Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mindp View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOL Don't use hard words? Ladies, gentlemen and masters of the English language: the US education system at work here.

Pretending to be a simpleton doesn't project intelligence.
    Being an asshole doesn't project intelligence either.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorality View Post
    Some big words make you look smart, too many big words make you look foolish because you're trying to prove someone wrong a bit too hard, lol. I'd tone it down a bit. I only know this because no one, especially yourself, wouldn't talk like that or even come close to talking like that irl. Keeping your words close to who you actually are instead of who you're pretending to be will make your posts more reasonable and less daunting.
    Heh. I'm currently finishing up my 6th and 7th degrees - a masters of science in commerce, and a post-graduate diploma in international trade. Those are day to day words for me - because I spend all day analyzing data for my dissertation. It becomes a useful skill when some respondents present a mountain of empirical evidence and analysis - versus somebody who tries to respond with their personal anecdotal bullshit ;p
    Last edited by Yvaelle; 2014-06-10 at 10:59 PM.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Heh. I'm currently finishing up my 6th and 7th degrees - a masters of science in commerce, and a post-graduate diploma in international trade. Those are day to day words for me - because I spend all day analyzing data for my dissertation. It becomes a useful skill when some respondents present a mountain of empirical evidence and analysis - versus somebody who tries to respond with their personal anecdotal bullshit ;p
    Please, don't tell me you're doing a thesis on "complicated statistical number analyed data evaluations calculated under advance number data"?

Cause a drunk parrot living on the dark side of the moon clearly points out flaws related to the use of empirical data over assumptions. Cause according to said parrot no such thing as confirmation bias exists and all data contradicting ones own opinion must be false!
    (Hence anecdotal assumptions / data must be superior to all available empirical evidence)

10+ Year Old Account
    I can make toast!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zych View Post
    I can make toast!
    Does it come with bacon and warlock tears?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    Please, don't tell me you're doing a thesis on "complicated statistical number analyed data evaluations calculated under advance number data"?
    Nah, my dissertation was originally on some really boring adjustments to oldschool economic theory (international fisher effect) - but I got tired of writing that and swapped to doing best practices of the PC video game industry! Still, it turns out to involve a lot of numbers and SPSS - but at least I get to do something tangentially related to a passion - rather than something that might have been a better academic contribution, but would be embarrassingly dull to explain at cocktail parties (does anyone actually have these? but you get the idea).

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it come with bacon and warlock tears?
    It used to, but warlock tears are so rare these days I had to switch to piss & vinegar. Still tasty tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Zych View Post
    It used to, but warlock tears are so rare these days I had to switch to piss & vinegar. Still tasty tho.
    Warlock tears these days are from tears of joy, the extra sugar ruins most recipes .

Playing my Warlock after playing my SPriest for as long as I have kind of feels like getting behind the wheel of a really nice SUV. A really nice SUV that doesn't give a single fuck about avoidable raid damage and will absolutely decimate anything in a 20 yd radius in front of me.

And if you ever need a real laugh, just check the Warlock forums. The biggest fear of Warlocks in WoD? They might be as bad as Shadow is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    The biggest fear of Warlocks in WoD? They might be as bad as Shadow is currently.
    That would be so delicious, even more delicious than a warlock tear sandvhich. Imagining them shaking at the inevitable WoD nerfhammer ever so slowly floating towards them will keep me entertained until then. *whistles and prepares barrels for a bountiful tear harvest*
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

I hope mages get hit with the nerf hammer too (mage tears are tasty as well). I'm tired of outplaying the mages on my team, but them doing 50, 60, 70k more dps and then having them constantly go "why do we have a shadow". Something is just wrong when the mage dot uptimes are in the 70s and 80s and yours are in the 90s and they still out dps you. I know mages aren't dot classes, but IMNSHO, how well they can maintain say living bomb says a lot about how good a player they are.

Quote Originally Posted by buffalowbie View Post
    I hope mages get hit with the nerf hammer too
    It's actually gonna be the other way around: For some reason they're getting the MoP warlock treatment. And yes, you have to try hard to be bad on a mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dierdre View Post
    It's actually gonna be the other way around: For some reason they're getting the MoP warlock treatment. And yes, you have to try hard to be bad on a mage.
    Like having a sip of coffee between individual pyro procs?

Like having a sip of coffee between individual pyro procs?
    A friend of mine told me she was once watching her friends twitch stream, and her friend was tanking (H Thok) and he, mid-fight, started showing off his new gaming mouse. As in, held it up to the camera and was like, "look at all the pretty buttons" before going "oh, right, pick up bats".

If only we had such luxury!

Deleted
    Yes, single target damage is mediocre on a good day, sadly

I still enjoy SP for the utility it brings to a raid - void shift, grip and those nice off heals! ~ I love seeing my PoM bouncing around; it gives me the feeling like I'm helping, even though I am just a sea weed in an ocean of holy priests

It's getting close to a year of SoO. If you're not on the cutting edge of progression, your class won't matter. 99% of the time you are getting sat is because you are not up to par skill wise. People out gear any content so badly at this point that it doesn't matter what class you bring. There's no real point to complain our numbers, it's a waste of time. People should be looking forward to warlords now, not complaining about something that won't change.

I think balance changes will be made significantly easier with most of our healing utility gone. I'm very much so looking forward to warlords.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

15+ Year Old Account
    so from your alpha play Drye still going lock or you going to stick to Spriest, or is it too soon to call ?
    Sig by Safhira

Too soon to call. I highly doubt I won't play my priest though.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be possible for those on the alpha to do some complicated statistical number analyed data evaluations calculated under advance number data?

It's really the only way to be sure if we'll be strong or not!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Setheria View Post
    Would it be possible for those on the alpha to do some complicated statistical number analyed data evaluations calculated under advance number data?

It's really the only way to be sure if we'll be strong or not!
    I'm on it as soon as the alpha lets me make a toon on Lost Isles - it keeps telling me character creation is locked on the server, but the only alternative is a pvp server where I'm sure the spawn point is gank central like MoP beta.