Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    On an aside, what sort of gear level would be required to solo him as a Guardian?
    Not particularly much (e.g. I know I did spine after him, and I have like 550k health in my spine vid , which even before the 5.4 buff is really not very much). I don't remember exactly how much, but he's definitely easier than the bosses before and after him, so if you can get to him solo, he should be a pushover.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyendra View Post
    Is it possible to solo Ultraxion as Balance?
    Might be a little late, but unless you're just looking for something to do for funzies, I'd really suggest just doing it as guardian if you have an anywhere decent guardian set. Like Braindwen said before me, it's really easy as guardian.

- - - Updated - - -

And dunno if anyone has posted yet, but just did Heroic Halfus as 572 guardian. Prolly been done before, because it wasn't super difficult - and this is my OS set, mainly comprised of non wf heroic loot.
    I've played balance for five years.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Nelfs are cuter than trolls, regardless of OP racials.
    Facts.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I solo'd the fight on 3 chars until the mount dropped about a week ago. I never encountered the double debuff thing, so I'm not entirely sure why it was happening.

Do you do anything different to just standing on the spot DPS'ing and using Heroic Will with about 1-2 seconds left on Fading Light? was it definately set to 10 man normal? Not sure if heroic has different mechanics regarding Fading Light.
    I've encountered the double debuff thing before. Ultraxion will always try to cast Fading Light twice in 10 man but if you're the main aggro target you will only be affected by the "tank" cast. The only way I've had it happen before was still being under the effects of the threat loss from using Heroic Will in addition to having a pet of some kind out. Since pets can not be targeted by Fading Light he will apply both the tank and 2nd random cast onto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shavokqt View Post
    Might be a little late, but unless you're just looking for something to do for funzies, I'd really suggest just doing it as guardian if you have an anywhere decent guardian set. Like Braindwen said before me, it's really easy as guardian.

- - - Updated - - -

And dunno if anyone has posted yet, but just did Heroic Halfus as 572 guardian. Prolly been done before, because it wasn't super difficult - and this is my OS set, mainly comprised of non wf heroic loot.
    I want to say that Braindwen did it back with ToT gear. Dat Savage Defense Dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    I want to say that Braindwen did it back with ToT gear. Dat Savage Defense Dodge.
    More like that non-fixed NV.
    I've played balance for five years.
    Current main.
    I'm a qt irl.
    Nelfs are cuter than trolls, regardless of OP racials.
    Facts.

Actually, I'm fairly certain NV was still a 3min CD at the time, because it was doable at like 500 ilvl with that NV. Still needed to drop stacks at some point during the fight, because otherwise 3 minutes with just Renewal+MoU+LotP for healing was a little too long.

It's one of two fights bears ACTUALLY did first this expansion (H-halfus+Conclave)
    Last edited by Braindwen; 2014-06-07 at 10:02 PM.

NV was 1.5 minutes during ToT

It certainly helped but being able to reset stacks the most reliably of all tanks was a bigger boon.

Deleted
    Done em with a friend as oomkin this week, but was wondering if my guardian offspec would be good enough to solo ultraxion/lk for mounts. From comments I'd say it's possible, but will I be able to go in and zerg without food/flask/buffs/specific talents, or will I need to prepare properly? ilvl is 540ish with defensive meta/cloak, 2pc setbonus, horrible trinkets but a nice 569 weapon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    Done em with a friend as oomkin this week, but was wondering if my guardian offspec would be good enough to solo ultraxion/lk for mounts. From comments I'd say it's possible, but will I be able to go in and zerg without food/flask/buffs/specific talents, or will I need to prepare properly? ilvl is 540ish with defensive meta/cloak, 2pc setbonus, horrible trinkets but a nice 569 weapon.
    That should be enough, I was around that in my Guardian spec too. As for LK, whats your Balance gear like? It's a lot more fun to solo as Balance, I did it around 555.

Fairly certain I did it as Guardian with 510-520 ilvl back in 5.2. With 540 I probably wouldn't worry about having more than a Flask and pots, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    Nice, this makes Druids and Warlocks the only classes to have soloed Ji-kun now I believe unless a Hunter has as well. Guessing near BiS is a requirement, yes?

Deleted
    Thanks for replies!
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    That should be enough, I was around that in my Guardian spec too. As for LK, whats your Balance gear like? It's a lot more fun to solo as Balance, I did it around 555.
    My druid is 577, I'll give it a go with oomkin if guardian ends up in failure. I just get really annoyed with LK whenever I try do it on caster because of the silences left right and center.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Nice, this makes Druids and Warlocks the only classes to have soloed Ji-kun now I believe unless a Hunter has as well. Guessing near BiS is a requirement, yes?
    The picture shows 708.4xx hp, which I doubt is near BiS since my boomkin has 722.657 in 577 ilvl gear. Kind of curious for a video or description of the fight now. ^^

One more question: does barkskin stack on ultraxion?
    With the buff it goes to 15sec cd with 24sec uptime. Does it just refresh or can you get 9 seconds of double barkskin?

Edit: that picture is like 572ish ilvl without food and stamina buff, so I reckon with higher gear it should be less tight. Or more reliable and less dependant on crit-rng?
    Last edited by mmocfb5d9aca2a; 2014-06-09 at 04:10 PM.

Edit: that picture is like 572ish ilvl without food and stamina buff, so I reckon with higher gear it should be less tight. Or more reliable and less dependant on crit-rng?
    582 ilvl. You're forgetting that HP is lower without hotw. Should be doable with lower though, since I missed at least one feed young buff and my lust drum timing was...bad. Plus the fight can be extended a bit longer into berserk.

I can try to make a video next week if I can get another Ji-kun lockout.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lybydose View Post
    582 ilvl. You're forgetting that HP is lower without hotw. Should be doable with lower though, since I missed at least one feed young buff and my lust drum timing was...bad. Plus the fight can be extended a bit longer into berserk.

I can try to make a video next week if I can get another Ji-kun lockout.
    That'd be amazing! Or just a description on what to do and look out for if you can't get a vid.

It's doable with ~577 gear but the enrage is really tight then.

That'd be amazing! Or just a description on what to do and look out for if you can't get a vid.
    Managed to get a lockout. 9:37 kill time, so definitely doable at lower ilvl, especially since cooldowns were coming up just as I killed him.

Deleted
    Woop thanks for the vid! Gonna need to try that out for sure.

LK was oneshot although I hit hard enrage which gave enough vengeance to clear last 7M or so of his hp. Ultraxion hit hard enrage at 2M but going back now with food/flask/drums/etc. Also had some gear in bags that I hadn't enchanted/gemmed for some reason and never used, gained 6 ilvls, should be doable now.

- - - Updated - - -

60k wipe on ultraxion because i was a retard and hit my button on his hard enrage cast.
    Edit: woop down in 5:47, tighter than i had thought.
    Last edited by mmocfb5d9aca2a; 2014-06-11 at 11:00 AM.

One more question: does barkskin stack on ultraxion?
    With the buff it goes to 15sec cd with 24sec uptime. Does it just refresh or can you get 9 seconds of double barkskin?
    Didn't see a response or know if you still needed one, but you can only have one instance of Barkskin, and it'll just overwrite the previous one in this case.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    Edit: woop down in 5:47, tighter than i had thought.
    How did you survive for that long exactly? Thought you were boomkin?