Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Stormwind Repairs, Reagent Bank, Blueprint Prices, New Quests and Items, Hogger Pet

Seasonal Legendaries Will Drop For Normal Chars After a Season Ends, Blizzard Looking to Improve Clan Communication, DH Build

Ben Brode on the Word Random

Datamined Unreleased Heroes Update, Town Hall #16

Warlords of Draenor - Stormwind Repairs
    It looks like progress on the Stormwind repairs may be made during Warlords of Draenor!

Warlords of Draenor Alpha - Reagent Bank
    Warlords of Draenor will add another tab to your regular bank with 98 slots to store profession reagents. Keep in mind that profession reagents will now form much larger stacks, with many stacking to 200.

Warlords of Draenor Alpha - Void Storage Size Increase
    Warlords of Draenor also increases the size of Void Storage, adding a second tab with the same number of slots as the first.

Warlords of Draenor Alpha - Garrison Blueprint Prices
    If you choose to avoid questing or other activities that reward blueprints for your garrison while leveling, you can still purchase blueprints for the buildings at level 100.

Currently every building's blueprint costs 5,000 gold, with the exception of the stables, which cost 1,000 gold. Keep in mind that this is early alpha, so prices can and will likely change before release.

Warlords of Draenor Alpha - New Quests
    Several new quests were added in the latest build, many of them being tracking quests or quests for rare spawns and treasure found in the world.

We have listed the others below, but you can find the full list of new quests on the WoWDB Beta site and our original Warlords quest preview here.

Level Name Objective Zone
    The Rise of Aku'maiKill Aku'mai the Devourer
    Looking For HelpFind a local fisherman that can help our cause.
    Blingtron 5000
    Daily
    100Darkmoon Iron DeckReturn the Iron Deck to the Darkmoon Faire when it comes to town.
    100Darkmoon Moon DeckReturn the Moon Deck to the Darkmoon Faire when it comes to town.
    100Darkmoon Visions DeckReturn the Visions Deck to the Darkmoon Faire when it comes to town.
    100Darkmoon War DeckReturn the War Deck to the Darkmoon Faire when it comes to town.
    Fire Ammonite
    Daily
    Mak'jin wants you to collect 10 Fire Ammonite Eggs from Frostfire Ridge.
    90Avenge and ReclaimSlay Kadar's killer and retrieve the book.
    90Breakers Invasion!Speak with Legionaire Grimjaw in your garrison.
    90Starting a Work OrderGive the alchemist's assistant enough Blackrock Ore and Frostweed to start your first Alchemy Lab work order.
    90The Mysterious FlaskSpeak to the Lo'nash at your garrison.
    90The AlchemistFind Kadar.
    90The ApprenticeRescue Ang'kra.
    90Honor and RememberGather Frostweed and Fireweed seeds.
    90What We NeedCollect 10 Drudgeboat Salvage.
    90What We GotHave Skaggit get the peons working, collect Lady Sena's Stash of Stone, find and learn Gazlowe's missing blueprints.
    90We Require More MaterialsGather 50 Materials.
    90We Need An ArmySpeak with High Overlord Saurfang.
    91The Ogron Live?Slay Groog.
    90Mission ProbableUse the Command Table to send Olin Umberhide on a mission.
    25The Rise of Aku'maiKill Aku'mai the Devourer Blackfathom Deeps
    Cordana Summon Talador
    92SlumberbloomUse rocks to destroy the slumberblooms Shadowmoon Valley
    92Oath of Shadow Hunter Rala Frostfire Ridge
    92Mulverick's Offer of Service Frostfire Ridge
    92We Be Needin' SuppliesSpeak with Shadow Hunter Rala at Darkspear's Edge in Frostfire Ridge. Frostfire Ridge
    90The Land ProvidesCollect 30 Frozen Plant Matter. Frostfire Ridge
    92The Dark Lady's Gift Frostfire Ridge
    91The Bounty of BladespireTake your share of the plunder for Durotan's chest. Frostfire Ridge
    90The Den of SkogKill Skog. Frostfire Ridge
    90The Den of SkogKill Skog. Frostfire Ridge
    94It's a Matter of StrategySpeak to Hol'wud to secure a flight to Talador. Frostfire Ridge
    93Basic SkulltakingTake the skulls from 5 dead Skulltakers. Gorgrond
    93Skulltaker's RevengeKill 10 Fungal Lurchers. Gorgrond
    93Mysterious PodBring the Glowing Red Pod to Grulkor at Red Zangar in Gorgrond. Gorgrond
    93Rangari StationFollow the Broken Road to Rangari Station. Gorgrond
    93The Fara FaucetSlay 6 Seed Sentries. Gorgrond
    96Krikka and Vakora Tracking Spires of Arak
    100Bonus Objective: Cleaning Out the Pale The Forgotten Caves

