Question Leveling (grinding) 85+ on Timeless Isle?

Dear fellow warriors,

I've recently rolled a warr, and currently still in my leveling infancy, but I have pretty much every other class at 90, and probably wouldn't bear another questing drag through MoP.

This thread is also not about the boost to 90 - I've used up my free one, and paid one is outrageously priced, imo.

I've leveled a couple of (admittedly ranged) classes on Timeless Isle by grinding those larvae next to Piju village. Good XP, etc.

Has anyone tried this as a warrior? How do you deal with poison spit? What spec worked best - max dps (e.g. bladestorm) or full Prot with shockwave, etc?

Any advice would be most appreciated, thanks!

I found what worked best for my non-ranged classes was to kill the turtles on the beach and large flocks of the cranes, the turtles can hit very hard with snapping bite, but the cranes are really easy. As for the larvae I'd suggest charging in, bladestorming, then intimidating shout (use glyph so they stand in place) and kill 1 at a time.

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Get a buddy to gather the mini-turtles for you and just help nuke it down. Insane amounts of XP and goes very quickly.

Get a friend and kill grubs/turtles, they die fast and are in tight groups / aoe pull tag. make sure your friend is right behind you. 3 hours tops - leveled my friends warrior and rogue doing this.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowdeath9687 View Post
    Get a buddy...
    Would have been too easy!

No, seriously, should have mentioned that my main requirement is solo leveling as my play times and duration are very unpredictable. "Buddies" won't be available, most likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zolok2.0 View Post
    I found what worked best for my non-ranged classes was to kill the turtles on the beach and large flocks of the cranes, the turtles can hit very hard with snapping bite, but the cranes are really easy. As for the larvae I'd suggest charging in, bladestorming, then intimidating shout (use glyph so they stand in place) and kill 1 at a time.
    Sounds reasonable, thanks, I'll try that.

I was picturing some weird strategy with bladestorming, then running around hoping Second Wind heals me up while I prepare for another AOE rush in....

you can kill the grubs if you have not terrible gear and you use your class abilities intelligently. you'll need to use victory rush procs creatively and aoe them with bladestorm as well.