Quote Originally Posted by Nayaga View Post
    how do you know Blizzard thinks it important for me to kill low level mobs?

Again why are my reasons retarded?
    What Blizzard decides to make you do in-game is clearly what they feel is important. They want you to stop and enjoy the world instead of flying in the clouds over the entire continent all of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wowalixi View Post
    Not to stockholders. The past means nothing to an investor, all they care about is the future and the potential gains from supporting a company.
    Stockholders love high profits. This increase the value. Of their stock.

Not to stockholders. The past means nothing to an investor, all they care about is the future and the potential gains from supporting a company.
    I agree, I miswrote my comment.

That is part of what I said, nice job at editing out what I said.
    How does what you added onto the rest of that lend any credence to your argument? Your entire argument is that flying is fun, so it shouldn't be removed. You don't give good reasons why flying should stay in the game, except that you enjoy it. Kudos to you for enjoying it, all I see it as is a way to get from A to B, and clearly that's all Blizzard sees it as now.

- - - Updated - - -

Stockholders love high profits. This increase the value. Of their stock.
    The way a company was performing in the past adds value to the current stock? Didn't realize that! Somebody better tell those people who sold their Blockbuster stock to buy more of it!!

So many economics professors in here today.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Blizzard decides to make you do in-game is clearly what they feel is important. They want you to stop and enjoy the world instead of flying in the clouds over the entire continent all of the time.
    I want to enjoy the content too. I love leveling, completing quests and clearing zones. At some point lower level mob fighting is boring to me, this happens when content is consumed and the mobs offers no risk, no challenge and little reward.

Not eveyone enjoys the same things you do in the game. Do you think blizzards expects us all to enjoy everything They put in the game forever? If yes, why do the come out with new expansions? Its because we are bored with the consumed content and want something new.

- - - Updated - - -

How does what you added onto the rest of that lend any credence to your argument? Your entire argument is that flying is fun, so it shouldn't be removed. You don't give good reasons why flying should stay in the game, except that you enjoy it. Kudos to you for enjoying it, all I see it as is a way to get from A to B, and clearly that's all Blizzard sees it as now.

- - - Updated - - -

The way a company was performing in the past adds value to the current stock? Didn't realize that! Somebody better tell those people who sold their Blockbuster stock to buy more of it!!

So many economics professors in here today.
    you have got to be kidding. Blockbuster profitability dropped and so did its stock value.

- - - Updated - - -

How does what you added onto the rest of that lend any credence to your argument? Your entire argument is that flying is fun, so it shouldn't be removed. You don't give good reasons why flying should stay in the game, except that you enjoy it. Kudos to you for enjoying it, all I see it as is a way to get from A to B, and clearly that's all Blizzard sees it as now..
    really stop putting words in my mouth. This debate tactic is pure fail. Please take the time to read my posts before make comments about them.

I want to enjoy the content too. I love leveling, completing quests and clearing zones. At some point lower level mob fighting is boring to me, this happens when content is consumed and the mobs offers no risk, no challenge and little reward.
    Well luckily they're making 100 new levels of mobs and content just for you to enjoy!

Not eveyone enjoys the same things you do in the game. Do you think blizzards expects us all to enjoy everything They put in the game forever? If yes, why do the come out with new expansions? Its because we are bored with the consumed content and want something new.
    I recognize that people enjoy different thinks and I recognize that Blizzard makes new expansions to provide new content. But the fact that Blizzard feels it is important for you to stop and enjoy the world as it is makes your argument about enjoying it moot. Lots of things that people enjoyed have been taken out of the game; old talent trees, elite farming, attunement chains, hardcore dungeons, etc.

you have got to be kidding. Blockbuster profitability dropped and so did its stock value.
    Obviously you have no idea what I was even arguing about. Barkloud tried to claim that a company who once had a game sell 12 million subs wouldn't be as "alluring" to shareholders when the same game only has 7.6 million subs now. Which is a ridiculous argument because it's been 4 years since WoW had 12 million subs and they're still more profitable than ever and investors are still earning great returns. The future and the financial stability of a company is all that matters to investors, not how many people play their online game at that point in time.

So, therefore, Blockbuster was once a mega-chain that was rolling in the dough and now they're broke and out of business. So if we based everything off past performance, than Blockbuster would still be a good buy, yes?

Sad that I have to explain it, really...

- - - Updated - - -

really stop putting words in my mouth. This debate tactic is pure fail. Please take the time to read my posts before make comments about them.
    Ah, using a logical fallacy to try and point out a logical fallacy. You are not even arguing at this point anymore, instead you are ranting about what I am supposedly saying you said. Instead of that, why not try to refine your argument so that people can understand it better and it can't be boiled down to "flying is fun, don't take it out of the game!"