World of Warcraft 10th Anniversary Reward
    Hogs will be one of the 10th Anniversary rewards this year. Right now it uses a smaller version of Hogger's model.

Warlords of Draenor Alpha - New Items
    Some new items were added to the database today, including the gear from Frostfire Ridge and some other items listed below.

Level Type Slot Name
    100Book A Treatise on Mining in Draenor
    100Book A Compendium of the Herbs of Draenor
    100Book A Guide to Skinning in Draenor
    100Book Fishing Guide to Draenor
    100Alchemy Recipe A Treatise on the Alchemy of Draenor [TEMP]
    10ClothHead Magic Bunny Hat
    10ClothWrists Lasso Bracers, Powerup
    10ClothWrists Lasso Bracers, Humanoid
    1Consumable Dance Hat

Warlords of Draenor Alpha - Stat Squish Status
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Those in our Alpha will immediately notice that the stats on your gear, as well as your base health, have been scaled down as part of our broad "stat squish" that we have previously discussed.

All content in Draenor is currently suited to these new values, and Siege of Orgrimmar has actually been converted to use the new raid structure (since I know that the absolute first thing everyone will want to do upon getting access to our Alpha is to go run Siege). But if you find yourself in any other locations in the old world, beware that while creature health and melee damage has been "squished," the damage values of their abilities/spells has not yet been. So a yaungol's Fireball that used to hit you for 50,000 still hits you for 50,000. (But you of course have far less health now.)

We're making sure that we're completely happy with the state of numbers before taking the final step of locking in those values for all old content, since it's a lot of data to touch. So in the meantime, if you decide to do something like visit Timeless Isle, or Throne of Thunder, or other pre-Warlords content, it will not go well for you. But please don't be alarmed or concerned that you'll be unable to do older content as a result of the squish. The current state of affairs is temporary, and we'll let you know once Azeroth has been fully updated to reflect the new stat values.

Azeroth Choppers Vote
    I saw enough people--and it's been my task to develop and watch much of the social support surrounding Choppers--saying they play Alliance but would be voting for the Horde bike. It wasn't a negligible amount, either. Probably a good indicator that this wasn't just a "vote for your faction" situation for everyone, and enough people voted for the bike they just liked the looks of better to make a difference.

I think it would have been cool to have people pick which faction they play for, as well as which bike they like better, so we could see what that data breakdown is, but that just wasn't the purpose or scope of the project.

I have never, ever seen a more one-sided poll in my life. This is obviously fabricated.
    If it were fabricated it would have been much closer, as there could have been some drama built up over a close proximity of voting percentages. Having such a one-sided result left us with a less exciting way to present a result. So, no, it being so one-sided was decidedly less than ideal. But hey, that's the risk you run with a popular vote.

The goal was to have the community vote for which bike should be in-game, and that's what happened.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warlords of Draenor Professions and Character Boosts
    With the 90 boosts we want to ensure getting professions to a point where they're usable by your character supports where you want to be in the game, and doesn't require things like going back to low level zones to farm materials for crafting. Of course if your character is above level 60 when you boost you get the bonus of fully leveled primary professions. If you aren't 60 when you boost, we want to ensure professions are fairly painless to get up to a level where they're useful for your newly boosted 90 (or even if you just never bothered leveling them before). In Warlords, Herbalism and Mining will be changing to a fishing-like structure, where skill ups can be obtained from any nodes, and only the result of what you get is based on skill level. Materials to level up crafting can be obtained wholly within the newest content (Warlords) with catch up recipes like Cooking saw in Mists, and potentially additional paths to allow players to avoid having to go back to old content, if they wish.

