Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are we EVER going to get an offline option on battle.net

Wasn't this "coming soon" in 2012? I love my friends, but I don't want to play a game with them EVERY TIME I LOG INTO BATTLE.NET. Sometimes I want to log on, do an BG, Dungeon or play a couple of hands of HS without every. single. person. knowing. How difficult can this be to implement? PLEASE add a privacy setting to the Battle.net login!
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Televators View Post
    Wasn't this "coming soon" in 2012? I love my friends, but I don't want to play a game with them EVERY TIME I LOG INTO BATTLE.NET. Sometimes I want to log on, do an BG, Dungeon or play a couple of hands of HS without every. single. person. knowing. How difficult can this be to implement? PLEASE add a privacy setting to the Battle.net login!
    I wouldn't expect this to be added while they're working on WoD . I think it is a good feature for when i just wanna relax for a bit and do solo stuff. Prepare to receive heat from randoms saying you're destroying this game by wanting this feature or that you're embarrassed to play.

You can disable b.net after logging into wow and stay online without being on bnet by disabling port 1119, I believe. You can set up a rule on your firewall to easily enable / disable it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    It's called an MMO for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully one day, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Guns View Post
    Battle.net supports quite a few games, and only one of them is an MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's Away. Or do you mean an Invisible setting?

I'm less of a genius and more of a prophet.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    They mean an invisible setting, and it obviously should have been implemented by now.

If you must hide the fact that you're playing from people on your Friends list maybe they shouldn't be on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    If you must hide the fact that you're playing from people on your Friends list maybe they shouldn't be on the list.
    Rawr rawr I hate having options! The problem must be me.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    So you never get days when you just want to be left the fuck alone??? seriously every one gets those days and some people like to play wow on other characters or even other realms to try the experience out without being pestered

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks to those of you who posted constructively -- especially Raiju! I'll give that a shot at least for WoW.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

I like that it's not an option. I don't have a lot of friends on bnet, infact only one besides my girlfriend who talks to me. So it doesn't effect me per say but I like knowing when she's around. She has a tendency to get very secluded when she stresses out and being long distance away from her, I like knowing what she's doing. Just to keep tabs to make sure she's doing something besides dwell on it, which she is very known for doing. I'm afraid if that option was in place she's turn it off and I'd have no idea what she's doing.

"Hey can you run a few 2's games right now?"

"want to tank a ToT achievement run?"

"Need another for RBGs, want in?"

EVERY 5 MINUTES!!!!

Sometimes you just want to kill a bunch of level 14 quillboars on your lowbie, and do it while being left alone.

Deleted
    Shoo, go away. Or learn to read.

- - - Updated - - -

You too, shoo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by heartless8604 View Post
    I like that it's not an option. I don't have a lot of friends on bnet, infact only one besides my girlfriend who talks to me. So it doesn't effect me per say but I like knowing when she's around. She has a tendency to get very secluded when she stresses out and being long distance away from her, I like knowing what she's doing. Just to keep tabs to make sure she's doing something besides dwell on it, which she is very known for doing. I'm afraid if that option was in place she's turn it off and I'd have no idea what she's doing.

This is a very good example of why they should implement this asap

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I believe we're talking about an "appear offline" feature. ie, you are online and playing WoW, but everyone on real ID / friends list would see you as offline. Kinda like what Steam has.

And yes, I'd love to see that feature. I've had long/shitty days where I've just wanted to play games by myself and unwind without being bothered. Doesn't mean I'm antisocial or hate my friends or any of the similar dumb arguments against an appear offline option.

From what I've heard, it is something the devs would like to do, but it hasn't been done because of some technical challenges or something that they're still trying to work out. Something to do with how Bnet is cross game and would require multiple dev teams working together for such a feature to be implemented properly. Can't quote it directly, but I do recall a blue post a while back that said something along those lines.

edit: actually, this is where I remember seeing that:
    https://twitter.com/CM_Lore/status/440536278858096641
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-06-11 at 06:17 PM.

Deleted
    Why in the world would it bother you so much, if people had the option to sometimes fish/quest or w/e alone sometimes?

I would love this option, I don´t always want to get spammed by "hey, come here, lets do this or that, join TS/Mumble". 9 times out of 10 I don´t mind joining people on friends list for arena or w/e but sometimes I just want to enjoy the game in peace. Why would you be bothered If I wanted to quest alone for 30 min?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always enjoyed the option of saying, "sorry friend, not today". If they shit on your face for saying no they most likely aren't worth your time any way.
    Obtuse and Obedient of Stormrage US

I would like appear offline alot. If you really want to appear offline now, then you can doing it by logging in and then blocking the battle.net IP but for me personally it's way too much hassle.