I really wish people like you would stop trying to bring economics into your argument. In 2010, when Blizzard had its highest sub numbers, the combined net revenue of Activision-Blizzard was 4.4 billion. In 2013, after a bad year in sub drops, the net revenue of Activision-Blizzard was *drumroll* 4.58 billion! But wait, how does revenue go up when subscription numbers go down? By diversifying their game selection and continuing to focus on quality gameplay that will keep people coming back time and time again.

So while sub numbers can be a good indicator for where a game is trending, a marginal gain/drop in subs has little to no effect on revenue and stockholders don't really care about that "subscription" line. They care about that "Dividends per share" line, and the general analysis for how the company is built up and prepared for the future. Stockholders aren't video game fans who jump ship at the slightest sign of trouble; they make informed investments and are in it for the long haul. Therefore, a company with proven worth and financial stability (ie, Blizzard) is worth far more than anything else, sub numbers be damned.
    I agree with everything you said. I do not believe they are going to be able to continue trending at 4.5 billion.

I really don't know why these threads continue on. Trying to argue no flying vs the flying crowd is like trying to argue creation or evolution. Neither side will see any reason other than there own point. And the reality is yes it was said there would possibly be no flying through the entire expansion. It was also said before the release of other expansions. In the end it won't happen there will be no flying in the start and by the time the patch comes out it will be in. They can give a thousand and 1 excuses for why they are removing it till the patch but it boils down to they are releasing a content lite expansion and they want to drag it out as long as they can because they can't push content out as fast as they know they need to.

and if it does and you dont like it unsub or just sit in a city to do whatever you need. With the way the dungeon and raid finder works you really dont need to leave a city for much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    I agree with everything you said. I do not believe they are going to be able to continue trending at 4.5 billion.
    With Hearthstone being a smash hit, Diablo 3 picking up steam, SC2 being the go-to game of the RTS genre, Call of Duty being the go-to game of the FPS genre, Skylanders, and Activision's new IP Destiny coming out, I think the company has a very solid future.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are not even arguing at this point anymore, instead you are ranting about what I am supposedly saying you said. Instead of that, why not try to refine your argument so that people can understand it better and it can't be boiled down to "flying is fun, don't take it out of the game!"
    Flying is very important to me to be able to enjoy content. My game time is limited, very limited. I only have one level 90 toon, I don't have time for alts. I don't want to use my limited game time slogging through level 91 mobs at level 100. It's a complete waste of time, there is no risk, no challenge and little reward. If I can fly at max level, I can get on with achievements, pet battles, archaeology, ore, herbs, skinning, exploring, pet collecting, dailies. fishing and so on, without wasting my time in irrelevant mobs.

Wasting my time on irrelevant mobs is not "fun" for me. Fun is subjective, not everyone enjoys the same aspects of the game. Image that.

There is only one reason I play wow and that's to have fun.
    Last edited by Nayaga; 2014-06-11 at 12:54 AM.

I really wish people like you would stop trying to bring economics into your argument. In 2010, when Blizzard had its highest sub numbers, the combined net revenue of Activision-Blizzard was 4.4 billion. In 2013, after a bad year in sub drops, the net revenue of Activision-Blizzard was *drumroll* 4.58 billion! But wait, how does revenue go up when subscription numbers go down? By diversifying their game selection and continuing to focus on quality gameplay that will keep people coming back time and time again.

So while sub numbers can be a good indicator for where a game is trending, a marginal gain/drop in subs has little to no effect on revenue and stockholders don't really care about that "subscription" line. They care about that "Dividends per share" line, and the general analysis for how the company is built up and prepared for the future. Stockholders aren't video game fans who jump ship at the slightest sign of trouble; they make informed investments and are in it for the long haul. Therefore, a company with proven worth and financial stability (ie, Blizzard) is worth far more than anything else, sub numbers be damned.
    You can't take any one side of this and try to extrapolate it into a cogent argument for financials. Sure their profit went up, and subs went down. They also had increase digital sales which completely nullify a middle man in the normal equation.

The fact remains, you cannot possibly continue to gain efficiencies at the pace they have and make up for it by reducing expenditures. You can only get so lean on the development side, can only dip into the 'make a new mount' club, lay off so much staff, without eventually hurting your bottom line. The surest way for them to retain high ROI and the dividends you speak of is to keep subscription numbers up as high as they can.