From the Warlords of Draenor Alpha patch notes:

• Herbalists can now harvest herbs throughout the game world without hard skill requirements. The yield an Herbalist will be able to harvest from each node is now determined by skill level.
    • Miners can now harvest mineral nodes in outdoor areas of the game world without hard skill requirements. The yield a Miner will be able to harvest from each node is now determined by skill level.
      [/i]

Why is skinning never included in these skill-up bonuses? Skinning is the only one where I seem to always find myself going back to lower level areas committing genocide and taking mobs away from lowbies to level it because I need the skill.

Was it an abuse issue or something? You'd think it would be more abusive to have to clear vastly lower level areas for skins, right? Leatherworking could use some serious love too...

The way skinning loot tables work makes it a very different situation than the other gathering professions, and so it's a technical limitation that keeps us from being able to easily base the result off of skill level. I know it is a desire to resolve that limitation, but it of course requires engineering work, and I'm not sure when that's expected to be completed. It could be something fairly complex, I'm not sure. I'll follow up. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Experience in Groups While Leveling
    half xp, but you do slaughter mobs much quicker in a group[/i]
    Right, the intent is of course to compensate for the fact that you'll actually kill mobs more than X times quicker (where X is the number of people in the party) due to not only increased damage, but increase in breadth of abilities being available from multiple characters. You're able to be more efficient, which means quests are completed faster, and quest XP is generally where the majority of your experience is coming from. You're going to be leveling faster than you would alone as long as your efficiency keeps pace with each additional party member added. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Hunter (Forums / Skills / WoD Talent Calculator)
    Any chance we ever see a ranged attacking hunter pet? I feel hydras would be the best for it. Pathing issues makes more appealing.
    Would love to do these, need to talk to class guys about balance. (Muffinus)

Update: Rylaks now tameable (exotic). Hook wasps have joined the wasp family. Still no unicorns. (Muffinus)
    Can we get a hint as to what a Rylak is? Is it a new creature we've never seen from datamining, or an older creature we had?
    Iron Skyreaver is a Rylak. (Muffinus)

PvP
    is PVP gear going to exactly match pve? or different model sets? different colours?
    Same models. Mostly likely different colors. (holinka)

Hi unsure of this has been asked/answered, but will PvP gear change with spec as PvE gear will in WoD? This would be amazing.
    yes it will! (holinka)

Garrisons
    I'm liking the idea of having the garrison outposts in zones - kind of a home away from home away from home!
    That's the idea! You will be able to do some basic garrison functions from the outposts too, like missions! (Source)
    How big will the Outposts be?
    They are good sized quest hubs.
    Will some of your followers be found at the outposts?
    We are contemplating that for sure.
    Will we have to micromanage the remaining outposts that we establish as well, or will they be of a more passive nature?
    The outposts are passive. You can choose to interact with missions there as a bonus while you are in that zone. (Source)

so if armory is an artillery strike what does a mage tower grant?
    The current design on the Mage Tower is that you summon a Guardian Orb help you in combat. (Source)

for the workshop in gorgrond can i pick my champion? Like a champion of the alliance?
    It actually summons a random champion from a pool each time. All have unique effects. (Source)

What does the arena do for you?
    New missions and bonuses and specs to improve the gorgrond ability and follower upgrades. (Source)

Let's say I build a sparring arena in Gorgrond and a Lumber mill in my SMV garrison. Will I get both perks in Gorgrond or only one?
    You would not be able to do that since your choice in Gorgrond rewards the corresponding building plan for your garrison.
    I mean at max level and I build a lumber mill in my garrison, but a sparring arena in Gorgrond.
    You will get the bonus you chose in that zone. In this case, you would have access to the Sparring Arena bonus in Gorgrond. (Source)

Wasn't it said that you could get the plan you didn't choose via other means?
    It mentioned you can buy the other at 100, but I think it's only for the Garrison. Would love clarification.

