Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lol - Blizzards new store-bought running mounts cost $5 more than flying mounts

It looks like the Warforged Nightmare isn't available on the website yet, but it appears to be live in game in the US. This mount costs $30, which is $5 more than the usual $25 price.

You really have to love Blizzards Capitalistic spirit. THey have designed a mount for the ground (yes I know it can probably fly) and they charged a $5 premium for it. I have to wonder if the extra cost is to offset the refunds they are going to have to give on the flying mounts they sold.

I know there are multiple instructional guides on how to return your pre order of WoD across this forum and wows official forum. What would be really helpful for people is to know how to return their flying mounts. I never bought one so I cannot help.

You go Blizz... I do love your passion for squeezing every possible cent out of your customers. It is almost an art form.

Deleted
    Don't buy the mount then.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people like you seem to think they are going to have to refund loads of mounts? They won't, those mounts will always do exactly what they could do when they were purchased, and you'll still be able to use them in Draenor anyway.

Second, don't like the price? don't pay it, pretty simple, really, Hardly worthy of a thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Blizzard charging whatever they want for whatever they sell. They are a business first and foremost and the goal of any business is to make money.

Second of all, for $30 you get the mount and a hitching post item that allows players in your group to transform their mount into the Warforged Nightmare. You are paying the normal $25 for the mount and an extra $5 for the hitching post. If you had done even a little research before posting you could have avoided looking like a fool.

Third, if you don't want it, don't like it, or can't afford it then don't buy it. It's as simple as that.

It costs 5$ more because of the Iron Hitching Post that you get with it...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The extra $5 is because it gives you a Hitching post that you can place every 3 minutes that gives you a 20 minute buff. It allows everyone in your party/raid to make their mount look like the new mount, and the buff persists through death.

It's a unique style mount that can affect multiple people. I only found this out after a guildie bought it, and we toyed with it in raid all night. You do have to remove the buff to be able to use other mounts with special abilities like repair or reforge though.

Do I think it's justified? I'll never buy it, but I've never bought anything from the blizz shop, but I can see the justification on price for those interested in the mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I could throw a shoe out of my window and hit a more reliable source than noxxic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    But Tennisace I want you to provide a solution. You're our only hope.

One word for you: Greed

They are not longer producing a game model or experience that a lot of people want to play so they need to squeeze as much $ out of the few people who will still play their shitty design as possible.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooxi View Post

They are not longer producing a game model or experience that a lot of people want to play so they need to squeeze as much $ out of the few people who will still play their shitty design as possible.
    Lol, another person who did no research what so ever, and just jumped on the silly little hate bandwagon, GG champ, GG xD
    Your post is oozing with so much crap and misinformation it's hilarious, too, Always nice to have a chuckle reading some of this crap people post here, Thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    it flies. /10char
    This should be end of the thread..

Quote Originally Posted by beardedcandy View Post
    it flies. /10char
    But it is designed to look good running, unlike most other mounts.

I do not have a problem with the price, as I stated I enjoy their capitalistic passion to get as much money as they possibly can.

And for the record, of course people are going to be able to get a refund for their flying mounts. Why do you care if they get money back? If you bought one and like the way your two headed dragon wiggles like a little Chihuahua on the ground thats great, keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobra View Post
    Lol, another person who did no research what so ever, and just jumped on the silly little hate bandwagon, GG champ, GG xD
    Your post is oozing with so much crap and misinformation it's hilarious, too, Always nice to have a chuckle reading some of this crap people post here, Thanks ^_^
    ^ the kind of gamer who supports Blizzard no matter what they do. The true believer.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    ^ the kind of gamer who supports Blizzard no matter what they do. The true believer.
    I believe we have a name for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    But it is designed to look good running, unlike most other mounts.

I do not have a problem with the price, as I stated I enjoy their capitalistic passion to get as much money as they possibly can.

And for the record, of course people are going to be able to get a refund for their flying mounts. Why do you care if they get money back? If you bought one and like the way your two headed dragon wiggles like a little Chihuahua on the ground thats great, keep it.
    What? Why in the world would you be able to get your money back for a product you've used for a period of time AND still works just as advertised?

You do realize Draenor is like 10% of the game world AND you can use all your flying mounts in Draenor anyway, right?

Why am I responding to you...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

By "the few people." you mean several times the number that play any other western MMO? Yeahhhhh.

I don't like the mount, I have no interest in the mount, but I'm not going to pretend that because I'm less than thrilled about the mount that everyone else is, or that when I lose interest in a game everyone else does, or that when I'm bored everyone else is, and I'm also not going to pretend that I somehow lost content because they released a store mount. (Because these threads usually end up having that claim everywhere, because designing a mount totally takes an entire dev team and costs us content. Totes.)

You don't like it? Don't play it. Don't buy it. But don't pretend that everyone feels the same way.

And before I get accused of white knighting because I'm not capable of irrational outrage over a cosmetic item in a cash shop, I had my WoD preorder refunded like a month ago.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

1. It flies.
    2. The extra 5 bucks cover the hitching post you get to.
    3. Do your research.
    4. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Deleted

This^

20% of shop mounts price increase
    25% expansion cost increase
    EU services cost increase

Professional milking in action.

10+ Year Old Account
    People buy stuff like this. Happens in most games. I know if I was a game developer, I'd do something like this to get money if people kept on constantly buying it. Fuck a company for wanting to make more money, right? Don't want it? Don't buy it. I'm not gonna buy them, cause I don't want to pay the money. But you don't see me making threads complaining about it :>.

It's almost like Blizzard is a company in the business of making money that is answerable to shareholders or something. HOW DARE THEY TRY TO GENERATE CAPITAL!

Yeah, they're totally not the mmo with the most paid subscriptions.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    There's already a thread on this in general discussion. Why make another one? If you have something to say then take it there.