At least we know what CRZ was finally about though. Too bad they don't publish costs for the their data centers in their quarterly reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetpeaz View Post
    If you don't think removal of flight makes WoW even more of an MMO on rails, I don't know what else to try. Common sense didn't work, neither did facts regarding the change in game fron TBC which was an MMO off rails, to the current iteration of WoW.

Me thinks you just have your mind set and nothing would sway you from you perch.
    It's funny that flying is what makes an MMO on or off the rails. That's fine for you to think for yourself, but don't try to present it as a fact.

Blizzard is a publicly traded company. It is not about just making a profit, it is about maintaining stockholder confidence. You do not maintain confidence by being marginally as profitable as you used to be.
    Once again, you're delusional m8. You probably spend your time not spent on the forums bouncing your arguments off an echo chamber.
    The stockholder confidence thing has already been picked to pieces by others so no further comment here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    It's funny that flying is what makes an MMO on or off the rails. That's fine for you to think for yourself, but don't try to present it as a fact.
    Clearly, I stated "......removal of flight makes WoW even more of an MMO on rails". I know you're smart enough to know what that really means, so please don't make it seem like I am saying things I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    I understand the people that don't like the state of the game and blame flying for it. They are like our ancestors that blamed the gods for floodings. Sure we now know they were retarded and in the meantime we've build dams to control floods, and instead of throwing the virgins into volcanoes, we just fuck them. So yeah, when their hopes will get totally crashed, and there'll be no "amazing" world PvP and there will be no player interaction & love, and in fact all there will be is more down time by traveling, then the rage will start. I have my popcorn reserved already.
    I 100% believe this will come to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    It takes MAD skills to dodge easy to see telegraphs and such insane boss mechanics like thrash (which is easily dodgeable) or bellow (easily dodgeable)
    ...all while aiming your own abilities it = more skills than to press your "target ____" keybound button. and mash your class stun. Don't kid yourself fella.

I really look forward to no flying. I feel it is going to take the game in all the right directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I really look forward to no flying. I feel it is going to take the game in all the right directions.
    Ahhh the day isn't complete without Ygg coming in and spamming troll statements without the ability to back it up with any kind of evidence...

You would be just as served proclaiming your love for the taste of poop! I mean, how could those 2 girls be wrong?
    Last edited by Drytoast; 2014-06-11 at 02:45 AM.

With Hearthstone being a smash hit, Diablo 3 picking up steam, SC2 being the go-to game of the RTS genre, Call of Duty being the go-to game of the FPS genre, Skylanders, and Activision's new IP Destiny coming out, I think the company has a very solid future.
    Wow is a cash cow for now. 14 months of zero content, virtually nothing is done for half an expansion. That is nothing but pure profit for blizz. Players will only take this abuse for so long. Blizzard has abused their customers good will and screwed them royally.

We promise no more long dry spells follow up by a long dry spell

We promise no more long dry spells followed up by an even longer dry spell

We promise no more long dry spells followed up by an even larger dry spell

I think people played wow so much because there were no other options. Now there are options.

Wow is a cash cow for now. 14 months of zero content, virtually nothing is done for half an expansion. That is nothing but pure profit for blizz. Players will only take this abuse for so long. Blizzard has abused their customers good will and screwed them royally.

We promise no more long dry spells follow up by a long dry spell

We promise no more long dry spells followed up by an even longer dry spell

We promise no more long dry spells followed up by an even larger dry spell

I think people played wow so much because there were no other options. Now there are options.

They do it because they can.

They know they have a sure fanbase and they do. It's not as big as the game was once, it's probably much smaller than the current fanbase but they know they got enough no-life fanboys hooked in to make sure the game survives.

If WOD teaches us anything is that good things have a price.

New modes? Sure but the price - No content for a long time.

But no content sucks, people get upset over long periods of time of doing nothing.

That's ok too, we'll fix that in the new expansion, by removing flying and making it seem longer than it is by making players run more.

Taking one of the most confortable and time-efficient things from WoW seems like a dangerous move. People might be upset.

That's fine too. We'll throw in the idea and let the dumbass fanboys do all the work. If the shit hits the fan we can all blame them.

Blizzard is a gaming company and an old one by gaming industry standards. They work as you'd expect a company to work, to be honest.

The real tragedy here is that certain consumers are the oddity , because they are getting fucked over and they are smiling and asking for more.

I don't expect to reason with anyone here, but holy shit people, this is getting really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Drytoast View Post
    Ahhh the day isn't complete without Ygg coming in and spamming troll statements without the ability to back it up with any kind of evidence...

You would be just as served proclaiming your love for the taste of poop! I mean, how could those 2 girls be wrong?
    And are you any different? You are just calling him a troll without any evidence watsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic