Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Favourite game of the 7th Generation?

Which are your favourite games which came out on the 7th gen consoles, Wii, Xbox 360 and the PS3.

Some of mine are:

Uncharted 2
    Darksiders 1 and 2
    The legend of zelda : Skyward sword
    Halo 3
    Tomb raider reboot
    Sleeping dogs
    Saints row the third.

The games of the 7th generation were pretty boring that round. Mario Kart Wii was the only memorable one I could think of.

10+ Year Old Account
    donno i guess rainbow six vegas would be one since i played it alot.. terrorist hunt was my fav gamemode.. i was never really a fan of the pvp stuff coop campaign was fun too i still remember the elevator glitch at the last mission where you could rush the objective before the enemies spawned and get some quick exp but unfortunately they eventually fixed it and made it so you got little to no exp for doing it wether legit or not..

- - - Updated - - -

i remember playing graw2 alot but it was such a broken game like having to turn off voice chat during the loading screen otherwise it would freeze or crash the game..

- - - Updated - - -

oh and phantasy star universe which was technically my first mmo..
    Last edited by Achaman; 2014-06-08 at 07:23 PM.
    "it's being bound to work or study that allows us to live like people." Illya

CoD 4, best FPS of all time.

Deleted
    Red Dead Redemption.

Deleted
    Metal Gear Solid 4, hands down for me. Love that series too damn much, and when it came out it really was beautiful on the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    The legend of zelda : Skyward sword
    rofl you serious?

Far Cry: Blood Dragon, Far Cry 3, Borderlands 2, Saints Row the Third, Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend, Guilty Gear 2 Overture, Fallout 3, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Rock Band, Lost Odyssey.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    The games of the 7th generation were pretty boring that round. Mario Kart Wii was the only memorable one I could think of.
    You mean the worst Mario Kart game in the series?

My list:

Red Dead Redemption
    GTAV
    Uncharted 2
    The Last of Us
    God of War 3
    BioShock 1
    BioShock Infinite
    Call of Duty 4(you know when it actually just came out, not the 10 rehashes of it.)
    Halo 4
    Gears of War
    Lost Odyssey
    Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    Tales of Graces F
    Super Mario Galaxy
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Xenoblade Chronicles
    Witcher 2
    Skyrim
    Fallout 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Red Dead Redemption.
    Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    The Souls games and that's about it. Everything else was too easy and boring.
    Until you realize the souls games actually aren't that hard, and most definitely weren't the hardest games of the gen.

I agree the Souls games are good but it isn't because of some mythical difficulty level people have built up around the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mario Kart Wii
    Mass Effect Trilogy
    Dragon Age Origins
    Metroid Prime 3 Corruption
    Super Smash Bros Brawl
    Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2
    Kirby's Epic Yarn
    Fallout 3
    Tomb Raider reboot
    Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga
    Enslaved: Odyssey to The West
    Bioshock Infinite
    Dishonored

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    rofl you serious?
    Opinion.

Should probably familiarize yourself with the concept.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Off the top of my head:

RDR
    Darksiders 1+2
    Tomb Raider Trilogy
    Deathsmiles
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Mass Effect 1+2
    Skyrim (with mods)

Fallout 3
    RB6 Vegas
    MW1/2
    halo 3 [ was solid but no halo 2 ]
    MGS4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Until you realize the souls games actually aren't that hard, and most definitely weren't the hardest games of the gen.

I agree the Souls games are good but it isn't because of some mythical difficulty level people have built up around the game.
    They are not punishingly hard, they require some skill involved compared to most games nowadays and i feel it's the correct ammount of dificulty for a game.

-Bastion
    -SMT4
    -Super smash bros brawl (the mod is just awesome)
    -Metro 2033
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Oblivion
    Chromehounds
    Half-Life 2 via The Orange Box
    Halo 3
    Modern Warfare 2

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    They are not punishingly hard, they require some skill involved compared to most games nowadays and i feel it's the correct ammount of dificulty for a game.
    Or you can play a caster in DS1/2 which is pretty much the equivalent to easy modes in other games(which people praise the Souls game for not having) and pretty face roll. Playing a 2h, no block melee is about the only thing in the game that takes skill pve wise, and that is artificial difficulty that you don't have to put yourself through.

Games like Xcom laugh at the difficulty level of the Souls games. The Souls games are great because of atmosphere, lore and attention to detail not because of their difficulty.

Left 4 Dead (or L4D2 for PC if that's allowed) for me hands down. Countless hours dumped into that series, so much fun.

I enjoyed alot of the games this generation but not even close to the 6th generation.

Ni No Kuni - As a fan of Studio Ghibli movies I loved everything in this game from the music to the world. Flying on the dragon was especially fun.
    Tales of Grace F - beats Xillia imo.
    Uncharted 1 - I still remember getting this game and being blown away by the graphics and setting in this game. Still my favourite.
    Resistance 2 - I spent many nights staying on till 5-6am with friends playing the online portions and loving every second of it.
    CoD4 - Same as Resistance 2 pretty much.
    Final Fantasy 13 - I loved it personally. The pre-rendered cutscenes were amazing to watch on an HDTV back then.
    Mass Effect Trilogy - What can I say? amazing games.
    Resonance of Fate - I have yet to finish this but it still deserves a spot here.
    Burnout Paradise - Not as fun as the PS2 counterparts but still incredibly fun.
    Sleeping Dogs - I wish there are more Asian crime games out there like this.

That's my list but if I had to pick one from them all then it would have to be Uncharted 1.

Super Smash Bros Brawl and just maybe Mario Kart Wii. I enjoyed Nintendo GameCube/GBA/GBC Era alot more. That was my childhood!