Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    This shit should not be rewarded or encouraged. He found an 'original' way to be a complete no-lifer
    Why are you so annoyed at this? What's it to you?
    Lock rocks, made to order.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavinath View Post
    Side note: 1 hour ago he earned the achievement Bushels and Bushels, which you have to gather 100.000 herbs to get. That's pretty intense o.O
    He earned it several times already.. You get this every time you get 100.000 herbs - he's mined far more than that :O As someone counted here - you need something like 6mil gathers to get to 90...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NeutralAgent View Post
    17 more days to 90!
    Good luck man! I wish you join Leeroy, Red Shirt Guy and many more that got honored as an NPC in game, that's really impressive feat..

Just.. when you reach 90 and become The-One-That-Has-No-Life.. Please don't 1shot mods and players not flagged for pvp. I don't want to farm on boars ;P*

Wish I could roll a panda on US realm just to see you get that last ding!

*make love not warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

It's interesting, but ultimately probably something he'll regret down the road. Are the 15 seconds of fame from the WoW community worth the countless hours spent doing the same thing over and over? Hopefully they will be to him in the future looking back, but they wouldn't be to me. More power to him if it makes him happy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    He can't get in because he's stuck on the Wandering Isle.
    Yup. This pandaren doesn't have a faction, hence can't use mail, can't group with anyone outside, can't join a guild or enter any queue.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    It's interesting, but ultimately probably something he'll regret down the road. Are the 15 seconds of fame from the WoW community worth the countless hours spent doing the same thing over and over? Hopefully they will be to him in the future looking back, but they wouldn't be to me. More power to him if it makes him happy, though.
    I am pretty sure he didn't do this just for the fame from the WoW community, but probably because he just felt like doing something. I would personally love to be able to do something like this so that way I could be bored, rather than more than bored.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I genuinely hope he gets some kind of cool title fr this, like "The Neutral" or something... Would be so very fitting.
    Should be, "The Double Agent" LOL.

So his nameplate reads:

Doubleagent, The Double Agent.

XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NeutralAgent View Post
    Once one person leaves the isle the party breaks, you are no longer on the same faction and cannot use it to summon. As for 170 days back before I'd say level 55 I used to afk a lot more on the isle before people started hearing what I was doing and accusations started, I basically now only try to log on the character if I'm going to be actively doing something, because god forbid someone message me and I take a few minutes to respond. But yeah, generally now when I'm on I try not to leave the computer for long. There's a wow insider interview from about Feb that explains about the leveling process. 17 more days to 90!
    I have the strangest kind of respect for you, right now, my man.
    Can't wait to hear about you from Blizzard/& once you hit 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    I'm 100000% sure.
    I have done Insane achievement 95% by hand and I know how boring and slow process it is.
    Well now imagine even slower and more boring process here with herbing all the way to level 90. I say he botted for 4-8 hours per day so he wouldn't be seen as bot. This is not human for someone to do same stuff over and over for more than a year for 8+hours per day.
    I'll probably be infracted for this, but I have a feeling you're a child. Why?

Doing the same stuff over and over for more than a year for 8+ hours a day is called "new at my job", and it's what adult human life IS. "Fairly experienced" at your job is 2-3 years of doing the same stuff over and over for 8+ hours a day.

After 40 years of doing the same stuff over and over for 8+ hours a day, you get the privilege of finally stopping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    No, both is only available after you finished the pandaren questline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't think you can until you leave the starter zone.

Basically, he roams the Wandering Isle, day after day, picking flowers.

Just picture it!

Now there is one guy who is NOT waiting for the turtle!
    I see, thanks for info.
    Well then, that's a truly peaceful pandaren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Pandaren don't get more rested afaik

Monks get their bonus xp, but thats from a daily quest(also a normal quest every 10 levels)
    Inner Peace might disagree with you. Gives twice as long, instead of twice as fast within a guild. So he has a good leap for one not in a guild.

And I don't think he would get the buff as a Monk since you cannot leave the isle before you have selected. The buff monks get means you would have to leave the isle

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I see, thanks for info.
    Well then, that's a truly peaceful pandaren.
    Basicly like the few who did the pacifist levelling, except, they aren't allowed to attack anything for XP. Think that is why most levelled that as Rogue or Night Elf in general, or hunter I think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Guy View Post
    Should be, "The Double Agent" LOL.

So his nameplate reads:

Doubleagent, The Double Agent.

XD
    Nah, Doubleagent, the Undecided.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Basicly like the few who did the pacifist levelling, except, they aren't allowed to attack anything for XP. Think that is why most levelled that as Rogue or Night Elf in general, or hunter I think.
    Except pacifist levelling allows you to move to higher experience nodes than good old mageroyal (or whatever he's picking on the island xD)
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Except pacifist levelling allows you to move to higher experience nodes than good old mageroyal (or whatever he's picking on the island xD)
    Oh, that is true. Unsure, do you get rewarded on the color of the nodes (Grey/green/yellow/orange)? If so, does he just remove his professions and relevel?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh, that is true. Unsure, do you get rewarded on the color of the nodes (Grey/green/yellow/orange)? If so, does he just remove his professions and relevel?
    Think you always get some XP, even if it's gray.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Think you always get some XP, even if it's gray.
    Oh, I know you get some always. Was more, if you get more depending on 'grade'

Isn't he just botting?
    Anyway, a new experience awaits him in WoD. Yay.

Deleted
    I feel torn over these sorts of insane WoW feats. On the one hand I think "Holy crap, that's kind of awesome". On the other I think "If only you'd spent all that time and effort on a real-life accomplishment".

Quote Originally Posted by Bluejam View Post
    I feel torn over these sorts of insane WoW feats. On the one hand I think "Holy crap, that's kind of awesome". On the other I think "If only you'd spent all that time and effort on a real-life accomplishment".
    You could say the same for every single person on this forum. Basically he's just using his normal WoW time to do this instead of becoming a raiding/pvp hero.

Deleted
    Wow. The first time I heard about if, I thought it wasn`t true... Such patience and determination... I would hire this guy!

Now I have two questions:
    - I would hate the waste, could he at least send all the gathered mats to an alt, or did he have to vendor it? I don't know if I remember correctly, but I think I sent some bags to my pandas while they were on the island.
    - Is it possible to use an instant 90 spell on a neutral pandaren (just wondering)

I applaud his patience but won't he be stuck on that island from the Pandaren starting zone ?

A real shame,it does seem quite in vain,if he could somehow exit and be able to walk around in both factions then that would be awsome,and maybe a fitting reward for such a insane and time consuming thing to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkash View Post
    W- I would hate the waste, could he at least send all the gathered mats to an alt, or did he have to vendor it? I don't know if I remember correctly, but I think I sent some bags to my pandas while they were on the island.
    There's no mailboxes on the turtle, nor you can send any mail, since he has no faction.
    So all the herbs were vendored.. For something like 15k gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Makkash View Post
    - Is it possible to use an instant 90 spell on a neutral pandaren (just wondering)
    Yes - you can boost lv1 pandaren, but while doing so it forces you to choose faction, during the boost process. So you end up with a lv90 pandaren that has a faction.
    So in conclusion - you cannot boost panda to 90 and still be neutral.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Pickin up dem flowers, minin all dat ore.