wol and top druid did 500k which is something our disc is pulling without any problems, I was never overhealed this badly so Im wondering if Im not missing something here..
    Top druid on WoL does 430k hps... and thats the #1 druid in the entire world, on his best fights, beyond him it drops quickly below 400k hps.

he also 5healed the fight which is kinda crazy. Don't expect to do the same numbers...

Druids are also not that great on this fight, discpriest and shamans should rock healing on that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Milky Way > Earth > Europe > The Netherlands
    My guild has been using 5 healers for Thok for a long time now; It's really not thát crazy to be honest: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...1&type=healing.

Also, I disagree with your statement that Restodruids are not thát great on this fight. Maybe we're not top, but we do perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Whydrood View Post

4. You need to set up a rotation for your healing and raid cool downs. Going by your longest attempt - it doesn't seem that you guys have been using CD's in any particular order, its just look like by the logs a pop-em-if-you-got-em strat. For instance you have 2 disc priests, but only one of them used Spirit Shell, once, in a 4 minute fight - also neither used their barriers. I have been looking over the logs, and I couldn't find the use of 1 Ancestral Guidance - and you have 2 resto shamans. You have 2 warriors, and only one used their Demo banner and Rallying Cry. You have 1 ret paladin, but he didn't use Devotion Aura once. Nor did he do any healing with Holy Prism or Light's Hammer.
    The resto shamans not using AG isn't really a mistake in most cases. The ability doesn't scale in power going from 10 to 25, so what's a super strong CD in 10 man becomes quite lackluster in a 25 enviroment. Most shamans goes with the talent that lets them extend healing rain instead AFAIK.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2014-06-06 at 05:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifts View Post
    Also, I disagree with your statement that Restodruids are not thát great on this fight. Maybe we're not top, but we do perfectly fine.
    True. Druid may be doing less overall healing than a disco priest, but efflo is one of the most powerful tool for this fight since it gives your raid constant healing stream.