Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    These casual additions saved this game and kept players subscribing because they knew they can run a dungeon or a raid or pvp with a ton of people with little to no effort.
    The underlined part is why they are bad for the game, not the game's popularity, but the game's quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    Saved the game? It was in danger of dying? You do know SWTOR is considered profitable at 200K subs right?
    Blizzard is a publicly traded company. It is not about just making a profit, it is about maintaining stockholder confidence. You do not maintain confidence by being marginally as profitable as you used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    The underlined part is why they are bad for the game, not the game's popularity, but the game's quality.
    Dude, this game is shit compared to Wildstar. Tab-targeting says hello. This fucking game aims for you. Don't mention effort or skill in Warcraft again when Wildstar is just over there.

This game is hello kitty compared to that game. Especially the pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as I'm on the winning side. Sure. Why would I care as long as I get what I want?.
    more subscribers means more profit for Blizzard. More money in the bank pays for more content and support.

Blizzard is a publicly traded company. It is not about just making a profit, it is about maintaining stockholder confidence. You do not maintain confidence by being marginally as profitable as you used to be.
    Uh huh, and when does sub count stop being marginal? 500K? 1 Mill? Cuz we are still 5 million ahead of that mark.

10+ Year Old Account

1) We don't give a fuck if it stays or goes, but your points about how it adds compelling gameplay is pretty retarded.
    Retarded? Really? Why is what I've said about why I love flying retarded?

Deleted
    As long as I'm on the winning side. Sure. Why would I care as long as I get what I want?

Empathy and compromise to let other enjoy what they love? Like in MoP where the new zones were all non flight?

Oh wait this is the internet, everyone is a tough guy here.

I really wish people like you would stop trying to bring economics into your argument. In 2010, when Blizzard had its highest sub numbers, the combined net revenue of Activision-Blizzard was 4.4 billion. In 2013, after a bad year in sub drops, the net revenue of Activision-Blizzard was *drumroll* 4.58 billion! But wait, how does revenue go up when subscription numbers go down? By diversifying their game selection and continuing to focus on quality gameplay that will keep people coming back time and time again.

So while sub numbers can be a good indicator for where a game is trending, a marginal gain/drop in subs has little to no effect on revenue and stockholders don't really care about that "subscription" line. They care about that "Dividends per share" line, and the general analysis for how the company is built up and prepared for the future. Stockholders aren't video game fans who jump ship at the slightest sign of trouble; they make informed investments and are in it for the long haul. Therefore, a company with proven worth and financial stability (ie, Blizzard) is worth far more than anything else, sub numbers be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    more subscribers means more profit for Blizzard. More money in the bank pays for more content and support.
    So yeah, that's not remotely true with their history.

OT: No flying is a non issue. People who think otherwise need unsub and take the extra 15 bucks a month and buy themselves a clue.

Wrong. More subscribers means more free income, sure, but having fewer subscribers has very little impact on how much content Blizzard creates. They made two continents, sixty levels worth of questing, raids, dozens of dungeons, etc, all without a single subscriber at that point.

Obviously if WoW isn't profitable then Blizzard won't continue making content for it, but we're way, way waaaay off that point.

The pro-flying arguments always boil down to "Because I like to use it to explore" or "Flying is the only thing I enjoy in game!"

Despite the fact that you can use other methods to explore (and in fact, exploring would be more fun on a ground mount because you can't easily access everything you want to see) and that if flying is the only thing you enjoy in game, then maybe you should be quitting and find something else that you enjoy a lot more.

Funniest thing I've read all day! Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    Dude, this game is shit compared to Wildstar. Tab-targeting says hello. This fucking game aims for you. Don't mention effort or skill in Warcraft again when Wildstar is just over there.

This game is hello kitty compared to that game. Especially the pvp.
    It takes MAD skills to dodge easy to see telegraphs and such insane boss mechanics like thrash (which is easily dodgeable) or bellow (easily dodgeable)
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    The pro-flying arguments always boil down to "Because I like to use it to explore" or "Flying is the only thing I enjoy in game!"

Despite the fact that you can use other methods to explore (and in fact, exploring would be more fun on a ground mount because you can't easily access everything you want to see) and that if flying is the only thing you enjoy in game, then maybe you should be quitting and find something else that you enjoy a lot more.
    I never said that, nor do most pro-fliers. Nice try at putting words in my mouth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Funniest thing I've read all day! Keep it up!
    Being more profitable is key to stock price. Blizzard wants high stock prices.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-06-10 at 11:59 PM.

I never said that, nor do most pro-fliers. Nice try at putting words in my mouth.
    No, what you said is you don't want to bother with mobs that you find trivial (even though you have yet to encounter them), unchallenging (even though you have yet to see if they have level 100 elites that are challenging to you or the target objectives roaming the low level zones), and no risk with your precious time.

Basically, you don't want to do gameplay that Blizzard feels is important.

Uh huh, and when does sub count stop being marginal? 500K? 1 Mill? Cuz we are still 5 million ahead of that mark.
    / 10 chars
    Last edited by Barkloud; 2014-06-10 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really Dragoncurry, why are my reason I enjoy flight retarded?

Really:

For me, "gameplay" would be any activity in the game I have fun with. I have fun flying, just for the sake of flying.
    Your argument is nothing except: Flying is fun, so it shouldn't be removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, what you said is you don't want to bother with mobs that you find trivial (even though you have yet to encounter them), unchallenging (even though you have yet to see if they have level 100 elites that are challenging to you or the target objectives roaming the low level zones), and no risk with your precious time.

Basically, you don't want to do gameplay that Blizzard feels is important.
    how do you know Blizzard thinks it important for me to kill low level mobs?

Again why are my reasons retarded?

My point is it is not about what you have, it is about where you were.
    Not to stockholders. The past means nothing to an investor, all they care about is the future and the potential gains from supporting a company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Really:

Your argument is nothing except: Flying is fun, so it shouldn't be removed.
    That is part of what I said, nice job at editing out what I said.