For the garrison, yes. The outpost is currently a one-time decision. (Source)

Breeding pets is no longer a planned feature, right? Is the stable only used to house pets and trainers now?
    Its the Menagerie now, and yes, no breeding. It will offer some very cool pet battles bonuses though! (Source)

I hope there will be things you can place in your Garrison that you can get in various ways. Boss drops, lootable rare objects
    Monuments are currently planned to unlock via achievements. Buildings and followers come from MANY sources. Keep in mind, the focus of the garrison is gameplay. Customization is very cool, but not the main draw.(Source)

Are you still considering allowing us to move the Garrisons to another zone at max level, or is that now completely scrapped?
    No plans for that at launch, could always happen in the future though. (Source)

Reading part 1 of the Garrison blog it seems like you can't opt out without it drastically hurting your experience.
    What in particular gave you that reaction? (WatcherDev)
    raise an army capable of toppling the Iron Horde, and the Garrison is integral to that experience
    That's accurate in terms of the story though. Your mission in Draenor is to build a base and rally an army against the Iron Horde. (WatcherDev)
    If you just want to run dungeons or do BGs or whatever else and then raid/PvP/etc. at 100, though, you can absolutely do that. (WatcherDev)

I think I asked this before, but how do garrisons events works. is there conditions to trigger an event or gain new enemies?
    Yep, various conditions, not quite ready to talk about them yet. Ideally, it feels like a response to YOUR actions in Draenor. (Muffinus)

You guys may have answered this elsewhere but will garrisons have their own banks?
    You can access your bank from the Storehouse, or one of the Stables specializations. (Muffinus)

Patch 5.4.8 Hotfixes - June 4
    Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios
    • Queuing for a non-random Normal Scenario now awards 30 Justice Points on completion (down from 70 Justice Points).

Blue Tracker Updated
    The Blue Post Tracker is now tracking the Warlords of Draenor Alpha forums!

Last edited by chaud; 2014-06-06 at 09:49 AM.

Deleted
    Hogger as a pet?

This just made my day! *squee*

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    really?? every building will cost like epic mount?! so if i dont have money...i wont be able to play/build a garrison?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91 View Post
    really?? every building will cost like epic mount?! so if i dont have money...i wont be able to play/build a garrison?!
    You can always get the recipes through questing and drops.

That massive Reagent Tab.

Thank you based Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bison91
    That is if you choose to skip questing.

200?! I thought it was 100!

Good thing I hoarded all my materials while I waited anyway...but damn, getting twice as much of the materials I don't have is going to take a while.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    PvP sets will use PvE models? :|

Deleted
    Reagent Bank :
    shared by all characters on that account / server?

why do garrisons seem to offer more and more ways to not interact with other people?

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    why do garrisons seem to offer more and more ways to not interact with other people?
    Why would it need to? The farm didn't.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Engelszorn View Post
    You can always get the recipes through questing and drops.
    Ah, that's nice since I'm not gold farmer.

Deleted
    Guess I can stop storing stuff in my mail and clean out my guild bank a bit... about bloody time, to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving this expansion more and more with each update. Dat bank and void storage... mmmm mmmmm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reagent tab... that's.... the best damn thing since everything.

yay finally another VS tab I mean 4 or 10 would be nice but i guess they need to work on other cash shop items first.

10 year anniversary is a scaled down gnoll? I really thought they'd have some pride in their work and go all out.

I'm sure it wasn't a coincidence they announced Stormwind finally being repaired a couple hours after Choppergate.

Deleted
    Reagent bank tab straight from GW2. Hopefully we would be able to send the reagent there from the bags as well. I approve greatly of this

Oh yay a Magic Bunny Hat!

In general I like everything of this update, can't wait for WoD...so excited ^^